Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719621 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #4965 on: April 11, 2011, 10:51:33 am »

I'm a terrible programmer that doesn't know what he's doing and is just monkeying around.
We know, but forgive you because you look cool, and blame it on the lack of oxygen in your atmosphere.

I'm at sea level.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: April 11, 2011, 10:58:39 am »

Then we blame it on the motion of the boat.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: April 11, 2011, 11:43:19 am »

pretty much all the speed issues we're experiencing can be blamed on one thing.

Me.

I'm a terrible programmer that doesn't know what he's doing and is just monkeying around.

Well, I will help you out! I have never looked at the stonesense source and have no idea how it works so I am 100% qualified to tell you the problem is pathfinding. You should like multi-thread stonesense's pathfinding for massive fps gain!
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: April 11, 2011, 04:41:42 pm »

I'm at sea level.
Exactly my point. I'm a few yards below that, and unless you have dykes, there's isn't much oxygen in there. :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DwarvesH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: April 12, 2011, 05:57:25 am »

I can't promise anything for sure, but if I have time I'll try and compile Stonesense in the weekend. I won't be able to dive into the DFHack part, but maybe I can help you identify any possible bottlenecks in the rendering pipeline.

This will give me the chance to update to new versions. I am still using Stonesense 2.1 :).

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: April 13, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »

So, I've got pretty much every visitor to my map ever lurking around on the edges in stonesense.  I remember this happening in an older version once, but I thought it was fixed... is the bug back? or have I done something awful with DFhack offsets or what? 
where is up?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:20 pm »

some how when I ran Stone sense for my xp x64 the program kill access to Dfusion and when I had deleted it it still cause the utility to not run.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4972 on: April 20, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

If I just plug in the memory file from the latest DFhack will it (more or less) work with the newest version of dwarf fortress?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: April 20, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

It should work just fine as long as the file name is correct.

DFHack makes life so much easier, doesn't it?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: April 21, 2011, 07:12:02 am »

If I just plug in the memory file from the latest DFhack will it (more or less) work with the newest version of dwarf fortress?

"Some assembly required.":P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

LordBistian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: April 25, 2011, 07:00:22 am »

Is there any workaround for the badly stacking Magma Blocks?

Left is how it looks currently.
Right is how it should look.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: April 25, 2011, 10:15:32 am »

Heya, I'm also having the SxS configuration issues (the program has failed to start because the configuration is borked, error (some negitive number), and so forth) on win XP SP2, even when I build the damn thing myself (with VC2008 Express).

Poking around with depends I found that the allegro libs wanted some version of the VC 2005 redist that none of the redist downloads or other files I had would satisfy them. So I rebuil them in 2008 with static linking :P

That worked, but now I'm getting some kind of DFhack related error.

Code: [Select]
Stonesense launched
Using allegro version 5.0.0 r1
No Dwarf Fortress executable found
DFhack exeption: memory object not set: type offset key /string/MSVC/buffer

This is with the newer memory.xml, fwiw.

I also get about the same message when I try to run DFUNSTUCK from StoneSense's directory. The current DFhack version works fine, but dropping the current (200kb smaller and apparently dynamically linked to VC 2010?) DFHack.dll causes (somewhat expectable) unknown entry point errors.

Of course, if I can track down a lib for the newer DFhack I can probably just build SVN stonesense around it, but I was hoping for a drop in fix for people having problems now :\.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: April 25, 2011, 12:37:13 pm »

SxS (Side-by-Side) errors have just been introduced with Windows Vista, as far as I know, I haven't seen them in Win XP.

Reguardless, are you using a 64 bit version of either the OS or the libraries?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: April 25, 2011, 04:08:12 pm »

Duh, right. 32 bit everything here. All the vcredist's i've tried have been _x86. (Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to give many different library installers the same filename, um, no...)

Before I plopped in the freshly-minted new allegro (5.0.0) DLLs, I was getting three SideBySide notice in my system event log:

Code: [Select]
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
Generate Activation Context failed for c:\weaver\inbox\stonesense-read-only\ALLEGRO-5.0.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Plus some message related to the last on in the launch output in VS08.

After putting the new DLLs in, the SxS errors stop happening and stonesense loads, but gets stuck at connecting to DF, apparently spitting those string/msvc/buffer complaints into the stonesense log every time it tries.

Sorry about the lack of clarity in the first post :)
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 379