Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh  (Read 1866 times)

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 05:39:18 pm »

Some elven traders recently blew in, I accidentally traded one of my wood items. They got mad and ran off, only to trigger a goblin ambush and get slaughtered. I send my soldiers and kill the goblins of course, then got all the loot. That's karma ya freaking elves.

Danish

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »

It seems with every fort I get, my dwarves take odd priorities over making things out of stone and wood.
Every time this happens, my hunter has often killed everything on the map, so I tell him to be a Mason/Carpenter
And every time I do this, not long after he gets stricken by a strange mood and makes a cabinet.
Why do my hunters keep making legendary cabinets?
Clearly he had a sobriety problem

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:53 pm »

It seems with every fort I get, my dwarves take odd priorities over making things out of stone and wood.
Every time this happens, my hunter has often killed everything on the map, so I tell him to be a Mason/Carpenter
And every time I do this, not long after he gets stricken by a strange mood and makes a cabinet.
Why do my hunters keep making legendary cabinets?
Lots more animals to hunt in Narnia?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Tryptic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 07:14:14 pm »

I was playing on the "Huge Waterfall" Map by Ironhands(?) - guy with the llama icon. 

I get the "You have discovered a magma pipe" but it didn't show up on my map, like it's supposed to.  So I dug a stairway upwards, hoping to run another shaft to make it appear....  when I manage to drill directly INTO the magma pipe, from below.

The magma pours down, and my miner survives.  But before he could wall it up, the magma chases him down the hallway and over the bridge.
Then, it begins to pour over the sides of the bridge and into the smaller river.  And then it started to spread.  At this moment, the smaller tributary is half dammed, and the larger river is getting a nice chunk turned into magma.
This map rocks.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »

I made a floor that was one tile wide partway across a river valley. I decided it was pointless, so I designated it to be deconstructed. Suddenly, all my dwarves grab a drink at the food stockpile and rush to be on top of it. The only tile protecting the bridge from falling is removed and all but 2 of my dwarves fall down many z levels and die. I paused it while they were falling and yes, they were still drinking. 
How dwarvish.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Rozenbuddy

• Bay Watcher
  • High on Caffine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 08:00:52 am »

I "found" dead goblins and they had troll leather clothes...

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 11:04:46 am »

I had made an area with alternating grates and floor, around a waterfall.  I decided that I did not need so many rows of grates and started directing the Dwarves to remove the ones farthest from the waterfall.  After the first one fell two stories and broke his arm because he was standing on a grating someone else was removing, I figured out I had to have them removed in two sets of every other grating.

Everything was going fine and then I got the message that someone had stopped destroying a building to seek her infant.  I rushed over and saw a fresh splatter of blood two levels down.  Fearing the worst, I looked at the mother, who had given birth to twins not along ago.  She had dropped BOTH of them down a hole in order to remove a grating.  They only had grey damage, which had already healed by the time I had finished looking up the severity of that color.  Now we know just how tough Dwarven babies are: you can drop them two stories and they just get a little scrape that heals in no time at all.

Edit: She just gave birth again.  She now has five children, three of them babes-in-arms.  Heaven only knows how she is carrying all three, since she had to drop two to pick up a grating.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:22:51 pm by slink »
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 04:09:31 pm »

Edit: She just gave birth again.  She now has five children, three of them babes-in-arms.  Heaven only knows how she is carrying all three, since she had to drop two to pick up a grating.
If they're tough enough to handle a two-floor drop, maybe they're strong enough to carry each other.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Dwarf fort 27

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobles........those basterds
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 05:39:05 pm »

I started a new fort wanted to start a mass farming buisness to roll in the dwarf bucks, started outside while my fort was being mined out, was doin pretty well untill..... FIRE FROM THE EAST!!!! dwarfs were running around on fire setting everything else good and sweet to blaze i lost just about everything that day exept for a rock and a leather shirt
"Dwarf Fortress" ... "Like chess, only with short people that can catch on fire like rags soaked in tar, and lots of booze." ... "Like chess." 

- dwarf fortress wiki
Pages: 1 [2]