Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719399 times)

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4665 on: February 21, 2011, 08:48:49 am »

Hi guys, good to see the project is still alive and breathing!
Any hints on how to run the old 2.2 version with DF 0.31.19? The thing is, I just need to view a slice of some caves in adventure mode, and i can't seem to find a tool that can do it.
If a new SS release is coming, then I'll patiently wait for it and won't bother you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: February 21, 2011, 09:23:04 am »

Actually, you can get a working version of stonesense right now!

just download these three files, in this order, and use them to replace the ones in your stonesense directory. try running stonesense after each one, and stop when you have it working.

Memory.xml <== If it works with just this, that's the best.

dfhack.dll <== This should only be used if the memory.xml alone doesn't work.

stonesense.exe <== it's unlikely that this will be needed, and there's been lots of changes and bugs, but here it is.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:37 am »

I tried two steps as you said, both time it chrashed. At step 3, along with all files you've provided in the directory, it asked for allegro-5.0 DLLs at the startup. So, seing which of DLLs are needed, I copied them from Isoworld 0.9 (which I use frequently :) ), and it worked! Thanks for the help!

PS: It appears those ancient mountain halls I was looking for are buried deep into the stone along with 20 dwarfs, and the only tunnel leading to another site is barricaded by a one-tile wide wall. I guess it's a tantrum hell down there.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:04 am »

I tried two steps as you said, both time it chrashed. At step 3, along with all files you've provided in the directory, it asked for allegro-5.0 DLLs at the startup. So, seing which of DLLs are needed, I copied them from Isoworld 0.9 (which I use frequently :) ), and it worked! Thanks for the help!

PS: It appears those ancient mountain halls I was looking for are buried deep into the stone along with 20 dwarfs, and the only tunnel leading to another site is barricaded by a one-tile wide wall. I guess it's a tantrum hell down there.

Right then, now that you have tried it out, do you find it to be smoother, than the previous version, or worse?

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: February 21, 2011, 11:18:58 am »

Right then, now that you have tried it out, do you find it to be smoother, than the previous version, or worse?
Key response seems a bit slow, but it connects to DF almost instantly and is smoother overall when scrolling.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4670 on: February 21, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »

Desert and Cave grasses

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took me 3 tries before df didn't crash upon embark.

I've assigned most grasses the first grass sprite. Also, curious fact: grasses are all 100 length on embark.

Also, Japa, I updated my svn map, but the new version didn't show the grasses, did you turn it off somehow?
Another thing, should I just sent you what I've got up till now per e-mail? I thought of just commiting it, but I'm not allowed to.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: February 21, 2011, 01:02:44 pm »

yeah, mail me what you've got.

And I'll see what's up with the grass not showing. I'm kinda working on stuff right now.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 21, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »

okay, got the grasses. just remember, for the special grasses, like the magic ones and cave ones, we defer to the DF raws for color info. this means that cave moss is cyan.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4673 on: February 21, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »

Ah, I thought we would be using the colours vherid came up with?

I mean, switching the colours is easy to me so it's not a problem to change the colours, whether through the grayscale manner or the coloured manner. I just need a bit of clarity.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: February 21, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

Yeah I didn't specify, but yes, when the game describes a non-green color, we go for that.

"We" meaning "I"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: February 21, 2011, 01:47:33 pm »

Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4676 on: February 21, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »

Might need to make this colour a wee bit brighter to work with the normal stonsense stuff.
Next up: eyeballs... Oh god, eyeballs...

EDIT: yes they've got animation frames.

Firgof Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: February 21, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

Awesome.  ETA?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: February 21, 2011, 02:29:44 pm »

Also, I've just noticed that the grass starts looking a lot less chaotic after a few months.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4679 on: February 21, 2011, 02:50:04 pm »

I figured as much.

The grasses start out randomised at 100 length. I noticed that after letting it grow for a bit, the new grasses were related to the grasses around them. So it the long run, or if you start digging/grazing away a whole lot, you'll end up with more clustered grass-types.

As for an ETA, I dunno. You can already get stonesense to work with the new memory xml, but I imagine Japa would want to see how much he can get to work and I myself will need to make at the least 3 other grasses before release.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 379