Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Path to Glory: Part 1-1: Beginnings (0 turns completed)  (Read 8099 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Path to Glory: Part 1-1: Beginnings (0 turns completed)
« on: October 17, 2009, 06:05:40 pm »

I've had this idea in my head for a while, so who would like to join an high fantasy RPG? Magic would be in, naturally, and everyone would control a single character. Medieval or quasi-medieval technology. I'll start with 8 people. The initial part (I'm not going to spoil any details of what I've got planned) would have you as part of a mercenary guild/group in a human town, but things may change. ((Once Part 1 starts, put Out of Context material in double parentheses))

If you wish to join, post:
Character name:
Race: Current available are elf, human, dwarf
Equipment:
Non-combat skills:
Background info: Purely for the flavor. I can make something shitty up if you want.

Player list (No open spots left):
Spoiler: Neruz: Scottsman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:31:08 pm by RedWarrior0 »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Path to Glory:
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:06:30 pm »

Damn. Hit post accidentally. I'll finish the OP soon.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path to Glory: Part 0: Signups
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 06:41:06 pm »

I wish to join.

Name: Frederick Jr.
Race: Human
Equipment: Battle-axe, armor, lute, pack of cards for which he will deny any and all accusations of being rigged.
Non-combat skills: Drinking, bluffing, gambling, playing a lute.
Background: Frederick Jr. grew up in the small town of New Appleford. He hated it, and left as soon as he came of age. He has been wandering since then, making his way from inn to inn by being uncannily good at playing with his own deck of cards, and playing his lute for money when his "luck" ran out.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 06:55:18 pm »

That checks. I like the semi-modern names in a (forgot to mention) medieval-type fantasy. Adding that now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:00:34 pm »

I wish to join.

Name: Chief Ragnar of Bjorheim; Slayer of Danes

Race: Norse

Equipment: Battle-axe, Battle-axe, Armor, Bearhide Shirt (to become Bearsairk with! Yes, it IS real.).

Non-combat skills: Drinking, Dueling, Gambling, Drinking.

Background: Ragnar is a Norse Chieftain who was banished for being too much of a badass to die and go to Valhalla as an Einheriar. Ragnar seeks honorable death in battle against any worthy foe. He just can't seem to manage that, however.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »

Meh. Can I start off with a character that people barely know anything about and learn more later?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 06:54:49 am »

Non-combat skills: Drinking, Dueling, Gambling, Drinking.
Why do I get the feeling that you're going to break poor Frederick Jr's lute if we play cards?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 07:16:29 am »

Meh. Can I start off with a character that people barely know anything about and learn more later?

Why don't you try a character that is not a mysterious dark stranger that is covered in mysteriousness and darkness and dark mysteriousness? You never know, it might b e fun.

Name: Duff McDuffDuff, Son of Dougal McBeardDuff (Most people just call him Duff.)
Race: Human (Scottish. Gaelic Roots)
Equipment: Bagpipes, Plaid Kilt, Caber with straps for long distance transportation, Woodcutters Axe, Leather Shoes, One Denarii, Breadloaf, Indomitable Scottish Fortitude.
Non-Combat Skills: Bagpipery, Caber Tossing, Lumberjacking and the noncombat parts of being Scottish.
Background: Duff McDuffDuff, son of Dougal McBeardDuff, Grandson of McErik McDuffBeard, Great Grandson of Donnan McDougalDuff has a long history and a longer lineage running all the way back to the barbarian hordes that sacked Rome itself. The family heirloom is even a single authentic Denarii piece; all that was left of the hoard his ancestors accumulated and then promptly wasted on booze, bagpipess, women, booze and gambling. The blood of champions (and looters, and champion looters) runs through Duff's veins, and godsbedamned if it isn't time for a rousing Bagpipe soliloquy!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:05:52 pm by Neruz »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:15 am »

Non-Combat Skills:being Scottish.
???

So far, this is turning out good. A bard and two barbarians already!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 08:47:04 am »

Would something like this be okay?

Character name: Tim
Race: Dwarf
Equipment: Hatchet, a helmet with curved horns, and robes that seem to be a few sizes to big. A tall stick he claims can make fire come out of it.
Non-combat skills: Drinking, persuading, impressing with horns.
Background info: I think it might be obvious. If not: + the enchanter.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 10:56:30 am »

Character name: Vrnoch Drbrughji
Race: Dwarf from the far north-east.
Equipment:
 - multi layered and expensive clothing (including robes, backpack,a nice hat, etc.) made from all kinds of thick fur. Classic Russian cut.
 - A small, low powered but easily concealed crossbow, and knuckle irons with small spikes. both laced with deadly poison. He knows how to use them but is not a professional combatant in any way.
 - A longship with crew and supplies, and 99 barrels of vodka for sale.
 - large amounts of currency in every shape and form, making quite a bit of noise every time he moves. Safely secured in various pockets and hidden compartments all over his clothing.
 - food and survival supplies, just in case.
 - Quite a bit of parchment, both empty and scribbled all over, as well as writing supplies of various kinds, and other tools for merchant work.
 - Fancy and heavy jewellery. (worn)
Non-combat skills:
 - Legendary liar.
 - A master at forgery.
 - Grand master apperizer and bargening and other merchant skills.
 - Legendary pokerface.
 - Extremely good at almost all games of logic.
 - Professional navigator and sailor.
 - Legendary fast-talker.
 - Grand master diplomat.
 - Legendary capitalist.
 - Flawless person-who-will-end-up-walking-away-with-your-money.
Background info: A sneaky merchant from the frosen wastes in the east, so meacger he almost reminds of an skeletion, and with rather thin but extremly long hinds of all hair, facial, head or other. He is slyer than any fox, he is rumoured to have been born old and never have smiled in his life and that his visage make grizzly bears cover in fear, his sole and only motivation is greed. He has travelled all over the world and seen almost everything. Slightly paranoid.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 11:20:35 am »

Character name: Vrr'ob'akc'link'k'ati'nlop'en
Race: dwarf
Equipment: Battle axe, battle axe, battle axe, vomit covering, mud covering, blood covering, ☼Wolf leather tunic☼, -Wolf leather leggings-, =Wolf leather low boots=
Non-combat skills:
RRRAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGG,

Adept intimidator

legendary beer-drinker

proficient insultinator

master conversation-killer

Bipolar disorder with RAEG/calm states

Flawless person-who-will-end-up-walking-away-with-your-face

Background info: "Do you know the face? The face of eternal and tormentious RAEG? That is Vrr'ob'akc'link'k'ati'nlop'en's face whenever you mispronounce his name," Klyrrkin'd, wandering dwarf.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:42:57 am by Rashilul »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 11:24:55 am »

Character name: Alexia
Equipment:
- A musket and ever other thing with it to reload it.
-she would wear this- A pet Talking hawk
- Waterskinbag,a small backpack with food for me and the hawk,a runestone that shows direction,a small healing kit.
- 1 ring which grants her the same power as her pet (example : my pet hawk has a excelent eyesight so i have that 2)
Non-combat skills:
-   Herbalist
-   Animal tamer
-   Musketeer
-   Scout
-   Surroundings checker (traps, kinds of trees and so on)
-   Rune user
-   Sexy
-   Hunter
-   Trapper

Background info:  Alexia is a young human that seeked for thrill and excitement, she had no parents since they died in a fire accident. He survived many years in the woods alone and gained experience of what things to do to survive in the wildernis. She sold different kinds of things to gain money and buy a musket. After she bought she practiced and hunted with it with so much ease. But one day she found a half dead mage in the woods, the mage gave her his stuff as his final will, but she had to promise she never would loose it.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 11:37:20 am »

Character name: Horatio
Equipment:
Some cheap part-leather outfit that seen better days.
Lute.
A sack with some scrolls and books.
Non-combat skills:
Performance
Singing
Poetry creation
Con Artist
Bluffing
Acrobatics
Pickpocketing
Background info: Horatio is a human in his middle 20's, a bard, travelling around the world in seek of epic and knowledge. Cming from a craftsman family, He never experienced a need in anything. He left off with a troup of artist at his childhood, wandering with them for some time, learning art of a bard and a con artist.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:48:54 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »

Character name:Arknor, Son of Aknor, Son of Aknimborian the Wizard of Darkness
Equipment:Magic looking robe, Pointy Hat (to amuse the uneducated), Shoes, Extra Pair of Shoes(to beat uneducated people with)
Non-combat skills:Generally Looking Awesome, Craftman
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:35:22 pm by bulborbish »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6