Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721702 times)

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5100 on: June 18, 2011, 04:25:48 am »

wait, that's not right. tinting is supposed to work with variations just fine....

Well, I didn't make the original XMLs so I wouldn't be able to tell what the issue was, however the only thing I did to make the code work was remove the variations.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: June 18, 2011, 08:47:58 am »

tinting does work fine with variations.
I still say let me have a looksee at what you've got in the xml.
Also, if you are just using notepad to edit the xml, I suggest getting notepadd++. It'll colour the parts of the code and makes it easier to see if you've missed a bracket or anything like that.

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: June 18, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »

AH, yea, I'm just using notepad. That colorization sounds real handy. Here is the XML without the variation, the ones that I have working.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's a snippet from one of the original XMLs WITH variation. I don't have any copies of the ones I made with the variation.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:48:53 pm by Vaugher »

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: June 18, 2011, 08:51:51 pm »

Does this work then?

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: June 18, 2011, 09:30:47 pm »

That code has caused the sprites to use two variations. However, some of the variant sprites a bit whacky, such as rough, natural stone using the sprite for smoothed or constructed walls/floors. This is probably due to the layout of the sprite sheet I made (using the resources from the pack).

So the code is fine, but what I'd like to know is how does the variation code select which sprite(s) to use? So if the tile's sprite is said to be 40, what other sprites will it use? 41?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: June 18, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

That code has caused the sprites to use two variations. However, some of the variant sprites a bit whacky, such as rough, natural stone using the sprite for smoothed or constructed walls/floors. This is probably due to the layout of the sprite sheet I made (using the resources from the pack).

So the code is fine, but what I'd like to know is how does the variation code select which sprite(s) to use? So if the tile's sprite is said to be 40, what other sprites will it use? 41?

exactly. it'll swap between 40 and 41.

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: June 18, 2011, 10:46:48 pm »

Alright, that's what I thought. I can arrange it properly now. I think I have all the knowledge I need to expand this pack to everything. Thanks a lot for the help!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #5107 on: June 19, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »

Damnit, now I feel bad that I didn't stick around more.

Didn't know about the boulder-differentiation either... :(

Grim Dark is still inprogress(At the metamorphics now, still) I just haven't played a lot of dwarf fortress lately due to a lovely combination of three things: 1) school 2)doing spritework proffesionally as well 3) computer troubles.

I'll be updating grimdark in the summer holidays though :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:10:46 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: June 19, 2011, 03:17:49 pm »

keep in mind that the next version of stonesense may drop some of the sprite features in a trade for speed, since I'm taking the new DFhack as an excuse to re-work the entire thing to be faster. so features may stay, or they may go, it's hard to say at this point.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #5109 on: June 19, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

I was under the impression you were thinking of even having the overall look changed?

What's the stuff you were considering to ignore for now?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: June 19, 2011, 03:27:51 pm »

I've decided against changing the overall look, or if I do change it, it'll still be the same code underneath.

the most likely feature to be taken out is anything that checks the surrounding tiles. however, that may not be needed. I'll have to see.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #5111 on: June 19, 2011, 03:41:26 pm »

Oh, I see. Well, that's not too bad really. If you could make the xml be backwards compatible(aka it'll ignore all code that asks it to check  surroundingsand makes sure that what ever would show up without said code will show up) I see no problem :) It's good to know that everyones hard work for the past few years can keep living on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: June 19, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »

there's a good chance it'll stay in anyway. I'm just giving fair warning.

maybe I'll make it an init setting.

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: June 19, 2011, 04:23:45 pm »

That sounds like it could be a huge speed difference, and if so I'd be fine with it being mandatory, or an init setting is possible.
~ T

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:55 pm »

Damnit, now I feel bad that I didn't stick around more.

Didn't know about the boulder-differentiation either... :(

Grim Dark is still inprogress(At the metamorphics now, still) I just haven't played a lot of dwarf fortress lately due to a lovely combination of three things: 1) school 2)doing spritework proffesionally as well 3) computer troubles.

I'll be updating grimdark in the summer holidays though :)

Haha, hope you don't mind me playing around with your pack. I really like the style, but was kinda disappointed with how little it applied to. I've since made all previously unsupported stones use a combination of the Igneous and Ore sprites, though. Works pretty well.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 379