Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66551 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2009, 04:43:51 am »

Pretty sure that's because they're building destroyers; there can be some weird pathfinding for that.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2009, 01:43:04 pm »

Ill try removing the tag and see if i still get this massive drop, because i fall from 50ish fps to barely 6-7 when treant spawn.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2009, 01:52:15 pm »

Auch!
Yeah I'd imagine it's building destroyer..
Sneaking creeps check at every turn to see if anyone is surrounding them to determine if they become visible, that's why they drop the FPS, I'd imagine building destroyer handles it the same way.
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2009, 02:34:19 pm »

It was unplayabl with most of sieger having ambush killing my fps hard so i took it out from most of gang siege but kept ambush on some other like thief and such more fps now. Less surprise but oh well my comp isnt meant for heavy cpu load....

*Edit* Hell of an improvement, no more fps drop, so yeah the building destroyer give CPU a heavy workload.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:44:14 pm by jocan2003 »
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2009, 09:19:44 am »

Interesting mod. Much easier to start with than Dig Deeper, my miners and untrained woodcutter butchered the frogmen without really trying. I tried the same strategy with orcs... didn't work out so well.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2009, 05:51:24 pm »

If you get a erewolf siege, you better barricade yourself and try to shoot them from higher ground with no way for them to reach you or they will tear you appart they quick, dirty and fast and also avoid trap!! They killed multiple champion each siege, only in one ive been lucky and its in story somewhere on the forum, one champon alone managed to drive back a whole siege by himself, thanks to the trance and good skill in shield and armor!! or else.... one more champion would be in the tombs....

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2009, 06:07:44 pm »

If you get a erewolf siege, you better barricade yourself and try to shoot them from higher ground with no way for them to reach you or they will tear you appart they quick, dirty and fast and also avoid trap!! They killed multiple champion each siege, only in one ive been lucky and its in story somewhere on the forum, one champon alone managed to drive back a whole siege by himself, thanks to the trance and good skill in shield and armor!! or else.... one more champion would be in the tombs....

Or you could have arm a child of 12 with a sword and shield and send him out to fight them by himself...

By the way, about how much population do I need for a giant siege? I'm minimizing population to save fps, so I'm trying to achieve the bare minimum.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2009, 07:07:19 pm »

If i remeber right at 80 i got my first reat siege not sure tho

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2009, 07:09:08 pm »

Comparing them to Dig Deeper orcs, they're one size larger but have 3 less damblock. They have comparable unarmed attacks: 1-7 gore from the werewolf compared with 1-6 bash from orcs. Orcs wear steel while werewolves apparently wear leather, and while orcs have a large range of crucible steel weapons werewolves have a few melee weapons. The one thing the werewolves have over the orcs is speed, they are MUCH faster.

Honestly, they look like fun, but they don't really scare me. Should be interesting.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

MrLobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2009, 01:53:02 am »

They scare the bejeezus out of me in melee combat. I worry that either I kill them in a way that is 100% safe (box in and marksdwarf, or some kind of big trap), or they get into the fortress and everybody dies.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2009, 03:09:42 am »

Because they have low defenses and lack ranged weapons, werewolves are easy for a dwarf with good stats, skills, and equipment to kill.  Squads that lack any one of those things will see some casualties; less than that and they're dead for sure.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2009, 11:45:29 am »

Doesnt speed also affect the speed of combat abilty? i mean a creature with 700 base speed at let say dabbling wont attack as fast as a speed 500 dabbling? Well im no sure....

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2009, 12:03:58 pm »

Doesnt speed also affect the speed of combat abilty? i mean a creature with 700 base speed at let say dabbling wont attack as fast as a speed 500 dabbling? Well im no sure....
Yeah, going by the wiki and my limited experience with Adventure mode I'm almost sure faster = more agile, which in turn means means more attacks.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2009, 12:20:37 pm »

Speed and agility are two seperate things - there's the base creature speed (900 by default in the raws) which is raised by being lowered, and then there's the in-game version displayed in adventurer mode (which is confusingly raised by being increased, and displayed as a completely different value). Agility is a modification on that base speed, but doesn't have anything directly to do with speed - it's just like the other two attributes.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2009, 01:02:11 pm »

Hmm... I'm reading the wiki as:
-raw speed is the number found in the raws; lower = faster
-each level of agility will reduce a creature's effective raw speed value by 10%.
-effective raw speed determines how long a creature takes for actions like movement and attacks (higher number means more time per action so lower = faster)
-there may or may not be actions which check agility directly (maybe dodging, counterstrikes, miss/hits) rather than effective speed.

I think movement and attacks are in the same category when if comes to speed checks, pretty sure about all of the rest.  So effective agility may not always mean effective speed, but when if comes to movement and attacks am I wrong in thinking that a creature with a faster raw speed will be effectively the same as a high agility creature with a slower base speed (e.g., no stat werewolf, effective speed 600, is comparable to an extremely agile dwarf, effective speed 630)?  Or is it that neither speed nor agility affect how quickly a creature attacks?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22