Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720331 times)

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1065 on: November 17, 2009, 02:52:33 pm »

Firstly, I LOVE the plants! (although imo the colour of the pigtail should be less saturated)
I've thought about the issue with farm tiles containing more than one plant (some up to 12) and I decided that the tiles should be a representation not a direct depiction. I think the same should go for all sprites going into this Project.
Another issue is I would get pressed for space and things will look cluttered.

With regards to that: Like you have done with many of the plants already, you could have 1 plant that visibly contains more than one piece of fruit - like the Muck Root, Rope Reed and the Strawberries. Thus if you were to have the sunberries have more than one flower head or several berries packed into the centre of one flower it would help to depict being able to harvest more than one product from each tile. That said, I think the plants look great as is and to be honest don't need much improvement at all.
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 17, 2009, 03:14:23 pm »

I've asked it before, but how to fix the crash when a "sandy" tile appears on the screen (that which appears after you remove some construction).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

fifth angel

• Bay Watcher
  • slow and lazy
    • View Profile
    • -thee portfolio-
« Reply #1067 on: November 17, 2009, 05:03:01 pm »

got bored, drew alligator
hmmm....

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:01 pm »

So far enjoying everything but it seems the dwarfs presented aren't really in the same style as humans; example:

jarathor's dwarf:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/stonesense/images/1/18/Dungeonmastermale.png

tehmarken dwarf:
http://members.chello.nl/p.meijer33/Dwarf_helmet.PNG

7˘ Nickel humans:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1996/mandfciviliansr.png

nickel's style is imo the most attractive (no offense to any of the other contributers). i also think its the one that fits best with the existing tiles.

None taken. If anybody wants to either modify or create anew the dwarf sprites go ahead - I just knew that I could crank them out relatively quickly, and unless I'm missing any, I believe that I've done them all by now. There are quite a few pixel artists here a lot better than me who could vastly improve them, since they admittedly aren't quite on par with a lot of the other work going into this project.

fifth angel

• Bay Watcher
  • slow and lazy
    • View Profile
    • -thee portfolio-
« Reply #1069 on: November 17, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »

None taken. If anybody wants to either modify or create anew the dwarf sprites go ahead - I just knew that I could crank them out relatively quickly, and unless I'm missing any, I believe that I've done them all by now. There are quite a few pixel artists here a lot better than me who could vastly improve them, since they admittedly aren't quite on par with a lot of the other work going into this project.

Tough words (: Improvement comes easier, can't argue with that, but there always could be an option like "select dwarf tiles".
hmmm....

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #1070 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:51 pm »

Ok updated humans.  Tweaked the clothes, reduced the shoulders and changed the shading to make em look smoother.  I cant really reduce the legs without turning em into toothpicks.

Worked like magic, if I may say so. Very lovely work.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2009, 05:55:53 pm »

jarathor's look like they'd fit right in on, oh, Langrisser.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 17, 2009, 06:55:59 pm »

Ehh, I'm fine with the "manly women". I mean - what's the gameplay difference? If there's practically no difference in game, it makes sense that there's practically no difference graphically.

To me, anyway.
We know that there will be a difference eventually, so it's better to get it out of the way now instead of letting a bunch of manly women sprites pile up until that difference is implemented into DF - at which point there'd be a lot of work to be done to make genders (and possibly other castes?) distinct.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 17, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »

I've asked it before, but how to fix the crash when a "sandy" tile appears on the screen (that which appears after you remove some construction).
Jonask has put in a bunch of map sanitization code since a3. If you havent been using a build from SVN, then theres a good chance things will clear up on the next release.

Seuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:51 pm »

got bored, drew alligator

You drew a sexy alligator 8)

---

Crops are done.
This shot isn't as glamorous as the last but its the one i uploaded to the wiki and is taken from 'objects.png'.
“Reality is that part of the imagination we all agree on”

YojimboUsaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 17, 2009, 09:40:40 pm »

Okie Dokie... will try to post some pictures.  First time so if I break any protocols please be gentle.

I give you Goldparch.  A small dwarven harbor at the crossroads of two trade routes.  It includes a lighthouse, McUrist's Pub and Disco, McUrist's Puke'N'Stumbl Hotel, trading ship, fishing boat and a steel warship the dwarfhammer!

The gears and windows really makes it come to life.  Once the color matches (golden roof on the lighthouse, dance floor in the bar, great map room for example) things will really start to sparkle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This stuff fills me with untold amounts of glee and anticipation of what is to come.  Excellent work.

Yoj

kingpocky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51:07 pm »

YojimboUsaka, there are no words in the English or Dwarven languages that describe how awesome that is.

I think this thread needs more megaprojects rendered in Stonesense. Hopefully more of the forumgoers will be struck by strange moods and create artifact fortresses encrusted with isometric.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 17, 2009, 09:59:26 pm »

I'm going to work my way through the creature list quickly making things to the best of my (limited) abilities. Just so we have something in place for each animal, even if they need to be fixed up later.
So here's two different colour antmen, two different colour batmen (not sure if they should be standing or flying), a whale shark, and a nurse shark that would probably do for some other types of shark as well.

I'll upload them to http://stonesense.wikia.com/wiki/Creature_Sprites as I go, I guess.

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2009, 10:18:53 pm »

Just when you thought it was okay to go back into the cave...

Giant Cave Spider!

Maybe he's a bit complicated?  First attempt at drawing sprites in isometric...and first attempt at following Suess/Solifuge/Jonask's style.

Dante - Do your temp sprites fit inside of the cube shape templates?  They seem a bit big but that could be just me and my aging eyes.  I'm all for placeholders but not if they pop through the floor :D

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 17, 2009, 10:20:49 pm »

Yeah, I drew them inside the standard cube template.

EDIT
Actually, wait: the horizontal batmen may not, because I just rotated them through 90 degrees. I'll just go check.

EDIT
Yep, by pure serendipity the flying ones still work out just within the cube. Though they could afford to be moved a pixel to the left. I'll get back to that.

EDIT

So this is what I have, in a bit over an hour.

That's whale shark, nurse/generic shark, antmen x2, batmen x4, unrecognisable coelacanth, sea monsters x2, newly resized camel, newly resized cow, elephant, elk, gazelle x2, nightwing/cave swallow, giant bat, giant scorpions x2, giant eagle.
If nothing else, this should drive people to create in the hopes of replacing these ...things.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 379