Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719535 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4590 on: January 26, 2011, 07:43:45 am »

232, actually. I think allegro just wraps the values.

shenle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: January 29, 2011, 09:57:47 am »

I checked out the svn code today and attempted to compile it with Visual Studio 2008 (pro, not express) and cmake 2.8. It first complained of a missing include file, allegro/allegro5/alcompat.h The file is indeed missing in the svn tree, and is referenced in multiple source files. I extracted the file from the current release of allegro5 (:RC4) and put it there, the compilation continued but eventually the build process failed with about 2600 errors, mostly allegro-related unresolved externals.

If anyone is interested I can forward them my buildlog.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:59:52 am by shenle »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: January 30, 2011, 10:39:23 am »

Is there a way to make this work for 31.18?

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: January 30, 2011, 10:43:17 am »

seems like DFhack wasn't updated , i guess
Desu

Arphahat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: January 30, 2011, 07:53:17 pm »

Is there a way to make this work for 31.18?

What worked for me, based on what was recommended in the screenshot thread, was to copy the "Memory.xml" file from DFHack over the 2.2 Slate version of Stonesense.

shenle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:43 am »

For me the stonesense.exe from the SVN repository works with 31.18 as-is. It does crash every once in a while though.

Or else, you have to download the last version of memory.xml. It can be found on this page: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/tree/master/data under the name "memory-ng.xml". Download that file (direct link: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/master/data/Memory-ng.xml - right click, "save as"), rename it to "memory.xml" and put it in the stonesense 2.2 directory (replacing the file already there). Works for me fine with 31.18.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:04:27 am by shenle »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: January 31, 2011, 11:10:04 am »

or you can use the one on the stonesense directory, linked on the first post of this thread.

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: February 02, 2011, 06:40:51 am »

For me the stonesense.exe from the SVN repository works with 31.18 as-is. It does crash every once in a while though.

Or else, you have to download the last version of memory.xml. It can be found on this page: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/tree/master/data under the name "memory-ng.xml". Download that file (direct link: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/master/data/Memory-ng.xml - right click, "save as"), rename it to "memory.xml" and put it in the stonesense 2.2 directory (replacing the file already there). Works for me fine with 31.18.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:44:39 am by Pride »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:16 pm »

I'm not seeing any dwarves.  Or animals.  Or anything except the landforms.  And it crashes quite alot, but then again I was playing in adventure mode and I'm not sure that was intended.  Either way it doesn't show anything but landforms and vegetation (and rocks, of course) in Fortress mode, either.

What am I doing wrong?  I'm using 31.18, with Stonesense 2.2 and the new xml from the first post.

Edit:
Okay nevermind, I did a little research and found out I'm using a version too new for Stonesense by all of a month.  How can a month cause such changes? The answer to making this work has to be something minor, like memory offsets, right? Does anyone have any information on when a new version might be comming out? Or maybe any intrepid hackers who have figured out how to get a single creature to display?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:45:13 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: February 02, 2011, 09:18:17 pm »

DFHack creature stuff isn't around for 31.18. The guy who does them is busy with exams.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: February 02, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »

how do i change the memory doc. it sends me to internet explorer and i cant change stuff

shenle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:19 am »

how do i change the memory doc. it sends me to internet explorer and i cant change stuff

If you read my post it says "right click, save as"

However after having used it for a few days I noticed that 2.2 with the new xml is very unstable and crashes a lot. For a quick peek while the game is paused it's OK, but don't keep it open for any length of time while you play. It usually crashes after 5-10 minutes at most, and brings the main game down with it. It also crashes as soon as an autosave kicks in, or when you do a manual save.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:37:22 am by shenle »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: February 12, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »

There is a workaround for that.

Open back up Stonesense and close it again... DF will unfreeze
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: February 13, 2011, 10:52:12 am »

DFHack's DF Unstuck is specifically designed to correct that too.  When some utility pauses DF processing to read from it but crashes before it unpauses.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: February 13, 2011, 11:01:00 am »

I can't even use stonesense.  :'(

It only loads forever! Help!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 379