Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721399 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5580 on: March 26, 2012, 03:04:09 pm »

Those are dogs.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: March 26, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »

those are mostly dogs. the rightmost animal in the hallway is a cat

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

Those are dogs.

I never realized DF dogs were so... colorful. It makes sense (Everything is a mutt) but I thought at least their faces would match their coat. Interesting, I need to pay more attention to reading their descriptions.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: March 26, 2012, 03:11:08 pm »

I really like new stockpiles.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:04 pm »

Cave-ins?
YEAAH!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: March 26, 2012, 06:33:26 pm »

are the open boxes supposed to be bins? and the things that look like acorns are barrels, right? the sticks on the top right are logs?

I mean no offence, only constructive criticism... right now they don't give the feel of stacked goods on a stockpile, more like a bunch stuff scattered over a wide empty space, maybe if they were made bigger as to fill the tile like in-game??

Maybe bins would look better closed? they give the feel of a toy well for some reason..
Barrels: the sprite on the still looks great, maybe something like that but rotated 90º (standing)? or on its side like that could also work out with a foot stand or something, like in a wine cellar.

I think it was already that way but... the coffins: whenever I built one always tough "why do they look so small?" when seeing them next to a bed in what I think is either a furniture stockpile or a very cluttered dormitory with some dwarves having a mechanism fetish, I can see why: coffins are smaller than beds, maybe I'm thinking about dwarven mausoleums like the dwarf tomb inside moria in the lord of the rings, a big stone coffin should look bulky... not the same size as the bed, but at least as long and only a little thinner.

Great work nevertheless! can't wait to play with this!  :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:45:03 pm by Kaos »

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: March 26, 2012, 07:44:54 pm »

Alright, I think I have job indicators semi-functional for the normal professions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If anyone wants to get a more comprehensive set of icons working, it would be most appreciated.  My current prototype icon sheet can be obtained here, and the full list of professions (in the order they should appear as icons in the sheet) can be found here
where is up?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: March 26, 2012, 08:06:33 pm »

Hmmm.  Do you also have some kind of new feature there that cuts away part of the walls?
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:09 pm »

Hmmm.  Do you also have some kind of new feature there that cuts away part of the walls?

That's what you get when you press 'c'

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:28 pm »

Alright, I think I have job indicators semi-functional for the normal professions:

If anyone wants to get a more comprehensive set of icons working, it would be most appreciated.  My current prototype icon sheet can be obtained here, and the full list of professions (in the order they should appear as icons in the sheet) can be found here.

Hmm...

I'm trying to make the simplest, easiest-to-see icons I can, but they don't look so great when I'm not messing with transparencies and such.

Tell me if you want me to continue in this vein. 

The engraver one has a little bit of transparency, since I just couldn't hold back on that.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: March 26, 2012, 10:07:43 pm »

Looks good to me.

Don't feel married to what I had there already though - it can handle transparency etc. just fine, I was just providing a simple template, so do whatever you think conveys the information best. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:12:34 pm by Caldfir »
where is up?

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:14 pm »

Hello folks say hello to Mr. Clay (no not aiken ;) )

I dunno, I'm pretty pleased  :D

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »

It's hard to tell the difference between the shading of the "top" and the "bottom right" of the clay walls.  It makes it hard to tell where the "edge" is.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:45 pm »

Hmm Mayhaps I need to adjust the light. Back to the drawing board! :)

EDIT: Kohaku, you posed a good point. After some tweaking, I came up with this:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:21:55 pm by cousac »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: March 26, 2012, 11:20:51 pm »

are the open boxes supposed to be bins? and the things that look like acorns are barrels, right? the sticks on the top right are logs?

I mean no offence, only constructive criticism... right now they don't give the feel of stacked goods on a stockpile, more like a bunch stuff scattered over a wide empty space, maybe if they were made bigger as to fill the tile like in-game??

Maybe bins would look better closed? they give the feel of a toy well for some reason..
Barrels: the sprite on the still looks great, maybe something like that but rotated 90º (standing)? or on its side like that could also work out with a foot stand or something, like in a wine cellar.

I think it was already that way but... the coffins: whenever I built one always tough "why do they look so small?" when seeing them next to a bed in what I think is either a furniture stockpile or a very cluttered dormitory with some dwarves having a mechanism fetish, I can see why: coffins are smaller than beds, maybe I'm thinking about dwarven mausoleums like the dwarf tomb inside moria in the lord of the rings, a big stone coffin should look bulky... not the same size as the bed, but at least as long and only a little thinner.

Great work nevertheless! can't wait to play with this!  :D

Draw me new sprites. These ones are terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 379