Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d # Tweak (without version switching) please?  (Read 499 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
40d # Tweak (without version switching) please?
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:06:09 pm »

I like to have a few mods at hand.  Some of these mods are incompatable.  So I have multiple dwarf fortress folders to begin with.  Having an extra 40d (standard) for each of these is both tedious and a waste of space for me.  I'd like to just simply be able to use tweak's reveal on my current version of DF (40d13), rather than go through the mucking about with moving files and so on.

Edit:  I want this so that I can look at where aquifer tiles are in a recent fort.  I have no stone, so making pumps to breach it would be terribly tricky.  And visualfortress doesn't tell me which tiles have aquifers.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:27:52 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: 40d # Tweak (without version switching) please?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:41:14 pm »

I'm not sure it's possible.

The author of Tweak didn't release the source code, so he's the only one who can update it.  And he's apparently lost interest in DF.

I was able to get standalone Reveal to work, but that's because it's such a small program.  Tweak, with all its modules, looks near impossible to me.

Anyway, go to the DFFD and download Reveal2.  It should show you where the aquifer is.

The way to do it is to save and exit if necessary, then start DF, load your fort, run Reveal2, look around, then kill DF via the Ctrl-Alt-Delete Task Manager.  Since you're not letting the fort run, killing DF is safe.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: 40d # Tweak (without version switching) please?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:02:32 pm »

Ah, thanks.  That'll do.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember