Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 66208 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Day 1: Bunch of Weirdos)
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2009, 01:36:03 am »

Unvote, even though I never got that joke Leafsnail.

Toonyman, you seem so willing to lynch Org, simply because Cheeetar jumped on him. Why is that?

In fact this is very odd for you. Usually by the middle of Day1 you "know" who the scum are. Yet you are putting up your usual aggression on a very flaky person for no apparent reason. So do you think that he is scum? Or did you just jump on the wrong bandwagon?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2009, 01:47:52 am »

EBWOP: Not that Toony should answer that. He shouldn't.
He shouldn't, but he gave some information na'theless- knowing the name matters. But, as Web said, don't o'er/underestimate powers.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. I was just naming some (funny, interesting) roles from Pandarsenic's game to aim for a reaction. Also thought that role fishing would be somehow less harmful, as all have roles...thinking on it a bit, I am mistaken, as the mafia will have a few points to compare on, unlike the rest of us. unvote

Perhaps what I was aiming for was more of a "What role would you choose, and why?"

Toonyman, what role would you pick if you were aiming primarily to enjoy the game?
Pandarsenic, what role would you pick if you were aiming to get a mod (not necessarily webadict) to grant you good powers?
Redwarrior0, why do you vote me with no reason? It looks rather scummy.
"We have secretly replaced Mr. Person's trophy with one made of Folgers iron pyrite. Let's see if he notices and offers up a cup of commentary." But really, tell us what metal role you would pick and why.

This to me seems like a whole load of rolefishing.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2009, 01:50:08 am »

Hey, you guys, stop twisting what I said. I said I random voted on Org because I had no base for suspicion. Random voting is normal. I then asked other people why they weren't voting for Org, in the spirit of the stupid questions people throw around in the RVS stage (such as 'Webadict WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT IM VOTING FOR YOU LOL'). You can't honestly believe that I think Org is scum. FoS all those who say I'm scum, because you suck omg.

Also, I'm not going to unvote Org until he posts.
You suck OMG... OMG... you suck... OMGUS! That's it! He's OMGUSing!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2009, 01:51:09 am »

That part of my post was more an acknowledgement that it could be seen as an OMGUS.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2009, 01:54:46 am »

Also: Apparently there are ninjas, as notified by part of my role description. (No, I'm not a ninja myself). Ninjas: Friend or Foe?
I've played some mafia.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2009, 02:10:13 am »

Unvote.

Cheeetar,your acting all sorts of crazy this game,but I feel it is much too risky to attempt to vote you yet,I'd first have you investigated before hand.

Damn I don't know what to do here... Might Everyone chime in on Cheeetar's behavior?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2009, 04:08:25 am »

thinking on it a bit, I am mistaken, as the mafia will have a few points to compare on, unlike the rest of us.

Wait. What? Expound, please. I may be missing something here, but this doesn't make sense. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Scum knows stuff; town doesn't.
Uh....you're confused. Scum knows stuff yes.

To restate, since you seem to not have understood, yes, scum know stuff. More importantly, scum get to communicate (normally) and so would share roles to better understand where the game balance sat, and how much of a threat a gi'en role could be.

If they can correctly guess how Webby made the roles anyway.
Also: Apparently there are ninjas, as notified by part of my role description. (No, I'm not a ninja myself). Ninjas: Friend or Foe?
This sounds plausible, as I have information regarding pirates (that it may be bad to be one- the language I paraphrased is similarly weak) and am not one.

Say, I don't think we know if there isn't a Truth Analyzer (finally all that "I am a pro-town dwarf" makes sense- all will factionclaim, and not claiming is a reason to hide)

I am not a pirate. I am not a ninja. I am a pro-town dwarf character.

@CobaltKobold: I would probably go with either Ozzy Osbourne or Calcium, depending on how I felt that day.
Hee hee. Strength or a fun position. unvote
Quote from: Mr.Person
I'm here. Cobalt Kobold
Great, but how about you try being useful, RedWarrior? You can't just say "I'm here!" and expect the town to forget about you.
That looks rather scummy, redWarrior. You provide no content, only show up when prodded (I know, possibly just an 'online-ness' but still) and gi'e no reason for voting me or e'en something to gauge how willing I am to speak/react. And [preemptively] no, my vote isn't an OMGUS- that's only if you DOn'T ha'e good reason to 'ote them, and are doing it purely for retaliation.

Cheeetar...is acting funny, but Leafsnail seems to indicate that there may be portions of roles that require such acting. On the flip side, he is being active, a bit more so than I remember from other games (that I don't remember which side he was, sorry).
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009, 04:14:24 am »

I am not a pirate. I am not a ninja. I am a pro-town character.
Although I doubt the existence of a truth analyzer. Also: Pirate scum, ninja town? Ninja town, pirate scum? Ninja scum, pirate scum? I'm more inclined to the both scum theory, and there being two scum factions.
I've played some mafia.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2009, 04:26:09 am »

I am not a pirate. I am not a ninja. I am a pro-town character. Just in case.

FoS Kobold for jumping on a Redwarrior bandwagon. He already had two votes, a third was not necessary if all you wanted was for him to talk.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2009, 05:47:09 am »

Oh look, he's posted. Org, what do you think about my bandwagon on you?
Who knows. I dont really know what to think yet, too early. :I

I am not a pirate. I am not a ninja. I am a pro-town character.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2009, 05:50:11 am »

Don't take too long to form an opinion. Indecisiveness is a scum tell.
I've played some mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2009, 05:51:26 am »

Don't take too long to form an opinion. Indecisiveness is a scum tell.
too early. :I

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2009, 06:36:06 am »

I am certainly pro town.

Now pirates and ninjas don't seem to be everything here,I've got one about aliens,and how it doesn't sound like a bad idea to become one.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2009, 07:20:37 am »

It dosen't seem a bad idea for me to become a ninja, either.
I've played some mafia.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2009, 08:32:23 am »

Yet I hear becoming a pirate may be bad.

webadict has sown foncusion.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47