Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66562 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.2 up!)
« Reply #180 on: December 09, 2009, 10:37:48 pm »

I only need the raws file out of there right? I have my own mods and setup I'd like to retain.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »

Not 100% sure I follow what you're asking, but yeah the graphics and the worldgen file are totally optional; otherwise its 4 files that replace existing vanila raws and 3 entirely new ones.  Usually meshes with other mods just fine.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2009, 10:45:29 pm »

I copied just the raws out and the graphic files for the new civs and it seems to have worked. Will know if the graphics worked right when I get sieged. :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2009, 10:46:11 pm »

Should be fun too, in this freezing terrifying biome with no trees and no access to surface water.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2009, 10:58:33 pm »

Awesome, let me know how it goes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2009, 11:38:19 pm »

I see how I got confused. I had an older file in the downloads folder which was an entire DF folder complete with graphics and mods and I used that mistakenly thinking it was the new 1.2 release.   :-[

All fixed now. :D I had been waiting on the new release, will report on how it goes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:45:03 pm by forsaken1111 »

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2009, 12:03:26 pm »

Much better than the last version. Just got sieged by the lizardmen a year in before I got any migrants. Ended up taking them 6v15 with a bunch of miners in steel armor. If I had known that migrants were going to take this effing long to show up, I would have had my miners each spend half a season training wrestling and shield user. Never too late to start, I guess.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2009, 09:06:36 pm »

Much better than the last version. Just got sieged by the lizardmen a year in before I got any migrants. Ended up taking them 6v15 with a bunch of miners in steel armor. If I had known that migrants were going to take this effing long to show up, I would have had my miners each spend half a season training wrestling and shield user. Never too late to start, I guess.
Glad you gave it another shot.

edit: Man, I really wanted to start a succession game for this version.  I even genned a perfect site (not only does it have almost all the important features and tons of chalk, but the list of enemies by distance is almost the same as the ideal attack order).  But I keep reading the Future of the Fortress thread and seeing early January potential release dates, so there doesn't really seem to be enough time for it to be worthwhile.  If I weren't so pumped to get my hands on the next version I'd almost be disappointed. 

Almost.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:24:27 pm by nil »

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2009, 11:47:15 pm »

LOL I just launched a Treent at least 58 squares south and 57 squares east (+/- 3 squares).   It could have went farther, but sadly that was the edge of my map so I don't know where he landed in reality.

The thought of a flying tree has made my day...

I love this mod.

* one of the dwarfs in the squad has level 43 in hammer skill and 23 strength... Think it might have been him. *According to dwarf companion*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 11:52:28 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2009, 05:33:48 am »

Would it be possible for someone to upload a large world genned using relentless assualt? for some reason, df always crashes when i gen a large world :(
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:24 am »

Would it be possible for someone to upload a large world genned using relentless assualt? for some reason, df always crashes when i gen a large world :(
Here you go: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1683

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:21 am »

Many thanks! Mod is awesome, as always!  ;)
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2009, 11:07:08 pm »

Many thanks! Mod is awesome, as always!  ;)
Thanks.  I might have accidentally genned it with a bad tag.  If you have any trouble with that, redownload, its fixed now.  If you've already built a fortress, changing the weapons entry for the [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_VERY_LARGE] to [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_ENORMOUS] in item_relentweapons.txt should work too.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2009, 09:41:11 pm »

I would suggest giving frogmen and lizardmen a low damblock to make up for them having no armor. I just ran off a double siege (seriously, they can do that?) from the frogmen and lizardmen. I had two hammerdwarf squads, and one went to get a drink or something, so three hammerdwarves ran off roughly 75 reptiles. With that many, they should have at least gotten a scratch, even if they are heavily cross trained and decked out in steel.

Got some damn good hangtime on them though. There are more frogman and lizardman parts around here than I know what to do with.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2009, 11:29:26 pm »

I would suggest giving frogmen and lizardmen a low damblock to make up for them having no armor. I just ran off a double siege (seriously, they can do that?) from the frogmen and lizardmen. I had two hammerdwarf squads, and one went to get a drink or something, so three hammerdwarves ran off roughly 75 reptiles. With that many, they should have at least gotten a scratch, even if they are heavily cross trained and decked out in steel.

Got some damn good hangtime on them though. There are more frogman and lizardman parts around here than I know what to do with.

Blah, they're meant to be easy, and even damblock wouldn't help them in that situation.

Besides, I once ran off an entire orc siege with a single human swordswoman. Once your troops are skilled enough, 75 against ~3 is about even odds.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22