Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721398 times)

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5625 on: March 29, 2012, 01:12:35 am »

The stockpiles of wood look odd to me, rather empty and too nicely placed all parallel to each other several feet apart.  Would it be possible to have those piles of wood look more full?

Also, Japa, will we ever be able to control DF from within Stonesense?  What's stopping you from using DFHack to do this already?
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: March 29, 2012, 01:41:33 am »

Also, Japa, will we ever be able to control DF from within Stonesense?  What's stopping you from using DFHack to do this already?

Lack of desire to do the work required.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:47 am »

Ah, I see.  Well that's an easy fix with the proper - uh - electrical enthusiasm stimulation device :o
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:59 am »

I think you're seriously overreacting with the "nude" dwarves.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: March 29, 2012, 03:56:03 am »

I agree.

However, it's seriously easy to make the underwear always on, rather than only on when they're actually wearing some.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: March 29, 2012, 04:02:48 am »

I prefer to have option "underwear always on".
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

starvingpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:58 am »

The most amazing thing I find about the American Psyche (being an American myself) is that we have absolutely no problem with a game that will describe, line by line, a dwarven baby getting all it's limbs torn off by an angry troll; but we will get offended by the Barbie Doll effect.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: March 29, 2012, 10:52:10 am »

That's why I rarely use the term "we".  It only enhances stereotyping.

I have my own viewpoints on the two subjects.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

The barbie doll effect is fine, I don't see really anything offensive. I like the way they are coming along. As long as the armor for female dwarves is not the stereotypical fantasy swimsuit I'm good with the clothing being a little stylish.

As far as dwarf armor Warhammer always seemed to get what it should be like: Resolute, Engraved, and shown with a lot of craftsmanship.
Like so:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can see sketches of the female versions in the top left of the first and the top right of the second image. It still shows the femaleness of the character but is still in the vein of practical fantasy armor. Caldfir I think your sprites are progressing wonderfully. Know I just wish we could get someone to update the sprites in the background as well. It looks better when the styles match.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: March 29, 2012, 01:18:28 pm »

It depends a lot on if you know the baby or not, and if you are forced to visualize it.  I tend to grow more attached to my dwarves than most players apparently do.  I don't see much point in playing if you don't care about the dwarves.

Anyway, I guess I'll just draw the underwear, myself, if you guys would just let there be some option to enable it.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: March 29, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

Here's the thing.

The game has underwear. It will be drawn.

There's literally one line of text that needs to be changed to turn it on.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: March 29, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

Taking into consideration the people that might feel uncomfortable/offended with the naked/barbie doll nudity, how about this:
* No stapled underwear, it's just silly when the game has it's own and it will be drawn when they wear it.
* An option to select the kind of nudity:
** realistic(maybe add proper hair if the game models it, and even genitalia a là child goku in dragon ball)
** barbie-doll
** blured a là The Sims
** covered with black and white "censored" sings
Just my two cents.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: March 29, 2012, 03:18:32 pm »

Eh.

I say just go with barbie doll. That's family safe.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: March 29, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

I think barbie doll is best. I definitely want the option to not show underwear if the dwarf isn't wearing any. If I've got buck naked dwarves wandering around, I want to notice it so I can do something about it. If they all look like they've got underwear on I won't know that they need some.

I could live with naked dwarves being shown with heart boxers, since such items aren't in the game so I'd notice that they're actually naked. But please don't draw thongs over heart boxers if they're just wearing thongs! That'd be just silly.

"Censored" bars would be another cute possibility. But they need to float in front of the dwarf, not conform to the dwarf's shape. If you're going to do it, do it right. :)

One way or another, if your boss is ok with you playing DF at work, I doubt he/she would get too upset about seeing naked barbie dwarves.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: March 29, 2012, 04:24:20 pm »

New version is out. It has male clothed dorves. Get it from the DFhack thread.
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 379