Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66461 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:29 am »

Tried again and I'm still getting 'unexpected end of archive' when I open it. Hm

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2009, 02:33:33 am »

Are you talking about opening DF or opening the archive?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2009, 02:49:34 am »

Are you talking about opening DF or opening the archive?

Are you serious?

Of course I'm talking about opening the archive...

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2009, 03:22:16 am »

Heh, sorry, you never know.

Anyways, like I said it worked for me, and there's been a few downloads without anyone mentioning anything.  Maybe it's a problem with your extractor?  Regardless, I'm gonna update the "manual installation" thing so if you can't get the download to work you can try that.

edit: Manual install pasted up.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:36:01 am by nil »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2009, 03:37:46 am »

Heh, sorry, you never know.

Anyways, like I said it worked for me, and there's been a few downloads without anyone mentioning anything.  Maybe it's a problem with your extractor?  Regardless, I'm gonna update the "manual installation" thing so if you can't get the download to work you can try that.

edit: Manual install pasted up.

Thanks! Will splice them in that way for now. It could very well be something in the way you zipped it that winrar doesn't like, though I can open other zip files fine. Who knows? :P

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2009, 04:41:00 am »

Thanks! Will splice them in that way for now. It could very well be something in the way you zipped it that winrar doesn't like, though I can open other zip files fine. Who knows? :P
I used 7-zip...  Mostly it works better than anything I've ever used before, but it would be typical of open source software for that to come at the price of the occasional strange compatibility glitch.

Incidentally that's not exactly the same version as on the file depot, but the changes shouldn't matter at the player level.  I've been tinkering with the biome settings to increase the number of civs who survive worldgen; mostly it's been working but the kobolds haven't been doing as well as I'd like.  I haven't actually seen them fail completely, but you might want to keep an eye open.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2009, 05:35:05 am »

out of curiousity, I grabbed 7zip and tried it. It still won't open it. It tells me the archive is damaged.

The one hosted on DFFD works fine for you?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2009, 05:44:15 am »

The one hosted on DFFD works fine for you?
Yep.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2009, 05:50:10 am »

Very strange.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2009, 06:24:48 am »

If it helps, I just genned a world with all of the primitive civs, orcs, and this mod. The only civ to die out was the primitive frogman tribe, the rest survived.

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2009, 06:44:02 am »

Will we need to gen a new world, or can we just patch up and continue playing saved games?
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:54 pm »

the version off DFFD worked fine for me, it's just you having the problem I guess.

As far as worldgen goes, I always just stop it after year 20 or so. Not only is it quicker but all the civs will always survive and there are more megabeasts to go around.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2009, 03:50:02 pm »

Greetings, Nil!
I feel sorry for those who doesn't know or don't want to know how to place the graphics and text files together so I've made this version.
Also I felt like adding most stuff I play with, so tell me if you're interested in me making some addons.

This is your 1.1 with graphics (tileset from SFE, major races from Ranting Rodent, creatures from Sphr, other things from your download):
>>> temporary unavailable. <<<
It also features:
1) Uncut/deblock mod (Metalax). You can buy only blocks/cut gems from merchants, but with this mod you can turn them in raw material for moods.
2) Economical stones (Sean Mirrsen). Every stone may be toggled on/off for constructions/craft in the "z" menu.
3) Additional creatures (Deon). Just a bunch of creatures by me, they are not gamebreaking or overly weak, various undead and fantasy beings for fun. All are playtested.
4) Stonebed mod (Deon). You can turn any stone to a bed in a smelter, in case you lack wood or want your dwarves to sleep on stones. However such bed has a low value.
5) Elfcoal mod (Deon). You can burn any wooden armor pieces/weapons to charcoal in a smelter. Way to dispose of those elven belongings with a productivity.
6) Fishing industry (Deon). A very early version of my mod, currently it just adds liver oil to some fishes (codfish[new], sharks), caviar (black caviar for sturgeon and red caviar for salmon), adds a "dwarf wedgemussel" (because I like it :D) and a codfish (for cod liver oil), plus a few more extracts from mussels and such. Not a lot but still you should be able to process your fish better and have more food products.

Also I've went through all the raws and assigned special tiles to all the vermins so birds look like birds, flies as flies etc. (they are in SFE tileset, which was modified by me because I've added a few more tiles like a tile for small mammal vermins).

These small mods almost do not alter the gameplay, just add small useful things.

Oh, I forgot to tell, it comes shipped with DF Companion, DF Tweak, Dwarf Manager, Stonesense and Spellcraft (allows to encrust magical gems into things to generate mist, turn corpses in zombies, regenerate organs etc.).

I must say that I highly enjoy your mod. Thank you very much. I hope my "edition" is ok and you'll like it, I tried hard :D.

P.S. It's on Depositfiles.com and not on DFFD intentionally, I don't want it to sound like a "mod of your mod", it's just a compilation of your mod and minor additions which help the gameplay. If you're ok with it, I can upload it on DFFD later (with you as an author).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:15:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2009, 04:23:17 pm »

Will we need to gen a new world, or can we just patch up and continue playing saved games?
You should be able to, the only thing I'm not sure about it how the new giants' weapons will function.  Most likely they will just use the mauls and great axes they used in 1.0, but if you're not feeling lucky you might want to keep their old entity entry.  Also, it's highly unlikely minotaurs will work without a regen.

If it helps, I just genned a world with all of the primitive civs, orcs, and this mod. The only civ to die out was the primitive frogman tribe, the rest survived.
Yeah, at this point it's just about getting the whole ecosysystem to be robust enough to handle the introduction of new civs.

Very nice.  I won't make it official or anything, as I'm trying to keep everything relatively compatible/close to vanila, but you're welcome to put it up on DFFD or whatever.  I'll put a link to your post on the first page.

By the way, what version of DF is that?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 08:52:30 pm by nil »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2009, 06:23:25 pm »

40d. To allow all the utilities to be used.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22