Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Chase through Darkforest: Siege: Over. And only turn 8!  (Read 8997 times)

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Did you really think it would be all over by turn 4?
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »

Applaud Reed

Shoot at the first rebel I see.

Also punch the dual wielders because it only works in Hollywood children's tales.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 01:20:22 pm »

Using the handles I set up a small fire and start throwing burning stuff at the siege tower.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 01:37:12 pm »

Do my prevous action and chop of one of rashiluls fingers if he even dares to punch me

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 01:49:51 pm »

Do my previous action and chop of one of rashiluls fingers if he even dares to punch me
What? No need to get hostile over some advice that will save your life and a punch on the shoulder.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 02:02:34 pm »

i dont trust frogs
but maybe it will work?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Decapitation=1 spot open. It's Turn 5, by the way.
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:35 am »

My word, ain't I popular, 25% of readers who consider this worthy of commentary are not even in the game!
No infighting unless you really consider it necessary, everyone. Dual wielding short swords will carry neither bonus nor penalty.

Unless there is a chance of me duel-wielding halberds, I'll go with two swords. As for my action, I lead by action, so I jump onto the top floor of the siege tower and poke the nearest man full of holes.
You move forwards to the edge of the room. But before you can get ready jump, however, you look down. It's quite the drop, and you realise you have a slight fear of heights. You back away from the edge.

Create an ingenious plan, using a rope, a piece of metal bent to look like a paperclip, and my knife, to trip the rebels as they charge out of the tower.
Then change my name to MacGyver.
You grab some things and set to work. Your plan is brilliant, but it will take a while to make.

Using the handles I set up a small fire and start throwing burning stuff at the siege tower.
You spend some time trying to light a fire. Eventually, you manage to get a spark to some torn up cloth and it catches. Quite fiercely. And it includes your clothes. You roll on the ground screaming and burning until your clothes crumble and the fire goes out. You have sustained a moderate wound (full-body burns). It is a good thing that you have a layer of watery blubber all around your body, as without it you would surely have suffered much more. Although you are pretty thirsty now.

i have 1 sword?
pick up a sword of the dead rebels and stand ready to fight
You mentally and physically prepare yourself for the glorious hack-fest to come.

I'll hold my crossbow aimed at the drawbridge, and fire at the rebels inside when it drops.
You point your crossbow. The tower rolls forwards. Then you hear battle cries from within the tower, and the drawbridge crashes down. Four rebel soldiers immediately charge across it. Three are armed with short swords, one with what looks like a normal woodcutting axe. In the tower is a rebel wielding a drawn shortbow.
You fire your crossbow at a sword-wielding soldier. It hits him in the chest, and he takes a second to break of the shaft before charging on.

Shoot at the first rebel I see.
You aim your crossbow. As soon as you see a rebel head, before the drawbridge has even fallen down all the way, you fire. The bolt strikes a sword wielding rebel in the chest. He stumbles in pain, and down he goes. Waaay down.

Quote from: Rebels
Practice flower arranging Attack!
B1The rebel in the tower lets fly an arrow. It hits Hywel in the left armtacle. (Moderate wound)
S3A rebel charge at Dragnar who is still busy messing about with stuff. Dragnar looks up to see a sword coming at him at neck height. The rebel chops his head off in a single fluid motion. 
A1The axe-wielding rebel charges at Grindar, who eagerly joins him in battle. Grindar catches a swing of the axe on one sword, and strikes at the rebel with the other. It glances off the rebel's armour, however, and combat resumes, no blood spilt. 
S1The wounded soldier runs forward half-heartedly, and attacks Reed. Reed, though shaken, easily parries his blows, and gives the rebel another nasty wound to worry about, cutting a huge gash in his face. 

Status report: Four rebel soldiers to deal with; one archer, one axewielder, and two sword wielders. One of the short sword wielders has two moderate wounds (bolt in chest & gash in face).
Alfie has suffered a moderate wounds worth of burns.
Hywel has a moderate wound (arrow)
Dragnar is dead. Very dead.
Applicant for his replacement, please. Require serious name and speciality (see above) Replacement will join later (exact time unknown). Or not at all if the survivors screw up so bad that they have to go back to turn 4.
If there are no other applicants in 24 hours, dragnar can rejoin as someone else.
Long Live United Forenia!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 07:19:35 am »

Poor Dragnar. My turn!

Vidar, medic, at your service.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 07:25:10 am »

Shoot the archer!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23:10 am »

aww :'(

Oh well, can't argue with the dice.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:18 am »

I cut the idiot who attacked me in half. I then stab his face while shouting more random gibberish to scare the other side.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:36 am »

Start hacking in arms or legs. if i get the oppurtinity stab him in his heard or head

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 11:24:15 am »

Shoot yet another bolt.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Woo turn 5 woo.
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2009, 03:51:43 am »

aww :'(

Oh well, can't argue with the dice.

I'll avenge you. Unless your teammates do so first.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Alfie get in here dammit it is turn 5 already.
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2009, 01:34:27 pm »

Enter martial trance.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: One one one... For the rebels. Turn 6!
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:22 am »

I cut the idiot who attacked me in half. I then stab his face while shouting more random gibberish to scare the other side.
You fight on, but your heart is not really in it. You spout some totally radical gibberish, though.
"Bameke locucam acatog ragiedi pase! Bameke locucam!"
The rebel, though covered in blood and wheezing oddly, manages to block most of your blows. Nevertheless, you score a small cut in his right armtacle.

Start hacking in arms or legs. if i get the oppurtinity stab him in his heard or head
You and the rebel fight on. You have the upper hand. You knock the axe away for long enough to slice his left armtacle.

Enter martial trance.
The pain is neither helpful nor detractive to your trancing attempts. You focus for a while, and maybe you feel a little hatred towards the rebels... then again, they are trying to kill you, so of course you do.

Shoot the archer!
You try to reload your crossbow, but you keep messing up. After a few tries you give up and draw your sword.

Shoot yet another bolt.
You clench your teeth against the pain and fire. The bolt strikes the bow-wielding archer in the face. He blinks rapidly for a second, and then falls down.

Quote from: Rebels
Attack!
S3The rebel who decapitated dragnar charges at Nirur. Before he can reach him, he stumbles over a piece of rubble and falls flat on his face Before he can get up, nirur hacks into his left armtacle. The cursing rebel jumps up, and they cross swords.
A1The axe wielding rebel takes a huge swing at grindar. At the height of the swing (which grindar dodges), there is a *crack*, and several things happen at once. The rebel starts screaming in pain; a piece of bone flicks out of the wound on his left armtacle, and he drops his axe. Grindar takes the opportunity to stab him through the heart. The tip of the blade actually pokes out the other side!
S1The wounded rebel falls unconscious. Blood loss, probably. Reed ends his life for him.

Well, that went well.
There is one live rebel left; he is fighting Nirur and has a moderate wound.

Note: The tower: It appears that only the outside of the tower has been painted white; within, you can see that it is mostly wooden planks. There is a ladder leading down through a hatch. You can hear ladder-climby noises from far below.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6