Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lone Wolves  (Read 5841 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lone Wolves
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 05:22:09 pm »

Well, people over here didnt feel terror, at all. Maybe the poor copper that found the toilet roll, maybe the guy from the bomb squad. But that was it.

And yeah, you're right, you did NOT quote me incorrectly, that was my mistake.

But I didnt mean to start any argument, I was just telling you all a pretty fun story to which you reacted with zomg terrorism. (probably my fault by posting htis in a thread which actually discusses terrorism...) But we all seriously found this to be pretty funny over here.

If you want something about an austrian lone wolf terrorist you can get all worked up over, try "Franz Fuchs". Nobody is rooting for that guy. Correction: Nobody you would want to spend some quality time with, at least.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 05:34:44 pm by Puck »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:53 pm »

We're all stupid guys!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 08:09:59 pm »

Except for like, Vester and Sofia, and definitely a couple of others I can't name off of the top of my head, who are stupid girls.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:41 pm »

You forgot Sappho!
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:37 pm »

You forgot Sappho!
Cool. It's not like I pay attention.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:22 pm »

I just re-read this topic, and I just realized; this thread was posted just a few weeks before Fort Hood.

Since it is likely that the Fort Hood shooter will plea "not guilty by reason of insanity", Aqizzar may sleep soundly, knowing that his belief of lone wolfism being connected to mental insanity has gained some new evidence.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »

Since it is likely that the Fort Hood shooter will plea "not guilty by reason of insanity", Aqizzar may sleep soundly, knowing that his belief of lone wolfism being connected to mental insanity has gained some new evidence.

Don't I feel special.  Yes, I can sleep soundly know that there's crazy gunmen with irrational agendas plotting random, indiscriminate violence all around me and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.  Soundly.

Having a nice archive binge, were we?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 08:27:10 pm »

Pretty much.

Lone Wolf terrorism has also started up again in 2010, with the 2010 Austin terrorist attack. Maybe I should make a list of all lone wolf terrorist attacks, so nobody could say, "The United States never had a successful terrorist attack since 9/11."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »

well if your going to broden your definition of terrorist attacks like that then you'd probably find at least one a year in the majority of european countries aswell. Plenty of people firbombing corporate HQ's and the like.
Magma is overrated.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 08:41:08 pm »

Britain actually has one or two terrorist attacks a week in Northern Ireland, but we generally try to starve them of publicity.  There might be some interesting stuff to look up there.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »

Doesn't matter if the bloody Ft. Hood shooter is insane. UCMJ says he gets life at the best. Several lifes, actually ( I think that I counted it at 15, but that was a long time ago).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 10:29:23 pm »

Nobody's arguing otherwise Strife.  Crazy or not, the guy knowingly and premeditatedly killed a few dozen people.  He'll get the harshest punishments a Texan commandant can imagine.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »

On the question of why are lone wolves prosecuted and made less of than organized terrorism...if you want a cynical answer, it's because one makes a good national boogeyman we can rally against.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 01:07:36 am »

It's also less dangerous. As a general rule, single deranged individuals are less of a threat than larger, organized terrorist networks
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 01:32:34 am »

It's also less dangerous. As a general rule, single deranged individuals are less of a threat than larger, organized terrorist networks

Also much harder to catch, since no communication and no need for trusting others means you leave much less of a trace.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4