Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ohmylawd i has country!  (Read 3774 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Ohmylawd i has country!
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:35:08 pm »

NationStates
Quote from: Jayisgames
The real beauty in this game is that it's accessible on so many levels. If you want to be part of the multiplayer aspect, you can join an existing region or create your own. If you'd rather keep to yourself and watch the outcome of the choices you make, that's an option too. Since there is no way to "win", per se, there's freedom in how you run your internal affairs, as well. You can make decisions that reflect your own political views and see which direction that takes the country, or you can be like me and see how difficult you can make life for your citizens. They would probably recommend the former, if I allowed them freedom of speech.

A free game. (Which is always good).
Created by an author in order to co-release it with his new book, Jennifer Government.
I'm not good at descriptions.
Best bet is to look at it.
You can create nations, which are basically clans.
I'll go ahead and create one if people are interested.
Full jayisgames review : Click here
My nation : The Holy Empire of Chukleteethan
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Ohmylawd i has country!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:03:14 pm »

u fool, we must create a DWARVEN nation!
Hello Hunam

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

Ah, yes, Max Barry.  This is far from new, but I've read all his books and they're really fantastic.  I played the game for a while as well, but there's not a particularly wide variety of content and after a while things just start to loop.  Still a good time for a while, at least.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:16:11 pm »

iI have no doubt it'll lose steam, but for now it seems like a nice thing,especially for me as I only have to go on at least twice a day to solve issues.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:59:28 pm »

The game is pretty boring for me. I played it a long time ago, and then I tried out Nationstates 2, which was also not-very-good. I think it's fun for a little while, and then it's just repetitive.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 02:47:39 am »

Yeah, was pretty fun in beginnigm but I kept forgetting about it =P
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=foboslc
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:55:48 am »

Yeah, I was pretty active with NationStates 2. Then I discovered that you were basically doing the same thing several times and got bored of it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »

I put it out there again. If you need anything passed/repealed in the World Assembly, I can help you draft a law that you can propose. You'll have to do all the telegrams though.

Am I the only one that cares about the WA?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 07:42:40 pm »

I played this game in High School (read: 8 years ago) and got tired of it when I started answering the same questions over and over again. One or two of my nation traits would always be at an unacceptable level and I could never quite tweak it the way I wanted it.

But I made a new one for shits and giggles:
http://www.nationstates.net/fingdragons

"We're Fing DRAGONS!"

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 10:29:12 pm »

Bay 12 / Dwarven Region anyone?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 01:45:40 am »

I'm quite sure we had one at some point in the past, but now I can't find it with search.  Must have been in the "other nonsense" forum before Toady deleted it.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 11:46:46 am »

I found the thread, altough it's six pages.

I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 11:54:45 am »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:55:28 am »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 06:39:32 pm »

You know what? Since you guys hate elves, I'll draft an anti-elf WA resolution. Cuz I'm bored.

NOTING terrorism is a plague that harms the international community,

BELIEVING that terrorism is caused by the rise of major political organizations that either covertly or overtly promote violence against political opponents,

DECLARING that that the international community must act in order to stop terrorism by dealing with these organizations,

The World Assembly hereby:

DEFINES for the purpose of this resolution
(a)terrorism as "the use of extreme fear in order to coerce people for political reasons",
(b)organization as "a social arrangement that pursues collective goals"
(c)terrorist-promoting organization as "an organization that either covertly or overtly promotes terrorism"

ESTABLISHES the Commission on Terrorism and grants it the power to determine if any organization is an "terrorist-promoting organization",

BANS all terrorist-promoting organizations,

GRANTS memberstates the right to intervene in any country where a terrorist-promoting organization is operating in.

There. Still any interest in the WA?
Pages: [1] 2