Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719518 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #600 on: November 07, 2009, 12:16:55 am »

short answer: no, items are not known to StoneSense unless something has changed.
Stockpiles were mentioned as yes (they're kind of a messed-up pseudobuilding) but need sprites.

Zones I'm not sure of.

edit: Long answer:
One thing I've noticed, is that when I have stockpiles, they are completely unshown in Stonesense. Does stonesense not know how to deal with stockpiles? It seems like the individual objects (barrels, beds, doors) show up fine in the world, but just not in a stockpile.

Stonesense doesn't know about objects at all yet; that'll require more advancement in the dfhack library. Beds and doors are considered buildings, not objects. Barrels are objects, so do not show up. Stockpiles can be toggled (Didja read the readme file? :D ), but in the current release, they don't have any sprites configured. You'll have to fetch newer files from SVN.

...but they may have sprites for 'piles already.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:18:55 am by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 07, 2009, 12:28:31 am »

Stockpiles and zones have a sprite of sorts, but the configuration files didn't make it into a3. You could grab em out of the buildings directory of the repository. No need to recompile or anything, just dump the files into your local buildings dir.

[edit] Oh, also, while I cannot tell what an object is, I am capable of detecting the presence of an object. So we could have some generic object sprite that gets scattered all over the place.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:57:10 am by kaypy »

Rorax

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Straight Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 07, 2009, 12:30:26 am »

Ah! well that is unfortunate. What structures are not being worked on currently? I would love to help.
And also when objects do finally become available to edit, lemme know :D

I mean I would search the thread and find out for my self, but that could take a very long time.

and in Reply to Kaypy: repository? over at the source forge?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 07, 2009, 12:47:45 am »

10:1 nobody's got millstones. Remember that they transmit power in all directions.

furthermore searching thread is as easy as that box up there, while browsing the thread :P

Not sourceforge, google code (don't ask me how to use. it should be linked in first post, but isn't) While it won't tell you what is not being worked on, there's a list somewhere in there about what's done, if I remember correctly. Look under /buildings/ for what's got sprites and what's not.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Rorax

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Straight Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 07, 2009, 01:16:02 am »

Is there a way to tell what /kind/ of stockpile it is? Because perhaps then you could tailor what random items are scattered in a stockpile area.
For example: food stockpile only gets barrels and other scattered food items.

Ezuku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 07, 2009, 01:28:09 am »

Pity about glaciers not working properly, alas now cannot use stonesense on my fortress. People might appreciate a warning about glaciers and other such things it blanket doesn't work with.

Anyway, having a generic image for stockpiles is a fantastic idea. It's relatively simple and makes sense. Just have a sack or something which is placed on each square in a stockpile with something. I guess it would look wierd with rock stockpiles, and if your stockpile has leftover rock in it though. And with bin and barrels in stockpiles. Hmm...

This has really invigorated my desire to play dwarf fortress, keep up the amazing work everyone!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 07, 2009, 01:35:12 am »

Pity about glaciers not working properly, alas now cannot use stonesense on my fortress. People might appreciate a warning about glaciers and other such things it blanket doesn't work with.
Ice and water are deep hoodoo crazy in 40d. Ice is the easiest manner in which to produce a void tile (i.e. one lacking "open space" or anything else).
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2009, 03:14:57 am »

10:1 nobody's got millstones. Remember that they transmit power in all directions.
Theres a sort of millstone/quern thing, but there's always room for improvement. The buildings that are 'done and in' can be found from the googlecode (check the list of files in the buildings directory), although theres generally some pending ones you'd need to read the forum for.
it should be linked in first post, but isn't
Jonask has been rather unavailable recently... Hopefully we may get some more info up there eventually.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 07, 2009, 03:45:49 am »

There's a lot of updating now, which is unfortunate timing for him to be busy with well... work and kidney stones.

fucking OW.  :'( my manhood weeps for him.

7¢ Nickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 07, 2009, 03:59:49 am »

I'm still planning on doing waterwheels/millstones/screwpumps.

:EDIT:

I might as well add this test I did for smooth/engraved walls and floors.

I think I'm done with these for now so I'll get back to work on the waterwheel.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:27:09 am by 7¢ Nickel »

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 07, 2009, 08:57:40 am »

Those smoothed and engraved walls are looking fantastic.  I love how at this resolution, they're vague enough that they can look like just about whatever you want (as demonstrated all the different guesses :P)
Fefeshnelmargalip

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 07, 2009, 09:19:36 am »

This is probably the best visualizer there is out there right now. It's currently my personal favorite . Keep up the good work plox.

(And Woah... jonas, I just read your  profile and it says you're norwegian. well so am I : D)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 07, 2009, 11:21:45 am »

OK, I now have a clunky and jerky, but basically functional windmill animation working in the experimental stonesense branch. I'd post a screenshot, but that doesn't really work for showing animation...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 07, 2009, 11:53:17 am »

It does if you make a GIF.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 07, 2009, 02:28:21 pm »

Serious props for drawing flat images on an isometric progression, I know how much of a pain in the ass that is, but some sort of generic engraved image might be better (something that makes all walls and floors consistent, like when you opt not to show specific images in DF).  Either way, the images are small enough that I doubt it would make a huge difference.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 379