Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 66523 times)

Vorago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (ver 1.0 up)
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2009, 11:44:14 pm »

is it normal for one dwarf standing behind fortifications one Z levels higher (Fortified tower) than a siege can lay waste to them without anything firing back?  They had no issues murdering a dwarf on ground level but it seems one level higher and the lizardman lose the ability to fire back

I just assumed fortifications provided added defense, not a one-way shooting wall of death

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 12:01:11 am »

Yeah, only elite enemy units will try to shoot through a fortification if they aren't adjacent to it.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:20 am »

YEAH!!!!!

LOL I pulled out every cheap trick in the book, and I am still trapped in my fort behind a wall of treants with only my original 7 dorfs...

They seem almost completely immune to arrows (as they should be)  and nothing I do seems to be able to break them...

I <3 this mod.

Going to see what catapults do now....

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:13:43 am by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2009, 11:00:12 pm »

My current fort follows this guy. It is also giving me a besieged ant hill feel with armies coming at me from all sides climbing up a hill to my entrance. just waiting for the DM to show so I can tame all these Unicorns the elves brought me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2009, 04:48:53 am »

Hm, I bet this would mix very well with the dark dwarves mod for a very dark warlike game.

Also, you did it again.

[ACTIVE_SEASON:FALL] is in minotaur data, should be autumn no?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:11:35 am by forsaken1111 »

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2009, 06:25:16 am »

wow just had a massive Lizzy siege with 4 local leaders in it, made it through with no casualties(after one savescum due to being to reserved and getting filled with copper bolts). While half the fort is out there picking up the mettal equipment 7, thats right 7, Elf ambushes riding unicorns.

all I can say is SO MUCH BLOOD! this mixed with the distraction of giant and oger snatchers.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »

Hm, I bet this would mix very well with the dark dwarves mod for a very dark warlike game.

Also, you did it again.

[ACTIVE_SEASON:FALL] is in minotaur data, should be autumn no?

Agh, stupid me...

(but seriously who says autumn)

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 12:28:40 am »

Wow, this mod is alot of fun  ;D

Like many people on here, i got a lizard man siege first.. in my 2nd or so year. Not since i was a playing my first fortress on vanilla and i got my first goblin siege have i been so unprepared!

My dwarves didn't have proper bedrooms yet, my booze production had just started, and my first planted plump helmets where just getting ready to be picked. I had an anvil, but i hadn't found magma yet (i have a horrible feeling it may not be there at all  :-[ )

My fort consisted of 15 dwarves, and of those only 2 where military. (marksdwarves) Thankfully, I had just finished my rudimentary defenses  when the lizards came, two squads, one squad all with bows, the others wrestlers.

my defenses literally consisted of 2 marksdwarves with bone bolts, fortifications, and 4 retracting spikes, linked up to pressure plates, right outside my doors. (actually it seems my mechanic only had time to link up 3)

I left my doors open till the last moment.. to entice the lizard men into the line of fire of my dwarfs, and onto the traps. They bought it. My marksdwarfs performed well, considering they where only novice, slaying 3 lizards as they approached the gates. The spike traps where the real killers, i hate to admit.

As the lizards surged forward, they triggered the spikes, running onto them, while their comrades behind them triggered the plates as well. 5 impaled lizards later, and they had fled and the siege was won.

I'll upload a picture of the aftermath later.

Here you can see the messy , 'staging area' of my fort. 1 Z level below is the 'industry area', and the one below that hosts the (incomplete) bedrooms, the dining hall, the barracks and food storage. Not all the lizard dead are here, as all bodies where in the process of being dumped.

You can't see it, but i have all my annoying livestock in a pit, underneath two big drawbridges. I label them for slaughter, pull the lever, and they handily drop down a z level, right in front of my butchers shop.

(it seems to be a bit small. clicking on the thumbnail then clicking the image again restores it to full size!)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:43:34 am by mattyb3 »
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2009, 06:54:07 am »

Hehe, I am a bit tired of playing my own mods and I like your layout. I am definitely playing this.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2009, 08:03:14 am »

Currently playing a bastardized version of this mixed with dark dwarves. I have 3 friendly races who trade with me and about a dozen hostile races who try to kill me. Its great fun. Lost twice already.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2009, 02:23:19 pm »

Currently playing a bastardized version of this mixed with dark dwarves. I have 3 friendly races who trade with me and about a dozen hostile races who try to kill me. Its great fun. Lost twice already.
Yeah, since I made almost no actual new entries, it blends pretty well/easily with other mods.  I got it to work with Civ Forge, for example.

New version out soon...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »

A suggestion: place the totally new things in new raw files so they don't require you to overwrite anything if you want to add them to some another mod. It would make it easier to install. Some kind of a modular way to do it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2009, 06:28:56 pm »

A suggestion: place the totally new things in new raw files so they don't require you to overwrite anything if you want to add them to some another mod. It would make it easier to install. Some kind of a modular way to do it :).

There is only one actual 'new' entry though, as far as I can tell. Everything else was just modifying existing critters.
Re: Relentless Assault
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:06 am »

I want to start using this mod, as my fourth fortress in vanilla is just too easy. (Legendary cook preparing lavish meals gives all dwarves constant orgasms, and even when I forget to turn my ballista off at looting time nothing bad happens). What's a good tileset for this one? I've been using mayday's for vanilla, so will I be able to just chuck in the extra tilesets needed?
Re: Relentless Assault
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2009, 12:50:31 am »

Never mind about the graphics, it seems to have worked. I'm embarking in an evil biome with top layer of obsidian, using dark dwarf mod too. This will be messy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22