Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66021 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 2: That's Elmo's World) [Need 1 Replacement]
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2009, 02:38:46 pm »

I don't know.  Ask him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »

I don't know.  Ask him.
Don't mock Leafsnail's inability to talk in the second person, desu.  Answer the questions, desu.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2009, 02:43:04 pm »

Nah.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2009, 02:49:11 pm »

Leafsnail has another theory: ToonyMan has a reviver type ability, and resurrects himself once after being killed, desu.  After a failed lynch on him, he claims immortality, thus preventing further attempts to lynch him, desu.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2009, 02:54:44 pm »

Now it's two fail-lynches?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2009, 03:13:24 pm »

Well, Toony, if he is town, could he at least say something helpful instead of being useless and throwing WIFOM around, desu.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »

It would be better if we lynched somebody who we KNOW will die if they get lynched. Yeah, yeah, I know, but think about it. We're at an odd number of players right now. If we lynch ToonyMan and it suceeds, that's good. If it fails, that's like a NL. If there's only the mafia kill tonight, a NL right now would be a bad thing. Since I have no idea if we'll see extra kills tonight, I'm NOT fine with gambling a lynch away to test if a guy who claims to be unlychable is really unlynchable. When we get to evens during the day, or if there's 2 kills tonight, or whatever, then I'll gladly go along with a ToonyMan lynch to test if he's really unlynchable., but not a moment sooner.

Leafsnail has another theory: ToonyMan has a reviver type ability, and resurrects himself once after being killed, desu.  After a failed lynch on him, he claims immortality, thus preventing further attempts to lynch him, desu.

Your crazy theories to WIFOM the town have been noted. It's scummy, so enjoy continuing to have a vote on you. Also, I love how you didn't answer my accusations and instead try to get ToonyMan lynched, which is also scummy. Again, enjoy my vote.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2009, 03:16:20 pm »

I'm not town or scum Vector.  I agree with Mr.Person full-hearty.  You're being worse than me!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »

That sentence was broken, let me say it again.

I'm not town or scum Leafsnail.  I agree with Mr.Person full-hearty.  You're being worse than me Vector!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2009, 03:20:06 pm »

...And more buddying, desu.  Mr.Person, Leafsnail tried to answer your accusations before, desu.  Leafsnail didn't like Pandar's defensive voteflipping, and saw how Pandar managed to wriggle out of a lynch in NSBM, in spite of being almost confirmed scum, desu.  Leafsnail wanted to get the scum killed, but obviously fucked up, desu.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2009, 03:23:05 pm »

...And more buddying, desu.  Mr.Person, Leafsnail tried to answer your accusations before, desu.  Leafsnail didn't like Pandar's defensive voteflipping, and saw how Pandar managed to wriggle out of a lynch in NSBM, in spite of being almost confirmed scum, desu.  Leafsnail wanted to get the scum killed, but obviously fucked up, desu.

You're missing my accusation. I'm not blaming you for trying to lynch Pandarsenic (which is not scummy, since Pand was acting scummy), I'm not a fan of the way you jumped in, put the hammer vote in at the last second, then asked for the day to end without giving anybody else a chance to talk or Pand a chance to claim.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2009, 03:28:26 pm »

Leafsnail was not attempting to land a hammer blow, desu.

Quote from: Leafsnail
We still haven't reached much of a consensus, but Leafsnail is tempted to say that yes, the day should end soon, desu.  We can't keep extending this out forever, desu.

Leafsnail just didn't particularly want a day extension, but was fine with anyone else attempting to extend it, desu.  Leafsnail felt that Pandar was scum, and was worried he would flip his vote to Apost and get a no lynch, desu.  A full one and a half hours passed between Leafsnail's "hammer" and the day ending, desu.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:13 pm »

Hi you guys. I think Toony is a zombie, and therefore lynchable but not immune to night-kills. I'm getting my information from Pandarsenics role PM. I also think that the roles with a zombie/pirate/ninja/robot/alien thing are town-aligned, so I'm going to unvote ToonyMan.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2009, 05:29:20 pm »

Quote from: Chibi Cheeetar
Hi you guys. I think Toony is a zombie, and therefore lynchable but not immune to night-kills. I'm getting my information from Pandarsenics role PM. I also think that the roles with a zombie/pirate/ninja/robot/alien thing are town-aligned, so I'm going to unvote ToonyMan.
Leafsnail thinks Cheeetar has misunderstood, desu.  Reading Pandar's role pm, it sounds like each of the factions was a temporary ability handed out by Pandar in the night, desu.  Since he was lynched D1, he couldn't have given out any abilities, desu.  Leafsnail's guessing that Leafsnail becoming a robot (due to Pandar handing me the ability, desu) would have adverse effects on Leafsnail due to Leafsnail already being clockwork, hence:
Attributes may affect others differently.
desu.  Leafsnail has heard that other people got similar warnings in their pms, desu.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2009, 06:22:08 pm »

I have vague suspicions about the factions mentioned, and I'll ask--has everyone who has a faction mentioned but is not part of one told us about it?  If not, I'd really like to hear the rest of the information, because it might indicate some bastard modding.
Now that we see the ninja pirate et cetera guy, I suspect it was simply integrating it properly into the other roles.
or the green glowing affects people who didn't act.
It is not based on action, certainly.
That said, can Kobold and Apost join us.
Apologies. Had a test to study for, take. My suspicions from the earlier day remain, so I would vote for exkirby Apostolic Nihilist, for those reasons. Does not seem to be showing any tells to me as Apostolic.
I am guessing the greenness are people who did an action last night.
Going to say this false. Would the glowing like to say what they think it is?
Leafsnail, eduren, and SHAD0Wdump are glowing!
Leafsnail suggested that it was "tomato thrower". I do not know what this is.
More off-putting, however: Toony's blatant buddying with Cheeetar. Is this how he always acts?
I'm not even going to bother asking for an explanation of his suspicions of me.

It's a pity we lost such a useful role but his roleflip does tell us a bit about our situation. Can we assume that Pirate/Ninja/etc are modifiers that some people have, as opposed to roles?
Well, from the format of the claims (see my earlier bigpost) it seems like it would be advantageous (or not) for certain people to get specific designations. On this theory, I would be inconvenienced by being a pirate. (It fits the story, at least)
Your formatting is likely to confuse the mod.

And...uh...wow. Yeah, Toony's off the deep end again. a moment...
I'm not town or scum
Well. he did not claim town, so he has not been caught in a lie with this, at least.

My two hatch covers on Toony's behavior are that he believes he can take refuge in audacity because he's got his rep as Toony to cover his ass. I can't tell if this is scum or not. Howe'er, it causes confusion, which is bad for the town. revision midpost: found his first claim.
I am not scum.
well.

Ok, did a quick scan. 

I need to say, what caught my eye most was Person's direct avoidance of making the declaration that everyone else did.  The whole "I am pro-town" bit. 

Thus if there's anyone that I'm bothered with, it's him.

This is not dakarian. This is scum lying low, and jumping on what SEEMS scummiest.

So. I don't feel like doing the sort of grueling votecountery I did the first time, but I'm going to update my general informations. Mr. Person claimed pro-town. exkirbyApostolic Nihilist claimed ...well.
One of the reasons I hesitated was because I couldn't think up a decent role. At least ExKirby's role is, er... unique. No mention of zombies/robots/aliens though. Just to clear up any lingering suspicion: I'm not part of an anti-town faction and I'm not scum.
This feels odd to me. Third-partyish. Supported by
Anyway, seeing as everyone is hoping into the say-that-you're-town thing, and I like to minorly stand out, I say nothing on the topic.
Rather like toony's claim, but less strong. Not sure where my hunch is going here.
RedWarrior0Dakarian has not claimed townie status, still.

Lynch 1: Toonyman bounces off pandarsenic to Apostolic Nihilist, then back with little to no reason. During the extension, Pandarsenic: "Hi guys." Cheeetar votes for his quietness ("Is that all?") (second vote), then Pandarsenic thirdvotes himself (!?) and then comes off. Leafsnail gets the real third vote, and suggests to end the day.  As people mentioned, this seeems scummy, but has been discussed already.

Night 1 death: Only Shadowdump voted Zai, and that was in RVS. Looking at Zai's FoS/votes, though, we see...cheeetar, toonyman, and redwarrior0dakarian.

Mr. Person, what possible detract is there to saying 'I am pro-town'? None. There is a very possible no positive side, but with no cost and no detract why not say it?
Belatedly, this looks buddyish to me, too.

My chief suspicions are Toonyman, Cheetar, and the replacements (redwarrior0, exkirby) dakarian, apostolic nihilist, in roughly that order.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47