Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66532 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2009, 05:22:41 am »

Does that mean that they siege sooner or later?
Triggers are an OR function, hitting any one will set off the civ in question.  So, the bad extra tags make the treants come sooner.  The production triggers, in particular, seem easy to reach (mostly due to artifacts).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2009, 06:56:42 am »

Here it is, my repack with graphics and addons:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1608

This time I playtested it for 5 years so it sould be fine.

I am starting a new fort, I will try to make this one as organized as possible :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »

I just played a 5 year fort to the end with 1.0, wanted it to end before switching to 1.1 :p
About no migrants, even at 500k~ wealth :(
Had 13 dwarves when it ended, with 2 champions proficient in swords and crossbows.
Had 150~ kills combined :)

Ended when a werewolf siege killed the champion heralding 93 kills and stormed the fort, killing the other champion in his sleep :(

Hopefully I'll get more dwarves in 1.1 !!

Really having fun with this nil, thanks a lot for making this :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2009, 08:25:20 pm »

I had no problems with immigrants in 1,1.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »

I just played a 5 year fort to the end with 1.0, wanted it to end before switching to 1.1 :p
About no migrants, even at 500k~ wealth :(
Had 13 dwarves when it ended, with 2 champions proficient in swords and crossbows.
Had 150~ kills combined :)

Ended when a werewolf siege killed the champion heralding 93 kills and stormed the fort, killing the other champion in his sleep :(

Hopefully I'll get more dwarves in 1.1 !!

Really having fun with this nil, thanks a lot for making this :)

same here with 1.0 i tend to get problem with immigrant i can go on for about a full year without getting migrant even with 4milion wealth, untill the damn dwarven liaison come for the second time and then i get full wave of migrant for about a full year lolll
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2009, 11:46:48 pm »

same here with 1.0 i tend to get problem with immigrant i can go on for about a full year without getting migrant even with 4milion wealth, untill the damn dwarven liaison come for the second time and then i get full wave of migrant for about a full year lolll
Yeah, that was happening because people were getting so routinely seiged that they'd go for years without getting a dwarven caravan.  With population triggers, the progression of invaders should be slowed down enough to prevent that from happening (as much/as early).

Glad you dig it, Danarca.

Valdoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2009, 10:11:32 am »

What are the triggers?  I'm in my first winter and I haven't seen anything.  I'm not too worried yet, but I was really worried about being seiged by frogmen before I even had rooms build.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2009, 10:50:26 am »

What are the triggers?  I'm in my first winter and I haven't seen anything.  I'm not too worried yet, but I was really worried about being seiged by frogmen before I even had rooms build.
Frogman basically come as quickly as possible, they have level one progress and population triggers (triggers are an OR function so as soon as one hits you're good to go).  However, depending on the RNG and (I think) how far you are from said Frogmen on the worldmap, "as quickly as possible" can be anything from the first summer to the third year.

The other triggers are mostly population based; a few have production triggers too so low-pop forts see some action, but those are set a little higher (for example, the ogres have a pop trigger of 4 and a production trigger of 5, plus they're babysnatchers so there's about a year's delay on top of that.)

Playtesting for 1.2 atm.  Most changes are just for worldgen, but I'm revamping the treants some more (taking away [severs on breaks] and giving them a weak bludgeoning weapon but halving their damblock; should make defeating them feel a little less gamey, plus it ups their worldgen resiliency so if needed I can weaken them a lot more easily than I could before).

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »

In a fort of mine I climbed to 11~ population, and started getting frogmen sieges.
I had 2 dedicated, legendary engravers starting to engrave everything with masterful engravings to get more population.

Anyways, I got treants instead.
Auch.
Om Nom nom nom nom

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2009, 07:14:59 pm »

In a fort of mine I climbed to 11~ population, and started getting frogmen sieges.
I had 2 dedicated, legendary engravers starting to engrave everything with masterful engravings to get more population.

Anyways, I got treants instead.
Auch.
At 11 population?  That shouldn't be possible in the current version, maybe it's another of those data/objects things..?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2009, 02:49:06 pm »

I think if you embark on treant teritory you can get them come on you faster, IM NOT sure if it is true, im merely basing thats on some random playing i did but i havent tested or took time to verify.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2009, 03:43:04 pm »

From the entitty file under treants:
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:5]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:5]
Besides a double population trigger, you still got the trade trigger.

Remember, progress triggers are OR, not AND operators.
Om Nom nom nom nom

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »

From the entitty file under treants:
Code: [Select]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:5]
Besides a double population trigger, you still got the trade trigger.

Remember, progress triggers are OR, not AND operators.
Goddammit! I knew about that shit (more a question of missing a spot upgrading to 1.1 than not knowing how triggers work but a retarded mistake nonetheless) a week ago and could have sworn I fixed both the DFFD copy and the manual version but apparently I did a crappy job on the one and none at all on the other.

At least now we know that trade triggers kick in at least as quickly as production ones, which I was pretty curious about.  Too bad you had to learn the hard way, very sorry about that.  Everything's fixed now, for what it's worth.

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2009, 06:01:46 pm »

Heh, no problem :)
You're juggling quite a bit of civilisations, so mistakes occur naturally :p
Om Nom nom nom nom

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2009, 02:00:13 am »

I would like to know if its only me but when i get sieged by treant i always get a massive drop in fps no matter what.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22