Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66499 times)

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2009, 10:02:06 pm »

I just downloaded 1.1 and replaced everything I needed to.  However, now when I gen worlds, every single one of them has Minotaurs as NO TRADE on the embark screen.  What's gone wrong?  Here's the Minotaurs in my Entity file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2009, 10:22:32 pm »

I just downloaded 1.1 and replaced everything I needed to.  However, now when I gen worlds, every single one of them has Minotaurs as NO TRADE on the embark screen.  What's gone wrong?  Here's the Minotaurs in my Entity file:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything looks normal to me...  check your error log and clear out the contents of data/raw, if that doesn't work show me the creature entry.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38:50 pm »

also clear out the errorlog BEFORE starting a genning a new world and play it or else you could get error from previous game/mod whatever.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2009, 10:54:16 pm »

Clearing out my data/objects folder seemed to have worked.  Weird!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2009, 12:51:05 am »

Good! have fun now :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2009, 05:27:40 am »

Just posting this to note than the dwarves pasted in the second post seem to have a double language entry. It doesn't look like this causes any bugs, or someone else would've complained, but it can't hurt to remove one anyway.

This mod looks tasty, I'll take a peek at it later. :3

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2009, 05:43:51 am »

Deon I tried your version but I get pretty terrible graphics errors.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 06:03:51 am »

Just posting this to note than the dwarves pasted in the second post seem to have a double language entry. It doesn't look like this causes any bugs, or someone else would've complained, but it can't hurt to remove one anyway.
I'm not sure I understand... the [trANSLATION:] tags all look good to me, do you mean something else?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2009, 06:06:10 am »

I'm not sure I understand... the [trANSLATION:] tags all look good to me, do you mean something else?

He means in the creature_standard entry for dwarves it says:

[BOWMAN_NAME:bowdwarf:bowdwarves]
   [SPEECH:dwarf.txt]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2009, 08:07:55 am »

Does the [starting_biome:glacier] tag allow the spawning of werewolf civilizations? They don't spawn in my games unless I replace the tag with [tundra].

Also, I get the NO TRADE, but with elves. Does it actually affect anything?
(It might be because another civ's trade season conflicts with the elves, now that I think about it - I will investigate proposed fixes).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2009, 09:03:29 am »

Does the [starting_biome:glacier] tag allow the spawning of werewolf civilizations?

Only if there actually are glaciers on your worlds, of course. And only if the civ can survive the conditions - a too low min temperature might be generating glacial areas that are too cold to be lived in.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2009, 09:10:30 am »

Does the [starting_biome:glacier] tag allow the spawning of werewolf civilizations? They don't spawn in my games unless I replace the tag with [tundra].

(It might be because another civ's trade season conflicts with the elves, now that I think about it - I will investigate proposed fixes).
Make sure you've cleared the data/objects folder, elves are siegers and should display as a dotted red line.  Hopefully that'll clear up the werewolves, too, although it might be a lack of glaciers as 3 said.  Are you genning a large world?

[STANDARD_FLESH]
Ah.  Never even noticed there was a speech tag in the creature entry..

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2009, 12:57:12 pm »

Make sure you've cleared the data/objects folder, elves are siegers and should display as a dotted red line.  Hopefully that'll clear up the werewolves, too, although it might be a lack of glaciers as 3 said.  Are you genning a large world?

[STANDARD_FLESH]
Ah.  Never even noticed there was a speech tag in the creature entry..

This was a fresh, previously untouched copy of df - I'm guessing its the temperature problem, because in a later map my tundra werewolves failed to spawn as well.

Elves do seem to work fine in my latest worlds though.

Also, worldgen is epic just because of all the wars.

I just modded in orcs, and I just got a battle where 123 treants attacked a 83 orc settlement. 62 orcs perished, but they kill all 123 treants...apparently the cause of the war was the inability to communicate and form treaties...and the treants still keep coming somehow - the next year saw 141 treants come, only to be all turned to kindling.

In that same worldgen, I see a battle where a young boy, Laulug Lutetest, just barely come of age at 12, was the only defender left between his home and a tribe of vicious werewolves that constantly raided his village between elf sieges. 59 of them came, while he alone stood at the gates, protecting the children inside. And yet this young boy held firm, killing 24 of these vicious monsters before the wolves turned tail and fled, and thus earning the name "The Execution of Sheens."

These are the same werewolves that the people in Sparkgear fear to fight without champions or bridge traps.* Bear in mind that humans are size 7 (I nerfed them a bit to act as traders and added in superhumans) and wolves are size 9.

Later that same year, he and 6 other children were mercilessly shot to death by a siege of 355 elves.

*Yes, I know there are differences. They are fundamentally the same.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:03:27 pm by darkflagrance »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2009, 08:36:37 pm »

I just modded in orcs, and I just got a battle where 123 treants attacked a 83 orc settlement. 62 orcs perished, but they kill all 123 treants...apparently the cause of the war was the inability to communicate and form treaties...and the treants still keep coming somehow - the next year saw 141 treants come, only to be all turned to kindling.

In that same worldgen, I see a battle where a young boy, Laulug Lutetest, just barely come of age at 12, was the only defender left between his home and a tribe of vicious werewolves that constantly raided his village between elf sieges. 59 of them came, while he alone stood at the gates, protecting the children inside. And yet this young boy held firm, killing 24 of these vicious monsters before the wolves turned tail and fled, and thus earning the name "The Execution of Sheens."

These are the same werewolves that the people in Sparkgear fear to fight without champions or bridge traps.* Bear in mind that humans are size 7 (I nerfed them a bit to act as traders and added in superhumans) and wolves are size 9.

Later that same year, he and 6 other children were mercilessly shot to death by a siege of 355 elves.
Haha, I know!  My favorite is when you see two civs at war that have babysnatched from each other and everyone else for so long that their populations are an equally proportioned mix of gnomes, dwarves, goblins, humans, ogres and giants.

I also wonder how exactly worldgen battles are calculated.  It seems like everything can make a difference--type and quality of equipment, size, damblock, natural attack damage, etc--but you still get a lot of stuff happening that never would in fortress mode.  The treants, for example, will trade equal casualties with the elves pretty routinely, but if that battle actually played out the guys with the wooden arrows wouldn't stand a chance.

edit:  I missed some old trigger tags in (of course) the treant entity entry.  If you downloaded earlier they had the trade and progress triggers, but were only intended to have a population trigger.   Sorry!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:50:04 am by nil »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2009, 04:42:42 am »

Haha, I know!  My favorite is when you see two civs at war that have babysnatched from each other and everyone else for so long that their populations are an equally proportioned mix of gnomes, dwarves, goblins, humans, ogres and giants.

I also wonder how exactly worldgen battles are calculated.  It seems like everything can make a difference--type and quality of equipment, size, damblock, natural attack damage, etc--but you still get a lot of stuff happening that never would in fortress mode.  The treants, for example, will trade equal casualties with the elves pretty routinely, but if that battle actually played out the guys with the wooden arrows wouldn't stand a chance.

edit:  I missed some old trigger tags in (of course) the treant entity entry.  If you downloaded earlier they had the trade and progress triggers, but were only intended to have a population trigger.   Sorry!

Does that mean that they siege sooner or later?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22