Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720913 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2760 on: March 25, 2010, 09:29:15 pm »

Yeah, but what is the red stuff in the game that lays on the ground.

You can use the 'k' key to look around and see what things are.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:12 am »

Take it easy Shroom.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 26, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

Concepts/Questions for Da Team:
1) How clunky would it be to animate certain tiles? I'm thinking for simple things like water/waterfalls, primarily, but hypothetically for occupied/in-use workshops too.

2) Same goes for Coordinate-Based Random Tiles as in #1. You could streamline the functionality to make "animated" tiles cycle through its 4 possible appearances once per frame, whereas static tiles would be assigned one of those based on their coordinates as a Random Seed.
It largely depends on the degree of animation that you want. If you wanted it animated in the same way as the buildings/creatures, then it would start to get expensive, fast (due to many more sprite configs being needed). A 'load a different tile each map load' style of animation (like buildings used to have) would probably be cheaper
4) Tile Shadows: A bit tricky, but Lit vs. Unlit tiles would be a nice thing to represent. It becomes tricky with the vertical facings, though, as they should draw their Lit/Unlitness from the square they face, or all vertical faces will be shadowed.
BatCountry was having a play with this earlier. One of the issues is that we don't load tiles into memory unless there's something on them, so they wind up not being available for neighbors to check for shadows.

I was experimenting with whether recycling the entire block volume might make keeping all the blocks reasonable, but it still hurts performance pretty bad.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:08 am »

I knocked out cardinal waterfall tiles, SENW, 6-1 (7/7 is obviously going to just be normal)

hmm, stall.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: March 27, 2010, 02:42:15 am »

Good news everyone!

buildings and landscape tiles can now be colored automatically according to their own material, the material of the ground under them, or of the vein running through them (if there is any).

this means you can have a tile for a gem cluster that will look correct weather it's a cluster of rubies in granite, or diamonds in obsidian.

and you don't have to make a different tile for every possible material a workshop can be made from. you just have to separate the different color able parts.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 27, 2010, 04:59:26 am »

Good news everyone!

buildings and landscape tiles can now be colored automatically according to their own material, the material of the ground under them, or of the vein running through them (if there is any).

this means you can have a tile for a gem cluster that will look correct weather it's a cluster of rubies in granite, or diamonds in obsidian.

and you don't have to make a different tile for every possible material a workshop can be made from. you just have to separate the different color able parts.

Does this work for constructions too?

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 27, 2010, 05:44:03 am »

stonesense is fantastic, great job!

one thing: display sometimes blink, like swapping two different images. is there a way out?

I use 40d19.2 build
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 27, 2010, 05:50:07 am »

Japa: since there is new version of dfhack, could you please add that to project and make 40d19.2 release again?

what's fixed: it should be possible to run stonesense and other therapist-dfhack simultaneous. it hangs/crashes now, sadly

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:21 am »

Japa: since there is new version of dfhack, could you please add that to project and make 40d19.2 release again?

what's fixed: it should be possible to run stonesense and other therapist-dfhack simultaneous. it hangs/crashes now, sadly

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1947
!!!WARNING! UNTESTED AND QUITE POSSIBLY UNSTABLE!!!

Does this work for constructions too?

yes.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: March 27, 2010, 07:38:18 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1947
!!!WARNING! UNTESTED AND QUITE POSSIBLY UNSTABLE!!!

works like a charm!
flicking is over (it happened only in follow df mode and it is over now) and if someone run df -> dt w/dh -> ss, it runs. I didnt tested it deeply, though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 27, 2010, 07:41:10 am »

PS: "refresh dwarves" works too. everything runs. it comsumes a lot of laptop resources. maybe dt with new dfhack helps

Nakanja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 27, 2010, 10:43:03 am »

Cool program. :)

I tried making some sprites:
(barrels & bins)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:14:40 pm by Nakanja »

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 27, 2010, 12:19:22 pm »

(barrels & bins)

Those are pretty good; although I always imagined the bins to be taller than that, closer to shipping crates.
Too bad we can't track objects yet. Keep them until we do though.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 27, 2010, 12:21:49 pm »

(barrels & bins)

Those are pretty good; although I always imagined the bins to be taller than that, closer to shipping crates.

Yeah.  I like the barrels, and the work on both is good, but those are very short bins.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #2774 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:12 pm »

(barrels & bins)

Yeah.  I like the barrels, and the work on both is good, but those are very short bins.

To me, bins look very weird, mostly because I always imagined them to look like this:

or this:

or maybe:

Basically, not cratelike at all. Instead just round bin with two handles to allow carrying it (or square one with harness so that dwarf can carry those ten rock blocks in it with ease.)
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 379