Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720452 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3840 on: August 22, 2010, 11:57:02 am »

you can get winrar from the winrar website. is has a nag screen politeley asking you to pay for it, but is otherwise fully functional.

or you can use 7zip

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: August 22, 2010, 12:01:17 pm »

Thanks Japa. Seems there are fake sites trying to pretend to be winrar as well. Weird.

Also some links on the first page are broken. Example: http://dwarffortresswiki.net/Stonesense:Content_repository shoves you into a 404 page not found. At least it does for me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: August 22, 2010, 01:24:17 pm »

Greetings i would like to make a little manipulation because i prefer the look of a certain wall in the sprites.

Right now when i make wall out of blocks i get the 4Block wall type using marble block, but i would like to have the more brick-type sprite how would i do that?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: August 22, 2010, 02:16:08 pm »

modify some xml files.

Durins Bane

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves dug too deep...not big surprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: August 22, 2010, 04:46:19 pm »

Just downloaded Stonesense, and it seems to be stuck at the "Connecting to DF" screen. I replaced the memory file too with the one in the OP...so I don't really know what else to do.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:09 pm »

modify some xml files.

Thats what i figured that far but to be honest how do i know what sprite number i want?
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: August 22, 2010, 10:41:29 pm »

I believe the spriteing guide here has a good detailed explanation.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Utility:Stonesense/Sprites

Basically the image is split up into a grid each with a single sprite.

The top rightmost one is sprite 0.  The one directly to the left of that is 1, directly to the left of that is 2.  To a maximum of 19 across.

Directly below starts at 20 (whether or not the spritesheet actually is big enough to go 20 across) left of that is 21, and so on.

Hopefully that is enough to give you the jist of it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:32 am »

Just downloaded Stonesense, and it seems to be stuck at the "Connecting to DF" screen. I replaced the memory file too with the one in the OP...so I don't really know what else to do.

Same actually. Does your Stonesense screen flash/flicker at that point too?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3848 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:30 am »

Also some links on the first page are broken. Example: http://dwarffortresswiki.net/Stonesense:Content_repository shoves you into a 404 page not found. At least it does for me.

Thanks for the heads up :) Should be fixed now.

@jocan2003: Just post any questions you might have here, and we'll do our best to help you. Good luck!
Oh and on the sprite thing: Pretty much what Greiger said. Know that there is also support for more sprite sheets than that wiki guide (which is somewhat outdated) mentions.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:00 am »

I believe the spriteing guide here has a good detailed explanation.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Utility:Stonesense/Sprites

Basically the image is split up into a grid each with a single sprite.

The top rightmost one is sprite 0.  The one directly to the left of that is 1, directly to the left of that is 2.  To a maximum of 19 across.

Directly below starts at 20 (whether or not the spritesheet actually is big enough to go 20 across) left of that is 21, and so on.

Hopefully that is enough to give you the jist of it.

Thanks a lot for that link it will help greatly :D have a nice day

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: August 23, 2010, 10:49:26 am »

Something in my map is making stonesense crash. Unhide all tiles and then go down to the 3rd caverns.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6XFJGT7M
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: August 23, 2010, 10:51:48 am »

next time, use DFFD, it's made for this kind of stuff.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: August 23, 2010, 10:59:51 am »

okay, it's not crashing with the dev version, so it must be fixed.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:38 pm »

Hello once again,

After trying all i could trying to modify the XML there i still cannot change it, turning Stonesense into debug mode and checking the sprite loaded, it show the game is currently using the Sprite 143 or 145 for the marble wall made of block, after looking at the XML files nothing is using the 143/145 am i missing something?

Maybe i need to add something to the block.xml, if its the case im screwed as i dont know anything about adding a new wall....

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: August 23, 2010, 07:13:59 pm »

I guess there was no point in me reporting it then, oh well.

Edit: If I click the "report bug to microsoft" thingy, do you get those reports?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:17:55 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 379