Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721347 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2355 on: January 23, 2010, 02:59:59 am »

yeah, I got flarechannel, but was dissapointed in two areas:

1: stonesense does not have all the colorful colors just yet (at least not my copy. there might be packs)

2: that's an early save without many of the projects done :(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: January 23, 2010, 05:32:31 am »

OK, a quick search was not good enough, is there anybody describing a setup of SVN (please?) for this? :) I want those furniture and materials for walls to be displayed.

There are compiling notes... er... in the SVN... but you can get to them directly:

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/trunk/ON%20COMPILING.txt

If this isnt enough to get you set up, let me know so I can add more details.

MinGW is what I use, so that's what has the most documentation 8-)

Thanks for that. I didn't look into MinGW, I am a general newbie with any "advanced" soft unless I really need it (and then I spend half an hour reading documentation and forums etc. to get it to work :P) thus i use a very easy-to-use TortoiseSVN, I've got the checkout and now I will try to follow other instructions.

I think you should pin a link to this document in the original post, it's really useful.

// Revision 1
OK Now I feel like a real newb, I thought that MinGW is some kind of a svn client, but it's a port of the GNU compiler for win :). Ignore everything above hehe.

// Revision 2
Should i add "DFProcessEnumerator-windows.cpp" and "DFProcess-windows.cpp" in CMakeLists too? I mean, because I use windows?

// Revision 3
Why is there contributions.txt in cmakelists.txt? Shouldn't there be CPP files only?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:17:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 23, 2010, 05:53:17 am »

I've got a following error:
Code: [Select]
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error: your RC compiler: "windres" was not found. Please set CMAKE_RC_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Configuration incomplete, errors occured!

// Revision 1
  • I've found that there's a wizard mode for cmake (-i) and CMAKE_RC_COMPILER variable is "windres"... Where do I get this thing? It's some kind of resource compiler, right?
  • some path variables were C:/Progra~1/MinGW/ and I think they were broken... There's nothing about it in your manual, is it normal? I've changed them.
  • How to effectively clear the cmake cache? because it wants to compile binaries to the old place when I moved a folder.

Sorry for multiple questions, I am a real newbie :).

// Revision 2
Let me try to answer my third question... I've checked various things in wizard mode... Should I type:
SET(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH *new path*)
?

// Revision 3
Still I get an error with "windres". what did I do wrong ? :P

// Revision 4
I've figured out where's my windres.exe (C:/Program Files/MinGW/Bin/windres.exe), how to set up the CMAKE_RC_COMPILER variable? Is there a file with a list of variable definitions?

// Revision 5
I was able to change the variable but the new error is "mingw32-make.exe is not a win32 command", and there's no mingw32-make.exe file in D:/Program Files/Stonesense/Build/ directory.

The output of the previous command (cmake .. ***) was:
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: D:/Program Files/Stonesense/build

The problem is that the last command is not working and i don't see any new "build files" but "Makefile" file only (without an extension).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:44:57 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 23, 2010, 07:05:04 am »

OK, another post from a newbie Deon :P.
I've found that I have this file, I just didn't set up environment variables properly.
I've set PATH to C:/Program Files/MinGW/Bin in "My computer"->"Environmental variables" and this worked.

Now I get another error :P

Which build tool should I use?

Also, looking at that error, it looks for specific files in /Cmakefiles/ where they are not present (but they are in /build-real/).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:28:18 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: January 23, 2010, 08:44:21 am »

Nothing is ever as easy as it ought to be 8-)

Hadn't noticed the windres thing - thats for the sprite, which is newer than the compilation instructions... Before it was just cmake and mingw-make, so you could just call them with absolute paths...

Hmm. I think it should work out OK if you set up all the paths for MinGW before you do the initial CMAKE step. From your last error, it looks like your initial CMake was aiming for a MSVS build, so wont be compatible with the MinGW stuff...

It might be easiest to clean out the junk in the build directory and start over...

Edit: OK, I have tweaked the instructions a bit so they should now reflect what you need to do with paths a bit better
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:02:14 am by kaypy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 23, 2010, 09:52:52 am »

Yeah I guessed that it's looking for MSVS, I will look at your changes when I return home (soon), I hope it works this way. If you wonder, my initial CMake was installed by default from the link you provided :).

I wonder how should I configure CMake to use mingw instead of msvs... Oh well, let's check your instructions first, then ask. ;)

If something goes wrong, I will ask, ok? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 23, 2010, 11:14:34 am »

Yeah I guessed that it's looking for MSVS, I will look at your changes when I return home (soon), I hope it works this way. If you wonder, my initial CMake was installed by default from the link you provided :).
I think it was a side effect of the windres problems, so hopefully it should go smoothly this time (I did a clean checkout and run through myself, so with any luck...)
If something goes wrong, I will ask, ok? :)
Sure. Enough questions and eventually I might get the instructions to work for everyone 8-)

Oh, and from earlier:
Should i add "DFProcessEnumerator-windows.cpp" and "DFProcess-windows.cpp" in CMakeLists too? I mean, because I use windows?
Why is there contributions.txt in cmakelists.txt? Shouldn't there be CPP files only?
Ideally you shouldnt need to do anything to the Cmakelists.txt. The bit about adding to the Cmakelists is mainly if things go wrong. Hmm. I should really move it to a 'troubleshooting' section or something.

Of course, it turns out that the CMakelists *was* in fact out of date, but I have a new version in there now if you update your checkout (assuming you are building the items branch)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:27 pm »

And adding those two files brought up an error that they're mentioned twice (thus mentioned elsewhere) so they are not needed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 23, 2010, 02:17:11 pm »

1: stonesense does not have all the colorful colors just yet (at least not my copy. there might be packs)

Ahh, I didn't anyone was waiting on an updated save. I'm currently finishing off my above-ground constructions, and several projects are pretty close to completion. I can try to focus on those for a few days and finish them if it would help. Having stone colors would be pretty nice though... is it something I could help with (i.e., easy even if time consuming)?

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 23, 2010, 08:26:11 pm »

And adding those two files brought up an error that they're mentioned twice (thus mentioned elsewhere) so they are not needed.
Yep. So did the build work this time?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 24, 2010, 12:09:36 am »

Ahh, I didn't anyone was waiting on an updated save. I'm currently finishing off my above-ground constructions, and several projects are pretty close to completion. I can try to focus on those for a few days and finish them if it would help. Having stone colors would be pretty nice though... is it something I could help with (i.e., easy even if time consuming)?

pretty much just need lots of sprites.

once sprites are done, it's just a matter of editing a bunch of xml files.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:49 pm »

Anyone remember Dark Tundra's problem way back when? About the background color not working right on some sprites?
Spoiler: reminder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well I just got it too, after some editing the whole sprite sheet does it.  Background is magenta(255,0,255), I don't even know how to use alpha so I doubt I have that on.

Fortunately I have a backup, but I have no idea what caused this.  Using Gimp.  All I did was add sprites for Wrestlers, Elite Wrestlers, Champions and added a number to a convenient blank spot for an easier time remembering sprite index locations.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 25, 2010, 07:57:03 pm »

Maybe posting the edited version would help?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:04 pm »

Er...Yea, I knew that...  Will in one sec.

Spoiler: spritesheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: xml (click to show/hide)

[subliminal]This edit never happened. I remembered to put in the spritesheet and xml up above.  You do not see this.[/subliminal]

Edit # 6 Managed to just paste the new stuff into another copy of my backup and saved it into the stonesense creature directory, and that worked fine.  So I have it working.  But I still have no idea what caused it to mess up.   Maybe something to do with the addition of the number is all I can think of.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:20:27 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 25, 2010, 09:45:46 pm »

Well I just got it too, after some editing the whole sprite sheet does it.  Background is magenta(255,0,255), I don't even know how to use alpha so I inevitably have it on without knowing it.
Fixed that for ya.

Use the flatten image command. I'm surprised you got non-updating stuff rather than swathes of pink everywhere, though...
Fortunately I have a backup, but I have no idea what caused this.  Using Gimp.  All I did was add sprites for Wrestlers, Elite Wrestlers, Champions and added a number to a convenient blank spot for an easier time remembering sprite index locations.
Yeah adding any text would invoke the dread alpha.

Oh, by the way, try hitting F10 a few times while stonesense is running. You might find it easier than adding numbers to your images 8-)
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 379