Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720958 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2940 on: April 24, 2010, 09:43:55 am »

i bet when 0.31 version is already out and all the tiles and details needed in the current tileset are drawn there's not much os an obstacle for someone to start drawing another tileset in any style they prefer.

Everything about the game is available for you to edit whenever you like :P Just pop open the Stonesense folder and MS Paint or somesuch and mess around. You can add stuff as well as edit, too.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 24, 2010, 04:30:44 pm »

it works, finally. with help of peterix. problem was in VC2008/2010. At this point, it compiles correctly only under VC2005.
One get it running under 2008/2010 but it doesnt find/handle incorrectly memory.xml

picture from underground
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 24, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »

it works, finally. with help of peterix. problem was in VC2008/2010. At this point, it compiles correctly only under VC2005.
One get it running under 2008/2010 but it doesnt find/handle incorrectly memory.xml

picture from underground

!

...wow, it's pretty cold down there, apparently.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 24, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »

nm
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:07 pm »

The 10015 urists is the base underground temperature if I recall. Been that way since I started in 2D as far as I know. A fortress race creature I had at one time had a big problem with that  They would be fine aboveground, but would freeze to death when they went underground. 

After poking around I discovered that the anything underground, even 2 tiles from the surface is 10015 urists unless modified by a heat source (like magma or a SoF.)  And then that change in temperature wouldn't bleed out very far from the source, and doesn't warm it much.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 24, 2010, 08:26:41 pm »

Hey there - I would like to help the project in regards to sprite art if you're still looking for help with that.  This was pretty fun to make, and I think I would like to do some more sprite work.  Send me a PM and let me know. 
where is up?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 24, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »

i'd also like to show this, a possible alternative to the main tileset that i will be working on if i get enough love

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »

i'd also like to show this, a possible alternative to the main tileset that i will be working on if i get enough love

Hum... Offence not meant, but what's with the tall dwarf?

Also, the women are beardless! This is clearly an error!

On a more serious note, nice. I like it a lot.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

YojimboUsaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 24, 2010, 09:51:22 pm »

I really like the clean look of those.  Would be really nice for a busy area, easy to tell the folks apart from each other.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 24, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »

the tall dwarf was just there to make the others look smaller, lol. i increased the other dwarves size and i wanted to do a human sized...human just for comparison

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 25, 2010, 02:18:15 am »

Oh, I see. That makes sense. :D

Just a small, anatomy-nitpick note: Looking at the heads more closely, the women have a heck load more upper skull than the male dwarves. Now, I can see why it's been done so - To emphasise the baldness of the male dwarves, and to play into the stereotypes. But think about what you're suggesting - That male dwarves have less brain matter than female dwarves.

Now, I'm not suggesting that such a suggestion is incorrect, but still. Something to consider.

I can't wait to use 'em!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 25, 2010, 05:10:33 am »

I really like them. I can has?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 25, 2010, 06:48:41 am »

I can't wait when Stonesense comes out!

This will mean that I will have to draw tiles a huge amount of tiles for my Genesis races, but I can't wait to see my current fort in its glory :).

picture from underground
Wait, is it avaliable on SVN? Does it mean I can make it to work with 0.31.31 already? o_O
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:52:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:38 am »

I can't wait when Stonesense comes out!

This will mean that I will have to draw tiles a huge amount of tiles for my Genesis races, but I can't wait to see my current fort in its glory :).

picture from underground
Wait, is it avaliable on SVN? Does it mean I can make it to work with 0.31.31 already? o_O

yes
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 25, 2010, 07:40:11 am »

Can you upload the compiled version somewhere please? I do not want to reinstall TSVN and get some compiler just for this :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 379