Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721527 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5430 on: February 28, 2012, 03:06:33 am »

it will not be hardcoded.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:35 am »

Guys, I'm just not sure if the paperdoll is the right thing to do. With all the combinations of clothing and jobs it means thousands of sprites. It also won't be a readable as tilesets, that go by the highest skill. I mean it will be a lot of work, and there will be no way not to make it confusing.

Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: February 28, 2012, 04:07:06 am »

Stonesense already uses paperdolls, and switching between showing equipped stuff and showing highest skill is rediculously easy.

The same paperdolls can be used for both.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:03 am »

Hey Japa, just a question, would it be possible to get the variants to be applied to multiple castes?

So for instance:
Code: [Select]
<variant caste="MALE","MALE1","MALE2" sheetIndex="20" color="bodypart" bodypart="coat" >
    <subsprite sheetIndex="21" color="bodypart" bodypart="hair" />
    <subsprite sheetIndex="23" />
</variant>
Instead of having X copies of the same code with just the castename difference.

If its a HUGE recoding excercise and you're limited for time don't bother with it, i don't think It'll apply to much else than the ponymod at this point.
I just know that adding all the equipment stuff for all 88 of my castes will be a beyatch :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: February 28, 2012, 04:44:49 am »

It's a lot of work on my end, vs some copy-paste-ing on your end.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: February 28, 2012, 05:01:57 am »

yeah, figured as much, no worries :P

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: February 28, 2012, 12:31:24 pm »

Hey Japa, just a question, would it be possible to get the variants to be applied to multiple castes?

So for instance:
Code: [Select]
<variant caste="MALE","MALE1","MALE2" sheetIndex="20" color="bodypart" bodypart="coat" >
    <subsprite sheetIndex="21" color="bodypart" bodypart="hair" />
    <subsprite sheetIndex="23" />
</variant>
Instead of having X copies of the same code with just the castename difference.

If its a HUGE recoding excercise and you're limited for time don't bother with it, i don't think It'll apply to much else than the ponymod at this point.
I just know that adding all the equipment stuff for all 88 of my castes will be a beyatch :D
I'd reccomend grabbing notepad++ and learning the regex (regular expression) search/replace function.  If used correctly, you can search/replace based on complicated criteria in multiple files at once.  It can save an amazing amount of time. 
where is up?

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »

issue is that it takes up far too much ram, both system and video, to be useful.

I need to re-do the entire thing to be more system friendly.

I guess that explains why it works on smaller embarks. 3x2 and presumably smaller seems to work, guess I'll stick with that for now.

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44:28 pm »

Sorry to mess up the thread, but I just used Stonesense for the first time, and it is fucking godly.  Thank you so much for keeping it up. :D

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: March 01, 2012, 07:39:43 pm »

Alright, large sprites are going well I think:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm going to continue trying to round out domestic creatures and underground monsters, with a preference for creatures that don't yet have any sprites (like goats and water buffaloes) and creatures that are very common to see.  I wish I'd sponsored mountain sheep last year, because I really like drawing horns, and that would have been a good excuse to go completely crazy with it.  I tried doing some interesting things with the outlines of the fire imps pulsing red, but it ended up being kinda seizure-inducing. 

I think the style is pretty successful so far - things look decent down to around 64x64.  32x32 ends up being a bit ugly, but most are still recognizable
where is up?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: March 02, 2012, 07:30:25 am »

right now it can only take the material color from the worn item, and I missed pants by accident, but I plan on being able to chose a specific item of clothing for the sprite, which with vanilla DF will be any of these:
Suuuuure, you did. ;)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Axiom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: March 03, 2012, 06:48:30 am »

Okay, coming back to dwarf fortress after a loooooong hiatus, I saw this and it looks COOL. But how in the land of monkeys am I supposed to install this?  I even got the new Lazy Newb Pack and installed it into the graphics folder there and get nothing.

Any ideas? I know I am probably missing something super simple but I am not sure what it is.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: March 03, 2012, 07:29:05 am »

follow the link to dfhack. it has the latest version of stonesense.

Kordanor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: March 03, 2012, 07:43:02 am »

As far as I understood it's not working on bigger embark sites though.
When I tried it a week ago it was loading forever and screwed up Therapist by changing names to "Unknown Unknown".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: March 03, 2012, 07:54:25 am »

It shouldn't be effected by embark size as it only loads a 70x70x5 chunk. However, large embarks take more memory, which could cause problems.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 379