Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1704817 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1845 on: December 03, 2009, 03:45:26 pm »

If DF ever gets much support for sound/music triggers, I am so putting together a Lode Runner: The Legend Returns music pack.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 03, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »

I could put together a Total Annihilation music track... The fast combat tracks would likely be of little use even in sieges, but all intermediate and some of the slow tracks would definetly fit.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 03, 2009, 04:42:49 pm »

How has this thread gotten to over 120 pages and no one has bothered to draw a barrel the number one object in almost every fortress.   :D
There have actually been a few barrels drawn, but only as parts of various workshops- most notably the still, of course.

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 03, 2009, 05:20:22 pm »

Since everyone is pitching songs. I've always found this song excellent for DF. Just my pence.

Anyway, everyone making the sprites here completely rocks. If they were all compiled into different sets I'd use them all at one point or another. Keep going!

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 03, 2009, 06:00:52 pm »

Updated the documentation for how to turn a bunch of creature images into sprites actually used by Stonesense
http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/wiki/AddingCreatures

Edit: Oops. Got a bit ahead of myself and wound up documenting how the *next* version will work. Sorry. Still useful to have though.

More Edit: Reinstated the previous text as well, since thats... not much more accurate for A4, but better
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 06:26:59 pm by kaypy »

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 03, 2009, 06:57:32 pm »

When you play your songs, do you turn them into OGGs via Audacity, or just put them on loop in Media Player?

The first one is less system intensive. >.>

soup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:25 pm »

In the meantime:

NOW I see why the dwarf looks wrong- it's got a "realistic"-feeling style and the legs are nowhere near long enough(-like there are no knees, but there's room for them)

I think the walking animation is fine, what I did notice though is that the torso is too long for a dwarf, I fixed it real quick to show the difference.

gilrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 03, 2009, 09:50:47 pm »

http://sites.google.com/site/kerjigger/CBrun.mp3

What do you guys think of this (unfinished) piece?
I have a pretty powerful bass system so it sounds okay to me, but if your system is a little weak it might sound a little nonexistant, and I might need to add another instrument. I was sorta going for an industrial vibe here; perhaps this would be the default music if your fortress has a heavy metal industry?

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1853 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:34 pm »

I have a pretty powerful bass system so it sounds okay to me, but if your system is a little weak it might sound a little nonexistant, and I might need to add another instrument. I was sorta going for an industrial vibe here; perhaps this would be the default music if your fortress has a heavy metal industry?

Something about the minimalism just grabs me outright; I think if you could find the right instrument to go along with it, though, it could really shine. And if you're thinking about doing more like this (I hope you do) I recommend you make your own thread for it; I'd like to keep track of your work, myself.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Velrio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 03, 2009, 10:32:37 pm »

Wow. I'll just ask this since I don't want to search the whole thread and there's no mention of it in the readme file.
Is there any way to run DF and SS side by side without having 2 monitors? I know about the mini version you can use for DF, but I wanted larger. Next I'm running stone sense, but it isn't keeping up with DF. Like every time I unpause DF - SS doesn't pick up and go with it and update live. I've seen the video on youtube with both running live next to each other so what gives?

Thanks.

soup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 03, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »

I love it so far, great composition. I do think another instrument is needed though, perhaps in the 2nd looping...

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 03, 2009, 10:46:18 pm »

Wow. I'll just ask this since I don't want to search the whole thread and there's no mention of it in the readme file.
Is there any way to run DF and SS side by side without having 2 monitors? I know about the mini version you can use for DF, but I wanted larger. Next I'm running stone sense, but it isn't keeping up with DF. Like every time I unpause DF - SS doesn't pick up and go with it and update live. I've seen the video on youtube with both running live next to each other so what gives?

Thanks.
Quote from: Readme
Numpad + and -: Increase/Decrease AutoReload Rate

F will toggle following of the DF window.  Ctrl+arrow keys adjusts the offset so you can put the center view where you think it ought to be relative to your dwarf fortress window.

+ and - on the numpad adjust the refresh rate. If you hit + once then it will start updating every 0.1 sec.

As far as running them side-by-side, you can just set DF to run in a window and tweak DF's config to give you the window size you want... Or use 40d16 and resize the window, although that's a bit fiddly.  Editing Stonesense's init.txt will let you change the window size of Stonesense.

Velrio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 03, 2009, 10:58:03 pm »

Thanks! I'm a moron apparently, but thanks!

MatrexsVigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 03, 2009, 11:14:27 pm »

I really love it!  It's missing something, however.  It needs another instrument, maybe violin?  Or is that too elfy?  Hmm...

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 03, 2009, 11:17:43 pm »

Yay Xan takes a breath from under his piles of studying to make an appearance!

Nice cellos you have there Gilrad.  Have you heard of Apocalyptica? your ditty reminded me of their music.  Could use some cymbals and percussion to be truly awesome.  Some big timpani drums to give it some more oomf.  I was watching the "Making of" movies for Warhammer Online...and the "Making of Music" one is pretty interesting.  An inspirational quote: "Today we will be examining how to scare the bloody bejeesus out of Warhammer players".  I think it applies :D.

While we're on the topic of DF music, UO's title theme "Stones" is pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq0rmlmY8bw.  It has a lighter tone than your music but again, is limited to a single instrument.  Seems more "ye olden dayes" than a full orchestra.

What's with these animooted dwarf sprites?  Are we moving away from static sprites or are these side projects?  The animated creatures I can see...but are we really going to have dwarves physically walking everywhere?  It seems to me they move a bit too fast on screen (not in your .gifs below, but in-game)...might get horribly distracting.

Back to work.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 379