Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deadly Creature Mods!  (Read 2796 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Deadly Creature Mods!
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:27:41 am »

This will be like the "Community Mods and utilities list" thread but it will be all about Deadly Creature Mods! I will take all the most used deadly creature mods and add them into a comprehensive list with scores for usability and deadliness along with a description and where to download them!

Spoiler: Orcs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raptors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Legendary Lands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Murlocs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Better Goblins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fallout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Immortal Dragons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorepelix (click to show/hide)

please suggest whatever creature mods you like to have "FUN" with and give your own rating! ratings on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being low end and 10 high. Also better descriptions would be appreciated cause most of them I just quoted the description given by the creator and might not quite fit.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:52:42 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Creature Mods!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 01:34:18 am »

I am pretty sure supermutants and zombies in my Fallout mod are very deadly too, so don't forget it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 01:53:20 am »

I am pretty sure supermutants and zombies in my Fallout mod are very deadly too, so don't forget it :).
There we go, all added on. Also as you might notice because of the quick add I could not test it so anyone got a 1 to 10 score on the Deadliness?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:21:50 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 02:15:41 am »

I'd give it 8 or 9, because there're huge supermutants coming in big numbers, Enclave Patrols coming for you in the first year with energy weapons and in power armors plus raiders sending thieves, snatchers and raiding parties. Not to mention 2 types of skulking robots which are harder to kill than kobolds. 5 hostile factions is quite a big threat :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 09:40:41 am »

Immortal Dragons Mod

I do believe that the top and bottom creature in my thread are deadly enough ;). If not I could used the old version of it that was surprisingly even more deadly. Especially when elves use them as mounts ;D. If you don't believe me, read mission0's post in the thread, it is true.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:21 am »

They come at you quickly but can be trapped. On the upside your traps will be easier to clean because they don't have clothes but the downside is that you can be ready for them without a single military dwarf, atleast they aren't pansy and keep coming at you.

Actually, they have TRAPAVOID.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 09:21:20 pm »

Fixed the raptors and now looking into the dragons. have added the Dragons. My deadliness scores on the dragons might be off seeing as I could only look through the code quickly to judge them so anyone that has actually used them please give an honest opinion and your reason for the score.also does the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag made it so they don't appear in the wild?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:55:25 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 10:21:03 pm »

I tend to post these things every time a thread like this shows up.

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

They explode on death. Best use crossbows.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 11:20:38 pm »

Added! Explosions are fun ;D

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 11:24:51 pm »

just need to put the parts in text files and fix any capitalization errors.

Capitalization errors? Where?

Oh, right, the tags that always get errored because of the forum's coding. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:26:57 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »

just need to put the parts in text files and fix any capitalization errors.

Capitalization errors? Where?
[liKES_FIGHTING]
I even typed it in correctly with the capped "L" and "I" but the forum just does not like the tags. can't be helped I just mention it cause it's there though the only one it would still cause a complete behavior change in the creature. Not to single just yours out cause a lot of the ones posted on the forum has the same type of problem and really whether something wants to fight or not is a big difference.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 11:30:32 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:44 am »

The second dragon was a guard dragon so that's why they have [COMMON_DOMESTIC]. I could take that off if you like. But then they would appear in the wild and destroy you...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 07:38:03 am »

It has nothing to do with the wild. Biomes do.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 07:51:40 am »

It must mean I am missing the [LARGE_ROAMING] tag...interesting.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 10:18:00 am »

Naw, I just want to know if you can randomly encounter them or if they only appeared as a tame creature because that would definitely affect how deadly they are. After all if you only see it as a pet then its not going to be killing you. Also can it be used by other Civs? From the post in the thread I looks like others can use it as a mount.

I just want all this for proper deadliness rating cause It would effect how the dragon interacts with a person's dwarves.

All answered.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:54:47 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: [1] 2