Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prefstrings  (Read 544 times)

Iverum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prefstrings
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:43 pm »

I've just started to look into modding and I had a question about Prefstrings that I'm not able to find an answer for in the wiki. Is it possible to have multiple prefstrings on a creatures? If so, how would they be entered?

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prefstrings
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:11:21 pm »

Yep. You just create multiple entries for it. It'll just pick one randomly from the ones you add.

Iverum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:15:12 pm »

Thank you.

EDIT:

Now I have a different question. Hopefully someone will have an answer. I'm trying to replace dogs with a different animal. How would one go about doing that? The creature has the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [PET] tags, but it does not show up on the embark screen. Dogs also are absent from the embark screen, and that I had intended.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:49:19 pm by Iverum »

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 09:29:19 pm »

The creature has the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] and [PET] tags, but it does not show up on the embark screen.

A brief glance at creature_domestic.txt shows all the current entries have [LARGE_ROAMING] as a tag, even cats and dogs. Try adding that one?
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

Iverum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:53:53 pm »

Has that one. I'll post the complete creature for reference.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know everyone does raptors, but it felt like a fun place to start.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 11:28:46 pm »

[CREATURE: RAPTOR]

The raw's title appears to have a space in it. Maybe that's screwing it up?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Iverum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 11:34:47 pm »

I erased the space, but there was no change. They still don't appear in the embark screen. Maybe they are dying during worldgen due to the body. I'm not quite sure if I put it together correctly.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 11:47:33 pm »

Domestic creatures don't need to worry about worldgen; your dwarves should still get them when you embark. This is especially true for things like dogs and your raptors, which don't exist except as domestic creatures (they don't have a biome tag).

As for the body, your creature appears to be missing a head. Try this line instead:

[BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:3FINGERS:3TOES:MOUTH]

The "Humanoid" base plan works well for most bipeds in the current version.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Iverum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:29:33 am »

Yes, thank you. That worked. :D