Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: It's been a while since our last little . . . zombie apocalypse.  (Read 13963 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Summary:
This got a little long overall. I’m starting a new zombie apocalypse. It’ll be RP heavy with some random elements. To make my workload a bit easier players will be updating their own character sheets at the beginning of each turn. If you wish to join, post a character sheet. Looking for 5 or 6 people right now, of which I've got 10 playing. I may consider taking more people in later, but am not taking character sheets currently (if I do, expect to see a fancy subject change). I'll direct anyone else who wants to play to RAM, who is running a cooperative character.

Well, our forum veterans will remember the little zombie apocalypse games. To the neophytes (or those who need refreshers), the first little zombie apocalypse was started by Leo. Sadly, it’s not available to be seen by most forum goers currently. There were a few that came after that. Basically, they were generally very RP heavy games set in a zombie apoc. I’ll be starting another one, right now.

Overview: RP heavy game set in a zombie apocalypse. Players will create characters and post actions, the GM (me) will then post results. The game is mostly determined by the GM, however there are some (hidden) randomized and preset characteristics. In general though, common sense rules.

Joining:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RULES:
Talking, it's a free action.

Inventory sheets

Map:
Basic Map
Numbered Map
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:49:31 am by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while since the our last little . . . zombie apocalypse.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:35:20 am »

This is the update schedule:
Strife cancels update: Crushing workload. I've got the SAT on Saturday, and lot's of homework and cleaning between now and and then (plus my dad's in town on leave). Directly after the SAT, I've got stuff to do in the Twin Cities, so we'll see if I can update during the drive. Of course, considering my luck, I'll be driving up there by myself, in the middle of the night, during a  blizzard.

Damnit. Now I don't feel like sleeping. I'm doing my calc work, then we'll see if I get to a turn.

Characters in the game (10/5):

Username: Mission0
Username: Luke_Prowler
Username: Little
Username: Archangel (If you're going to shorten it, please use Angel)
Username: Sofia
Username:RAM{plus whoever else wants in}
Username: Humaan
Username: Kagus (What's the point of this, exactly?  You can clearly see who we are...)
Username: Flintus10
Username: Tack
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:49:16 am by Strife26 »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:35:44 am »

This post will have stuff in it. Sometime. Maybe.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:03:06 am »

Username: Mission0
Character name: Mission
Nickname, that friends had used for him since he was a kid. The name stuck in the army and has had continued use for those outside of family.
Physical Description: Roughly 6 ft, plus or minus an inch. Kinda of lanky with his legs making up the majority of his height. Dark brown hair that looks black in the shade. Not physically strong beyond a basic military training in the Army.
Life Description: Other than a High School education he has gone through sniper training in the army, however has not had any experience in the field yet so a theoretical experience is the best he has.
Skills: Played around with computers while in high school and can be called a Proficient computer user/builder. Expert Sniper usage from Army training.
Weaknesses: Has not seen any combat so gore, or violence will be intimidating.
Base location: He lives in a small house on the north side of town, one of the l1 tiles at the top. In the house he owns a pistol along with two clips of ammo to go with it. His family also lives in the house, whom he was visiting before he went on his first tour of duty.
Other: Was coming home to say his goodbyes to his family before going on his first tour of duty. Was dropped off at the airbase, and picked up by his family. Currently wearing camo, since he has just returned home and wasn't able to change back out before whatever happens in the game happens.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 03:45:21 am »

Username: Luke_Prowler
Character name: Luke Prowler (duh)
Physical Description: average build, tall, rather limber, short unkempt black hair, green/hazel eyes.
Life Description: A (self proclaimed) master thief , Luke has been going through many small time jobs, when he was finally able to pull a big time heist. Then the zombie apocalypse happened. He is skilled with a knife, but he prefer to avoid fighting. At a young age, Luke was traumatized when he saw a man gunned down in the street, and has since then sworn to never wield a gun.
Skills: Competent Knife-user, Proficient lock-pick, Stealthy, Novice Electronics, Agile
Weaknesses: Refuses to use guns, rather weak.
Base location: Currently alone in a small 1 bed apartment (in tile R) that sort of doubles as a safe house. Currently inside is a basic survival kit (Flash light, first aid, rope, that kind of stuff) about a weeks worth of food and bottled water (although that leftover meatloaf looks like it's going to go bad), his gear (Including several knifes, lock-pick, a grappling gun, and inferred/night-vision goggles), 2 sets of civilian clothing and his "sneak suit", furniture, and various knickknacks.
Other: Luke is currently holding onto a very importing painting (in a tube container, not still in it's frame), and really wants to get out of the city with it. It doesn't trump his survival, but it's very close.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:08:47 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:46:59 am »

Reserved, will fill in first thing tomorrow.

Username: Little
Character name: Rachel Larson
Physical Description: Skinny, of average height, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Life Description: The closest Rachel ever came to death before the zombies arrived was the time she spilled hot coffee on her hand. Living downtown with her uncaring dad was the closest thing she ever had to family. and working in a local Starbucks was the closest thing she ever had done that came close to labor. Now, with the undead roaming the streets, she`s holed up in the apartment with her boyfriend and her dad. Realizing help is not likely, they`ve made the choice to try to flee the city.
Skills: Skilled Coffee Brewer, Dabbling Markswoman, Skilled Conversationalist
Traits: Clever, Persuasive, Attractive
Weaknesses: Naive, Afraid, Untrusting, Clumsy
Base location: One Apartment in Tile B
Items: .22 Rifle, Supply of Canned Food, Clothes, Cellphone, Backpack
Other: Boyfriend has a switchblade and is unstable, Dad believes the Army is coming to save them but agreed to leave, Mom died in car accident
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:37:13 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:54:05 am »

Username: Archangel (If you're going to shorten it, please use Angel)
Character name: Zedekiah Stone
Gender: Male, but he's a shape shifter so it can easily change
Physical Description: Natural form: Tall and a little thinner than a healthy human is. Black hair. No beard (Senon have eyebrows, the hair on the top of their heads and pubic hair and that is it. When human: Basically the same as his natural form except he is a muscular normal size and weight and has stubble.
Life Description: Fully qualified electrician despite being only just an adult in human terms and not yet an one in Senon terms. (They reach physical maturity at 25 and their brain finishes developing at 26) Has practice making explosives and using guns, the first due to paying attention in chemistry class and the second from having friends who are gun nuts.
Skills: Using DF terms, he's a professional shapeshifter, Adept electrician, competent explosive maker and user, skilled gun user and no tag medic.
Weaknesses: Stupidly heroic.
Location (Just arrived): R. in his back pack he has an arctic rated sleeping bag, 5 t-shirts and 5 pairs of underpants, 8 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of cargo pants( one woodland camo and one black), 2 hoodies (one black, one grey), several days food and water, a surgeon's kit, night vision goggles, 25 .45 cal pistol mags and basic toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shaving cream, safety razor and cut throat razor. On his person he has a black hoodie, black cargo pants (He is of course wearing underpants and a t-shirt underneath these), a kevlar vest, a pair of socks, combat boots and a belt. In his pockets he has a 2 blade pocket knife and six .45 cal pistol mags. On his belt is a H&K Mark 23, 2 flashbangs, 2 frag grenades and several pouches containing bandages and a further 3 magazines.
Other: He can turn into, amongst other things, an aluminium based humanoid lifeform, any land mammal on Earth, the four basic types of elemental and several mythological creatures.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 04:44:49 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 03:59:39 am »

I'd like to try joining, but I am concerned that I can't be on my laptop ALL the time. Mostly at night. Would that be a problem?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 04:02:47 am »

I'd like to try joining, but I am concerned that I can't be on my laptop ALL the time. Mostly at night. Would that be a problem?
I doubt it.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 04:18:25 am »

As long as you can get on once a week or so, you should be fine, Sofia.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 04:30:58 am »

Username: Sofia
Character name: Sofia
Physical Description: Somewhat skinny, of average height with blonde hair and green eyes.
Life Description: Has spent the last few years drifting around, picking up some skill with a gun and learning how to pick locks and fight with her hands or anything she can swing at someone. But mainly excels with using a knife and sneaking around. She's a known criminal in some places, having used these skills of hers at multiple opportunitys.
Skills: In DF terms, Skilled gun user, Competent with blunt weapons, (No tag) Lockpicker, Competent hand to hand skills, Proficient knife user and Proficient sneak.
Weaknesses: While she can normally keep a level head she tends to get violent often, and is generaly distrusting.
Base location: An empty warehouse in the 3 tile, with a sleeping bag, an old berretta pistol and 3 magazines, a few cans of food, two gallons of water in bottles, a few bottles of random alcohol, and her butterfly knife and lockpicks. She is wearing a pair of tight jeans, a tight leather jacket, a pair of heavy boots, a leather collar around her neck and spiked gloves.
Other: Due to her remote location she may not be aware of the Zombies, she was mostly just squatting in town for a bit before moving to another one.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 06:43:15 am »

Username:RAM, tehstefan{plus whoever else wants in}
Character name: Mary Sue
Physical Description:
dark curly hair, dark eyes.

Life Description: She has been a model housewife for the past 6 years, prior to which she lived a sheltered life in a wealthy household. After news of the attacks reached them her family moved into their private bomb shelter to wait it out, but she didn't like it in there. The radio was picking up ever more and more desperate reports, her husband was pulling everything out of the carefully-packed cupboards, the children were hungry, the baby started crying, and she just couldn't get away. So she quieted the baby, and starting chopping some food, and then the dog threw up, and everyone complained about the smell, and the baby started crying, and they all told her to clean it up, and they they all just kept COMPLAINING. ABOUT. THE MESS! And then everything was peaceful again and she made a big meal for everyone and cleaned up all the mess and went out to get some better food. But there were plenty of tins of beans in the bunker, everyone would be fine in there for as long as she needed...
Skills:
 proficient cook(competent kitchen-utensil fighting)
 Accomplished knife wielding manic(only when berserk)
 Proficient navigator(only shopping venues)
 Proficient cleaner
 Proficient driver
Weaknesses:
 incapable of perceiving blood
 berserker button
  (don't complain about the mess
   she doesn't like to talk about her family, they are just 'wonderful' and 'well' and 'quite safe'...)
 claustrophobia
 multiple personalities(only if more than one person plays this character)
Base location: Large suburban house with a large four-wheel-drive car.[B on the map]
Other:
possessions:
 Blood soaked dress
 Blood soaked knife
 Nice handbag
 Carkeys
 $500 in cash
 $20 in coins
This, very much this:
 it would be cool it several people would be willing to ‘share’ a character and decide his/her actions by consensus.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:37:10 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 07:01:14 am »

I like rule #4...

Username: Humaan
Character name: Aaron
Physical Description: A bit heavier than other people. Approx. 6' 2" tall. Brown hair and eyes.
Life Description: An prgrammer at a major company, he was the main reason the company succeeded. He was secretly hacking into the database to find files about the company records, just to "make sure" the company was using its money wisely... by not cutting his paycheck. He has little experience with weapons, but carries a pistol with him "just in case".
Skills: Expert Programmer, Competant Hacker, (No tag) Gun-User, Proficient Chef.
Weaknesses: Has terrible asthma, and has to use his inhaler anytime he gets to an high elevation.
Base location: An office building in Medium Commecial 9 tile, having his labtop, a concealed Desert Eagle pistol with a backup clip, a portable reciever (for the Internet, of course!), and his inhaler. At his HOUSE, situated in D, he has a few more clips for the Desert Eagle, food, a few extra canisters for his inhaler, water bottles (might not be full), and has a secret room where he stores his equipment (possible hiding place?)
Other: He is not fully aware of the outbreak, although he has heard "rumors", he prefers to just contiune his work. His favorite food is chocolate donuts, and will try to get some for his "last meal".

I hope you accept 6...

Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 07:58:35 am »

I believe that it has been stated that this is not a 'first come first serve' soiree and that having 6 accepted might not guarantee you a spot, and less may not deny you one...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »

Okay, the first six applications have been received. I'm going to make my final decision for six players at around noon central tomorrow. More character sheets are welcome! (And I'll probably end up letting everyone play  ::))

I need to know the other people who are living in the character's home.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:27:40 pm by Strife26 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11