Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Chase through Darkforest: Siege: Over. And only turn 8!  (Read 9021 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Body count (fluff+game): 38. Also it is turn 3.
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:27 am »

I make a scissor-motion, and chop the head off of my opponent.
You attack the rebel with both blades. You hack both into his neck. You don't manage to decapitate him, however.

I focus on defending myself until one of my companions is able to relieve me. Remember: Don't let the only healer die.
You switch to a more defensive stance, calling for someone to give you a hand.

Keep fighting!
You attack the rebel who threw his sword away. You laugh as he waves his metal bar at you. You swing your sword. He swings his bar.
The bar wins.

Your sword goes flying out of your hand, and the rebel swings at you with his bar.
he hits your armour with a weak blow. It tickles. You kick him in response, but just stub your toetacles.

Start spinning around like a tornado with my blade trying to slice him open (The Spinning lotus attack)
and also make a war cry to scare them shitless

I say, old chap. Do you know what Serious Business means? It means that this 'attack' will only get you dizzy. For clarity, you are not a ninja. You are an average soldier. As a dueller you are slightly better at sword fighting than your fellow soldiers.
You yell at the rebels, but they are all beyond fear.
You attack the rebel fighting with Nirur. He fights both of you without trouble. However you do a little fancy blade work and whilst his eyes are still spinning you stab him in the face.

I use the blood of my kill to make marks on my face then attempt to go into a martial trance.
You make silly lines on your face with blood, giggling madly. Then you look angrily at your opponent. He is unfazed.

Shoot more bolts at um.
You reload your crossbow and fire at the rebel attacking alfie whilst he is distracted by alfie's silly buggering. The bolt glances of his left armtacle, leaving a small cut.

Quote from: Rebel soldiers
Attack!
R3Alfie and the rebel fight on. Alfie has the upper hand, just. The rebel strikes and misses, leaving himself vulnerable to a counter-attack. But as Alfie swings at him, the rebel suddenly recovers, knocks his sword away, and strikes again. This time making two small cuts in alfie's face. Oh the irony.
R5The bar wielding rebel decides to throw his bar at dragnar. Dragnar catches it.

Status report: There are two upright rebels. R3 has a minor wound. R5 in unarmed. Dragnar has a minor wound and is armed with a metal bar. Alfie has two minor wounds. Nirur Torir has a moderate wound and a minor wound.
Long Live United Forenia!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 07:40:58 am »

As I cut the nearest opponent to ribbons, go into a long-winded speech about the history of our race, and our nation.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41:06 am »

"Thanks for the help. I'll attend to your wounds a bit later."
I attend to my own wounds.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:33 am »

I stab my foe in the eyes then grab my sword.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 12:48:32 pm »

Stab the 2 swords into a guy(enemy) and then slice them sidewards

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:48 pm »

Shoot more bolts and give Jetsquirrel the fingertacle for trying stupid moves that only work in Hollywood children's tales.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 03:22:38 pm »

:( i will master those moves! even if i have to slay armok!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:19 pm »

I look forward to the impeeding epic fail. Nice writing so far!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Darkfort: Did you really think it would be all over by turn 4?
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 07:35:00 am »

As I cut the nearest opponent to ribbons, go into a long-winded speech about the history of our race, and our nation.
Ah, to talk about useless and commonly-known facts whilst fighting for your life! You sheath your own sword and casually swing the rebel sword about as you begin a long and useless monologue.

"We, as a species, belong to the grouping of animals known as tentacloids. Other groupings include mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, and fish. Tentacloids have spread over much of the earth as the naturally dominant group due to their ability to control the mysterious forces of magic in greater or lesser amounts. Tentacloids include both prey and predator, and can be found anywhere there is sufficient water, including the sea.
We, humanity, have the least natural magical ability of all tentacloids, with some being capable of weak regenerative magic, and a few rare individuals capable of weak feats in other forms (In contrast to the Kraken, the largest tentacloid known to exist, which can use magic to control the weather in a large area). Unique among all animals, however, we have intelligence, allowing us to employ our limited magical powers in ingenious ways, thus making up for our weakness. Of course, we are also capable of crafting advanced tools and weaponry to aid us."

I stab my foe in the eyes then grab my sword.
You grab your dagger (of course you have a dagger) and lunge at the rebel. You neatly cut out both his eyes. The rebel screams in pain, and flounders around uselessly, blood streaming from his empty sockets. You grab your sword and put him out of his misery.

Meanwhile Reed rambles on. "I don't know much of our ancient history, only that, a long time ago, tribal people began to gather into small cities. They were still pretty backwards then, until, about 900 years ago, when a fearsome warlord started conquering neighbouring cities. In face of this threat, cities with similair cultures banded together against him, and so nations were formed. They were small and warlike, and thanks to that, technology and magic advanced in leaps and bounds as men sought new ways to kill others and protect themselves."

Stab the 2 swords into a guy(enemy) and then slice them sidewards
You only have one sword, but what the hey. You really feel like doing something fancy, so you attack the rebel fighting with alfie. You easily dance around the demoralised rebel, do a little spinning jump, and bring your sword down in an arc that cuts him in half from his right shoulder to his left hip. There is some polite applause from off-stage.

Reed continues to ramble on. "The Empire of Darkfort began life about 400 years ago, when the glorious empreror N'migghot raised an army from the population of Darkforest (Darkfort not existing in those days as more than a small port town). He used both reason and tactics to win over Darkforest's neighbours to his cause, and by the time he was to old to fight anymore, he had united the entire sub-continent. He then returned to Darkforest, where he built the foundations of Darkfort, and then he declared the laws of the empire, which we still use with some minor variations today. They are too many and to boring to mention, of course. When the emperor died or retired, The Dark Council (a body of men of influence, who's members are chosen by the Dark Council itself) would elect, from the relatives of the previous emperor, a new emperor. N'migghot retired at 67, and his son Shommogo was elected the new emperor. Shommogo reinforced the borders of the empire, building a castle at every pass through the mountains, and several large, fortified bridges at the western river. He set up barons in charge of the various provinces, and did much work to make the empire lawful. His cousin thingymagig basically did nothing, just improving trade and stuff. Oh, one time he invaded the western countries to stop them raiding across the river. Since then there have been a few other rulers, a few more wars, but basically the Empire of Darkfort has retained its borders as a single, unified nation since then. Until a year ago, of course."
Reed realises all the rebels are dead. Everyone looks around, and, it would appear, Reed is the only corporal, so you look to him for instructions. Reed shrugs.
You put all the corpses into a corner. Nirur Torir heals up the minor wounds and stops the bleeding of those above his skill. Everyone gets their equipment in order, and then waits. You can hear the battle going on outside, but hey, someone has to guard the gate. After a while you hear someone- several someones- running towards you. You get ready to fight.
The door opens, and you see that it is not a rebel. Indeed, it is a high-ranking officer and some elite guards. He sees you.
"Weapons down, soldiers. Well done on recapturing the gate. We are stretched thin, and some rebels got through. If you hadn't stopped them we'd probably be dead- the rebels are pounding on the gate below, and there are only a few dozen men standing behind it. They wouldn't last for an instant if the rebels could get through.
Anyway, you stay here and guard the doors. We can only expect more attacks on the gate- the rebels have destroyed the front gate completely, and they are bringing siege towers through. Big ones. We've got the ballistas manned, but those towers are strong, and when they reach the wall, well, things won't look good. My medics will patch you up, but we have to move on- there are rebels everywhere. You can hold this place, right? Just stand by the doors and hack em up as they come in."
The promised medics patch up all wounds, and one of them gives Nirur an healing stone (instantly heals all moderate and minor wounds on anyone(one use only)). Then they run out the other door.
Well then.
You all shove another bar into the other gear, remove all the handles from the central wheel, and then take up positions by the doors. You stand there, waiting, for a while. Just as you are considering sending someone out to see how the battle is going, you hear a whistling noise. Then the outward-facing wall shakes, and you see cracks appear across it. Another whistling, another rumble, and pieces of the wall start to fall out. You all back against the fortunately completely solid side walls. One final whistling, and the outwards wall explodes, and a huge, glowing metal ball flies across the room and strikes the opposite wall, leaving a nice dent. Huge clouds of dust fill the room and you cover your eyes to avoid getting particles of rock in them. Eventually the sound of crashing rubble stops, and the dust begins to settle.
The outwards wall has been torn open, along with part of the roof. Slightly left of center is a gap wide enough for four men to walk through at once. Huge pieces of masonry litter the floor. The guilty cannonball has rolled against part of the roof. You wonder why the cannons have stopped. Cannons are expensive business. Each shot, it is said, costs as much as the equipment and training for a dozen soldiers. So why fire three shots at one part of the gate and then stop?
The answer, you guess, is the gleaming white siege tower that is coming straight towards you. With surprising speed.
A blur strikes the siege tower from one of the towers, leaving nothing but a small crack in it's side. Another hits it, to an equally useless result.
Well then. You six against a siege tower full of rebels.
Joy.
The tower draws closer and closer. You do nothing but watch. Eventually it has but a few seconds to go before the drawbridge will be close enough to drop down and unleash the rebels within.
You get ready to act.

Don't let them open the gate.
Notes:
-Actually moving a siegetower full of soldiers= pretty hard. There will probably be a few soldiers on the top floor who are just there to keep the tower safe. Most of the soldiers will have to climb up.
-There is an auto-save function. If you screw up real bad, we'll turn back the clock to when you were doing fine
-Yes yes they are called humans. But let us face it human is not really a name. In my linguistic system all species call themselves humans and call us homo sapiens. Or a more snappy name if they can think of one.
-If you really want to use two swords at this point say so because you have had the time to grab all the swords you want. Or grab any other weapon. Whatever.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 07:45:10 am »

I'll hold my crossbow aimed at the drawbridge, and fire at the rebels inside when it drops.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:56 am »

Unless there is a chance of me duel-wielding halberds, I'll go with two swords. As for my action, I lead by action, so I jump onto the top floor of the siege tower and poke the nearest man full of holes.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 08:11:25 am »

i have 1 sword?

pick up a sword of the dead rebels and stand ready to fight

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 08:30:27 am »

-If you really want to use two swords at this point say so because you have had the time to grab all the swords you want. Or grab any other weapon. Whatever.
i have 1 sword?

pick up a sword of the dead rebels and stand ready to fight
You just had, say, 15 minutes to grab all the swords you like. Or daggers. Or metal bars. And you can reload your crossbow. You can only grab the weapons lying around, so no halberds, sorry. Also as far as I know a halberd is a pretty two-handed weapon so um what.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 10:52:37 am »

Create an ingenious plan, using a rope, a piece of metal bent to look like a paperclip, and my knife, to trip the rebels as they charge out of the tower.
Then change my name to MacGyver.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 12:23:38 pm »

I am reading with interest.
You made me laugh with the handtacles and fingertacles and such.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6