Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719626 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #390 on: November 02, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »

Ok updated lever test with on and off.

those look wonderful :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:03 pm »

Two suggestions on the Lever.

1) I think it is a bit big, but maybe stick it next to a Wall and some other objects to make sure it doesn't overlap them too much?
2) Remove the Green Light on the Lever. It's a bit too high-tech looking for a DF level.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2009, 04:57:40 pm »

I like the lever, looks cool.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2009, 05:05:16 pm »

2) Remove the Green Light on the Lever. It's a bit too high-tech looking for a DF level.

It's an emerald or something!  I did have the same thought, but I'd say keep it.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2009, 05:32:53 pm »

just a thought, but will corpses be taken into consideration? I've been working on a rather wonderful graveyard, a shrine filled with waterfalls that cycle and spray gentle amounts of water onto the dead.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2009, 05:48:46 pm »

Since first post doesn't mention and I can't be arsed to search through entire thread, "Is Stonesense real time or pause only?"

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2009, 06:10:58 pm »

QUESTION:

Where is the file which lists and defines the entities in objects.png.

I'm trying to make a new sprite (for example, crossbows) and I don't know how I'll get the game to point to that sprite?

[Do I have to download each individual file from: http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and then attack the program with Microsoft Visual to allow new object sprites into the game or is there a simpler way?]

PS - Also even if there is a simple solution... Is it possible to download the stonesense source to toy with? If so how?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:31:05 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2009, 06:40:16 pm »

I've experienced the missing keystroke issue myself. It comes from the fact that right now keys are polled. This is just a quick and dirty way of doing it, so I'm gonna look at making something more robust
buffer...but mind the limits?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2009, 07:31:37 pm »

Since first post doesn't mention and I can't be arsed to search through entire thread, "Is Stonesense real time or pause only?"
Not quite real time, but pretty close: There is an auto-update mechanism so you can tell it to fetch updates at varing frequencies.

I get about 10fps out of Stonesense, with DF running at 50fps at the same time. If you dont have a multi-core machine, it will probably hurt...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2009, 07:34:56 pm »

Not quite real time, but pretty close: There is an auto-update mechanism so you can tell it to fetch updates at varing frequencies.

I get about 10fps out of Stonesense, with DF running at 50fps at the same time. If you dont have a multi-core machine, it will probably hurt...
Got an i7 920 overclocked to 4.0 ghz machine at home, I'll run some tests tonight and see how god it can get. Thanks.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2009, 07:46:36 pm »

Where is the file which lists and defines the entities in objects.png.

I'm trying to make a new sprite (for example, crossbows) and I don't know how I'll get the game to point to that sprite?

[Do I have to download each individual file from: http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and then attack the program with Microsoft Visual to allow new object sprites into the game or is there a simpler way?]

OK, for starters 'objects' per-se are not in the game yet. Creatures and buildings are, but I'm not sure we'll ever be able to usefully get object data: Even DF itself grinds to a halt on the stocks/stone screen, so...

But for buildings and creatures, there's XML definitions, so you just need to tweak text files- no compiling. Full details on the googlecode wiki.

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/w/list

PS - Also even if there is a simple solution... Is it possible to download the stonesense source to toy with? If so how?

If you get a Subversion tool, you can download the whole lot as per the instructions on the googlecode website. There are instructions included (and in this thread at various points) for how to build it on MSVS, MinGW and Linux.

Of course, new sprites being added to the system will show up on the http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ area before they get into a release, so its possible to get some mini-updates yourself that way without having to compile anything. But make sure to back up your building directory first, because the config format will sometimes change (eg the Bridges.xml now in SVN is not compatible with 0.3a)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »

Its a lot less 'glowy' when not looking at it in 2x magnification.

A bit worried by size, but I'll check it out more carefully sometime when I shouldn't actually be heading off to work. 8-)

just a thought, but will corpses be taken into consideration?
Objects are out of scope right now. Theres an 'occupancy:item' flag that may give us a generic object indicator, but getting at actual item information is not currently available (otherwise there'd be a whole bunch of 'get that sock outa the ----ing way' utilities)

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2009, 08:01:03 pm »

What the hell?
Why is this so goddamn epic?
Obsidian cancels common sense: Interrupted by insanity
!!carp!!

Octopusfluff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:36 pm »

While I understand the view of 'high-tech', the green/red, in my opinion, does a HUGE amount for making it very obvious at a glance what state it's in. Remembering left versus right on top of everything else you have to keep track of in DF... :D

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 02, 2009, 09:35:06 pm »

Except here it'll be UL v DR
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 379