Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720619 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3465 on: July 01, 2010, 09:52:39 pm »

Ice should probably look closer to Igloo (or however you spell it) bricks/snow then to sheets of glass.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3466 on: July 02, 2010, 12:10:22 am »

Constructed ice walls should look like ice blocks, I agree.

natural ice should look like frosted glass, if you'll pardon the expression.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:37 am »

That's all natural ice. And ice is currently translucent, actually; I went into the terrain pngs and replaced them because they looked silly and lagged like hell.

That being said - can anyone answer my question of what to change to be able to tweak water's colour? I'm not interested in waiting for the latest release and hoping it turns out the way I'm thinking of, I'd like to change it myself. I just don't know what I'm looking for.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: July 02, 2010, 04:29:40 am »

That's all natural ice. And ice is currently translucent, actually; I went into the terrain pngs and replaced them because they looked silly and lagged like hell.

That being said - can anyone answer my question of what to change to be able to tweak water's colour? I'm not interested in waiting for the latest release and hoping it turns out the way I'm thinking of, I'd like to change it myself. I just don't know what I'm looking for.
could load the water tiles into photoshop just simply turn them a little darker.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3469 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:55 am »

I'm sure if someone knew they answer they would tell you. No need to be snippy.

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: July 02, 2010, 09:51:27 am »

I want to test hajo's new tile making program, do you know where I can find a list of tiles that are needed. If not I'll try making a cedar tree.
The great game of Warlocks!

kingpocky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: July 05, 2010, 09:18:33 pm »

Retro, that ice fortress is awesome. I have to ask everyone though, why has the screenshot thread died? Are people not posting as much, or did it get moved without me noticing?

HunterZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: July 06, 2010, 10:58:44 pm »

Any chance of an updated build and/or build instructions?

I have mingw installed (via Qt SDK) as well as Visual Studio 2010 Express, CMake and TortoiseSVN, and I wasn't able to get the source to build. I followed the MinGW instructions included in the SVN and it failed miserably. I tried building an MSVC 2010 solution using CMake and the resulting solution failed to build. I tried opening the pre-generated Visual Studio solution file in the SVN in MSVC 2010 Express and the resulting .exe crashed on start.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: July 07, 2010, 05:04:22 am »

currently, nothing using Cmake builds, the only thing that works is the included MSVC project file

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: July 07, 2010, 05:58:59 am »

I want to use this with DF 31.08, but Stonesense acts like it can't see DF when it's open. Any ETA on 31.08 support?
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: July 07, 2010, 06:46:27 am »

I want to use this with DF 31.08, but Stonesense acts like it can't see DF when it's open. Any ETA on 31.08 support?
You should probably read back about 3 pages.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3476 on: July 07, 2010, 08:32:19 pm »

No! He shouldn't have to put effort into it! He is an end user. They should be handed the solution on a platter despite it being available in 3 different places and easily findable.

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:23 pm »

:P

I got my solution, and it wasn't really a hassle. Though if you want to avvoid the thread getting this question over and over, you can put a link to that XML file in the first post :)
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: July 08, 2010, 01:00:52 am »

Or a more thorough and up to date web site.
~ T

Razumen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: July 08, 2010, 11:14:23 am »

it'd doable, actually. but none of the active devs are interested in that particular feature.

note: I'm the only active dev, more or less :D
Is that the planned goal of any of these visualizers? At least eventually? I know the graphical side of DF will improve eventually in someway, but it would be cool if Toady One could separate the graphics and interface code from the main game, allowing community developers to help create their own visualizers and interfaces-like plugins of a sort. It would probably help open the game up to a lot more people if that were so.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 379