Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721526 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5445 on: March 04, 2012, 06:37:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: March 04, 2012, 08:29:12 am »

Ohhh, very promising!

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:42 pm »

Indeed - this is equal parts exciting and terrifying.   

Exciting because of all the possibilities it allows (not to mention just plain being a convenient way to inspect equipment), and terrifying because, hot damn that's going to require a lot of art to bring to its full potential. 
where is up?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: March 04, 2012, 06:11:19 pm »

I can't see the dwarf >.>
Anyway, I'm looking forward to spiriting for my future mods.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: March 04, 2012, 10:08:31 pm »

I can't see the dwarf >.>
Anyway, I'm looking forward to spiriting for my future mods.

He's under the word battle axe

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: March 07, 2012, 06:13:35 am »

I'm using the version of stonesense for 31.25 that shipped with LNP 9.3. I wanted to have less fluff, and better clarity. I did what Japa said, and commented grasses/index.txt with # in stonesense/index.txt, and switched hashes in front of DT_trees/dt_trees.xml and trees.xml in DF/stonesense/vegetation/index.txt. I also added a custom pony sprite from Sorcerer. The result is below:

How do I make the ground look nice and green? like in

This is a soil layer, and not stone, but it is brown, and not green.
I'd also like to reduce or remove the shift to blue from seeing multiple Z-levels below.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: March 07, 2012, 06:43:52 am »

If you check terrain/index.txt, there should be a commented out grass texture. I think.

And you can change the fog color in stonesense/init.txt

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: March 07, 2012, 07:34:52 am »

If you check terrain/index.txt, there should be a commented out grass texture. I think.

And you can change the fog color in stonesense/init.txt
OK, setting Fog alpha to lower value solved one problem.

terrain/index.txt had grass uncommented, and there may be some error in the grass.xml file, but switching to DarkTundra, and commenting out pretty much everything else in terrain/index.txt worked.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: March 08, 2012, 11:44:31 am »

*pokes*

Hey is there a handy utility that shows the "colors" for all the rocks and materials in stonesense?
I don't use it, instead I send files to a friend about once a month for him to screen caps.  I never know how things will look till he sends them back, and often find colors in game very much different in Stonesense.

Any help?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: March 08, 2012, 11:51:20 am »

stonesense uses a couple xml files that set the colors for all materials.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:55 am »

Okay.  Clothed dwarves are the next thing on the agenda.  Going to be a bit of work, but I have a baseline to start from right now.  This is so much incredibly more successful than my previous attempt.  Dwarves look good down to 64x64, and are recognizable down to 32x32.  So much better than my previous attempt. 

Going to try to power through the list of equipment types before I even think about she-dwarves.  Cannot overestimate how happy I am with the way these sprites scale. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:18:03 am by Caldfir »
where is up?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: March 09, 2012, 03:42:43 am »

Um... I'm rather ignorant about it, but why do you need such a high zoom? I mean I prefer having an overview then see only 50 or so tiles.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:56 am »

Okay.  Clothed dwarves are the next thing on the agenda.  Going to be a bit of work, but I have a baseline to start from right now.  This is so much incredibly more successful than my previous attempt.  Dwarves look good down to 64x64, and are recognizable down to 32x32.  So much better than my previous attempt. 

Going to try to power through the list of equipment types before I even think about she-dwarves.  Cannot overestimate how happy I am with the way these sprites scale.

I'm used to be a fan of the pixel-y dwarves, but your high res dwarves have converted me. They're absolutely perfect.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: March 09, 2012, 05:03:18 am »

Um... I'm rather ignorant about it, but why do you need such a high zoom? I mean I prefer having an overview then see only 50 or so tiles.

Well, the main thing is so that you can zoom in and get a look at what everybody's wearing.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: March 09, 2012, 08:53:44 am »

I'm not sure what causes this, but in the 34.05 release of dfhack, stonesense always crashes after using the mouse wheel for going down around 70 levels.

It's really annoying, as it also crashes the game alongside with the program, and I can't get to explore the area to set up my main staircase.

I basically use Stonesense for two things, one being finding a gap in the caves to have a 3x3 staircase all the way to the lava sea. The second is to see my forts after some above ground building have been made, to enjoy the 3D effect resulting from it.

I don't know why the crash occurs, as stderr.log only says "Invoking: ssense" on the last line, not quite the error log I was expecting.

I tried it on various worlds, both from personnal templates or from the basic generator, and I always have this crash.

I hope I could give more information, but I need to know where to look for it first.

NOTE: I am using masterwork mod, that adds quite a lot of underground stuff, so it might come from this, but I didn't have this problem previously, so I don't think it could be 100% from this.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:59:56 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 379