Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66537 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2009, 01:18:15 am »

Could you double check your errorlog and fix your many typpo? Theire is some equipement typpo, tag typpo and others too if i remeber i just didnt think about noting them....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »

Hey nil, just giving some feedback.
I'm having a hard time with getting migrants in this mod, just had a fort last 5 years (longest so far with RA) before werewolves gained entrance.
I was sieged about 70% of that time.
My population was never above 12, so just about everyone had hero names because they had to take care of kobolds and harpies.

So, first: Fix immigration. I don't know if it's because the dwarves have a hard time in legends mode and therefore don't have enough to send, or if the requirements are higher, but I feel that my fort, the one mentioned, with a wealth of 400,000 should have attracted more than 4 immigrants in it's lifetime =/

Second, change the triggers for siegers.
I was forced to lock up because I got sieged by treants with nothing but 12 dwarves because I had attempted to raise my wealth.
And when you're sieged 70% of the time, immigrants can't really arrive on the map, because they spawn at fixed times(right?).
So you can easily get into a bad circle that way.

Third, harpies are broken, they just hang in the sky. Don't move, nothing. Don't know why.

My 2 cents, hope it's useful :)
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2009, 02:59:00 pm »

Could you double check your errorlog and fix your many typpo? Theire is some equipement typpo, tag typpo and others too if i remeber i just didnt think about noting them....
Yeah, to my infinite embarrassment I only discovered the errorlog about 5 days ago.  Everything will be cleaned up very soon.
Hey nil, just giving some feedback.
I'm having a hard time with getting migrants in this mod, just had a fort last 5 years (longest so far with RA) before werewolves gained entrance.
I was sieged about 70% of that time.
My population was never above 12, so just about everyone had hero names because they had to take care of kobolds and harpies.

So, first: Fix immigration. I don't know if it's because the dwarves have a hard time in legends mode and therefore don't have enough to send, or if the requirements are higher, but I feel that my fort, the one mentioned, with a wealth of 400,000 should have attracted more than 4 immigrants in it's lifetime =/

Second, change the triggers for siegers.
I was forced to lock up because I got sieged by treants with nothing but 12 dwarves because I had attempted to raise my wealth.
And when you're sieged 70% of the time, immigrants can't really arrive on the map, because they spawn at fixed times(right?).
So you can easily get into a bad circle that way.

Third, harpies are broken, they just hang in the sky. Don't move, nothing. Don't know why.

My 2 cents, hope it's useful :)
Points one and two, hopefully, will be solved by the next release (which is out in 0-2 days).  I'm switching to population triggers, which seems to be slowing things down--in my test fort, I'm on the spring of year 3 and I've only had one small frogman siege.  At the elast, it should prevent a situation like the one you're talking about.

re: the harpies:  were you on a cold map?  I'm hoping the reason they don't work on the current map is their lack of laying in the current release, although it could be just much noted problems with fliers and their pathfinding (I just can't figure out how the SoFs in SPIV were so effective!)

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2009, 03:34:05 pm »

Yeah i was confused as well =\ but no, the fort was in a temperate biome... Really strange... Could the sentient-related tags be messing it up? Or..? Hmm, try double-checking the body tags? Maybe its trying to walk?
Om Nom nom nom nom

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2009, 04:16:03 pm »

Yeah i was confused as well =\ but no, the fort was in a temperate biome... Really strange... Could the sentient-related tags be messing it up? Or..? Hmm, try double-checking the body tags? Maybe its trying to walk?
Shouldn't be anything like that, the body entry is vanilla, as is (other than layering and [EQUIPS]) the creature entry.  Maybe something with the sneaking?  I remember there was a bugged ambush party in SP6...

The ax is definitely hanging over their heads.

TheDeadlyShoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Blog not found
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2009, 04:44:13 pm »

Yeah I've never seen a harpy do anything.
Lord have mercy and let me not throw up in this space helmet.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2009, 04:47:23 pm »

By the way sorry i didnt say it in the first post but thank you for your hard work on this mod, its a great addition and finaly im having fun :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2009, 07:52:42 am »

Until further notice harpies will be detonated using the thermonuclear "fix" ;)
Om Nom nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2009, 12:41:03 pm »

From my own experience with modded flying baby snatchers, the [flier] tag does indeed screw over path-finding upon spawning for ambushers, and has strange effects on special units like thieves.

If the flier spawns on the ground, its path-finding is normal. This leads to epic attacks.

If the flier spawns in the air, it becomes stuck and never moves or attacks, probably because it cannot path to the ground. Ambushers or other stealthed creatures frozen like this will not move again, even if discovered, unless they are injured to the point of unconsciousness or otherwise knocked to the ground, where if they recover they will act as normal.

By the way, despite the fact that my baby-snatcher fliers did indeed practice baby-snatching in world-gen (among other things, their leader was an elf baby-snatcher stolen by a former leader), they never sent thieves to my fort, nor did I discover frozen thieves during the sweeps my military made of frozen ambushers.

It might therefore be better to remove the [flier] tag from harpies.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2009, 12:49:13 pm »

From my own experience with modded flying baby snatchers, the [flier] tag does indeed screw over path-finding upon spawning for ambushers, and has strange effects on special units like thieves.

If the flier spawns on the ground, its path-finding is normal. This leads to epic attacks.

If the flier spawns in the air, it becomes stuck and never moves or attacks, probably because it cannot path to the ground. Ambushers or other stealthed creatures frozen like this will not move again, even if discovered, unless they are injured to the point of unconsciousness or otherwise knocked to the ground, where if they recover they will act as normal.

By the way, despite the fact that my baby-snatcher fliers did indeed practice baby-snatching in world-gen (among other things, their leader was an elf baby-snatcher stolen by a former leader), they never sent thieves to my fort, nor did I discover frozen thieves during the sweeps my military made of frozen ambushers.

It might therefore be better to remove the [flier] tag from harpies.

Replace them with some sort of fey creature. There are a number of them which like to steal children/babies.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2009, 10:38:21 pm »

I liked the earlier version a whole lot so I'm definitely going to give this one a try.

Any idea what the max pop you need to get the highest level enemies is? I'd like to keep mine as low as possible but I want all the monsters to be attacking me.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2009, 10:49:19 pm »

I got Treants at about 105.  I suspect it's based on the Outpost/Hamlet/Village/Town/City designations with a little plus or minus based on distance.  I'd cap it at 110, and then bump it up a little if you seem to be missing anything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2009, 12:31:21 am »

Just for kicks, I'm now mixing this mod into my bigger modded copy of DF which includes my own modifications as well as 2 tribal orc civilizations, drow, 2 new elf civs, and the primitive civs mod. Should be fun to watch the fireworks on world gen.

Is there a maximum number of civs by the way?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:15 am »

Is anyone able to download the new ver 1.1? I get an unexpected end of archive when I try to open it.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2009, 12:54:02 am »

Works fine for me, try re-downloading.

As far as a max number of civs...  I've heard there is, but at the least it's pretty high.  I'm not sure how many civs privative mods includes but I bet you'll be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22