Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721656 times)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5190 on: August 01, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »

I found that if you copy and paste the files you provided into an existing, unzipped Slate 2.3 folder and all of the features you would expect show up. Just let the OS overwrite the files and it seems to work quite nicely.

Yeah I found the same thing myself as well.  I'm sticking with the file version without the stonesense executable, because I don't want people downloading this without first coming to this thread or the stonesense project page.  People can get really confused if there are multiple available versions of a program available for download and I want to avoid that. 

Also, I would like to direct people to the stonesense screenshot thread.  I would really like to see more people's forts and adventures :)
where is up?

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: August 02, 2011, 04:35:19 am »

I found that if you copy and paste the files you provided into an existing, unzipped Slate 2.3 folder and all of the features you would expect show up. Just let the OS overwrite the files and it seems to work quite nicely.

Yeah I found the same thing myself as well.  I'm sticking with the file version without the stonesense executable, because I don't want people downloading this without first coming to this thread or the stonesense project page.  People can get really confused if there are multiple available versions of a program available for download and I want to avoid that. 

Also, I would like to direct people to the stonesense screenshot thread.  I would really like to see more people's forts and adventures :)

I figured that was the case. Hopefully anyone new could read here or in a readme and figure out that is what they should do. I also second the opinion that the stonesense screenshot thread needs a little more love, especially with the new graphics available.

sonny164

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: August 02, 2011, 12:30:12 pm »

So I can't find any other solution to this
I extracted the files in the .rar and updated the Memory.XML
and I still cant get passed the "connecting to DF" screen, then the program stops responding
Am I doing something wrong?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: August 02, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »

So I can't find any other solution to this
I extracted the files in the .rar and updated the Memory.XML
and I still cant get passed the "connecting to DF" screen, then the program stops responding
Am I doing something wrong?
You.  Must.  Have.  A.  Fortress.  Loaded.

The site picker is *NOT* a fortress.  Embark, *then* try Stonesense.
?

I've read most of this thread, and I've tried to make stonesense 2.3 work with 31.25. I've updated memory.xml but it still hangs on connecting to df. People earlier in the thread have said it works with an updated xml file, what would be different with my setup that it wouldn't?
Thanks.
If you're running a newer version of windows, try running stonesense in administrator mode.
?
in the first post, there's a big orange 'try this if it doesn't work' section.

try that, then ask questions.

Actually, a lot of these possible solutions can be found if you type "connecting to DF" in that little box up top with the magnifying glass next to it then hit the search button.

Maybe you can help us and say what of those solutions (from the search) don't work for you?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:46:38 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

grebote

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »

So when I start Stonesense I can get past the installation screen (where you press F9), but then the program crashes at that point (it says "Connecting to DF..." for about 20 seconds before crashing.)

Checking out the dump file, i get the following:

Code: [Select]
Stonesense launched
Using allegro version 5.0.0 r1
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
DFhack exeption: memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
DFhack exeption: memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer
...(repeated for many lines)

I am using the SDL version of DF 31.25 on Windows 7 64-bit (with all recent updates). I have tried updating the Memory.xml file in the OP to no success. I do have a fortress loaded when I open the program. I have tried it while logged on as the administrator. Other than the xml file, I have not changed anything since DLing it from the LNP. Someone had this problem many pages ago but it didn't appear to be solved, and it sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. Anyway I'd like to be able to use this program since it looks awesome and a ton of work has gone into it.

If anyone has a work-around I'd love to hear about it!

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: August 07, 2011, 06:43:37 am »

Okay i fixed my stonesense issue. Figure a note needs adding to the OP.

Don't copy past the text from the memory.xml link into your own memory.xml file by hand. Instead right click the link in the OP and choose save as. Then overwrite the existing memory.xml file with the newly downloaded one.

DrWhoFan82

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: August 08, 2011, 07:14:28 pm »

Any idea when stonesense will be ready for .31.25?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: August 08, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »

Any idea when stonesense will be ready for .31.25?

About two weeks after 0.31.25 is released.

DrWhoFan82

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: August 09, 2011, 06:48:28 am »

Ok cool.
I can't get stonesense to work. It's my first time playing DF. This is what I get when I run SS
Code: [Select]
Stonesense launched
Using allegro version 5.0.0 r1
DFhack exeption: couldn't find a suitable process
I have SS in a sub folder of the DF folder.
Some help please?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: August 09, 2011, 10:42:20 am »

If you're using windows 7 or vista you'll likely need to run both programs as an admin for dfhack to be able to work. 
where is up?

DrWhoFan82

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:41 pm »

Yeah forgot to add those specs, sorry.
Windows 7
DF .31.21
and SS 2.3

running as admin didn't work. :(

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: August 09, 2011, 01:07:56 pm »

Have you replaced memory.xml yet?
At last, she is done.

DrWhoFan82

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:18 pm »

Holy Sonic Screwdriver! it worked! Thanks! Now this just shows graphics right, or can you actually play the game thru stonesense?

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: August 09, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

Just graphics.  If you can conceptualize a way to use SS as an effective input interface I encourage you to contact the developers.
At last, she is done.

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: August 10, 2011, 12:56:48 am »

It's already been plenty conceptualized and planned out, it's just no one thinks it's a good idea after thinking about it carefully.
~ T
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 379