Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720788 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3555 on: July 20, 2010, 01:20:52 pm »

in that case, read back a page or two, somebody posted one that actually works. I didn't actually test this one, sorry.

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 20, 2010, 01:22:59 pm »

Doesn't work here too. After pressing F9, Sontesense keeps saying "Connecting to DF..." indefinitely.
I tried 3 xmls from diferent links.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:26:07 pm by Granite »

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 20, 2010, 01:25:58 pm »

Doesnt seem to work, when i press connect it starts flashing back to the startscreen
With the pastebin thing, don't copy the text from the main post, that will cause the program to do what you described. Instead scroll down the the edit box called "submit a correction or amendment below" located the bottom of the post and copy-paste from that.

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 20, 2010, 01:29:17 pm »

already tried that.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #3559 on: July 20, 2010, 01:32:02 pm »

Doesn't work here too. After pressing F9, Sontesense keeps saying "Connecting to DF..." indefinitely.

Those memory locations work fine for me (just tried them).  Here's what I did:
- Using Phoebus 0.31.10 for DF (SDL version, otherwise the changes shouldn't matter)
- Download Stonesense Slate RC2 (from the OP)
- Download the Memory.xml file from pastebin, replacing the one in Stonesense's directory
- Start Dwarf Fortress
- Start Stonesense
- Load my fort
- Press F9
- It works!

Edit:  Starting Dwarf Fortress and Stonesense can be done in any order, but you have to Load a Fort before you Press F9.  I don't actually know if it will break completely if you don't, but it definitely won't work (there's no data loaded for it to possibly work on).

If it still doesn't work, are you using the SDL version or the Legacy version?  (I'm pretty sure you need the SDL version for that Memory.xml)

Do you have a fort loaded?  (If you have, don't be mad, it's come up several times in the past several thousand replies in this thread).

Doesnt seem to work, when i press connect it starts flashing back to the startscreen
With the pastebin thing, don't copy the text from the main post, that will cause the program to do what you described. Instead scroll down the the edit box called "submit a correction or amendment below" located the bottom of the post and copy-paste from that.

Or choose 'Download Raw' under 'Paste Actions' and save over the previous file (that's what I did).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:37:22 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 20, 2010, 02:05:15 pm »

I also had trouble copying and pasting the memory.xml stuff and getting it to work (kept getting the flashing screen). Luckily the lazy newb pack thing has a copy of stonesense that works with .10

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:49 pm »

Wait, are those walls being displayed half-height? Because just a few days ago I was thinking how that would be a really useful feature to view inside areas.

Awesome, can't wait to try it.

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 20, 2010, 06:55:57 pm »

I think it would be a good feature for stonesense to exit gracefully if I exit out of my fort before closing Stonesense instead of throwing up an exception and crashing.
Just saying. ;)

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3563 on: July 21, 2010, 12:28:39 am »

Wait, are those walls being displayed half-height? Because just a few days ago I was thinking how that would be a really useful feature to view inside areas.

Awesome, can't wait to try it.
You can do that in the current version too :) Default key for the function is "C"

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 21, 2010, 02:03:20 am »

- Using Phoebus 0.31.10 for DF (SDL version, otherwise the changes shouldn't matter)
- Download the Memory.xml file from pastebin, replacing the one in Stonesense's directory
- Start Dwarf Fortress
- Start Stonesense
- Load my fort
- Press F9
- It works!

Edit:  Starting Dwarf Fortress and Stonesense can be done in any order, but you have to Load a Fort before you Press F9.  I don't actually know if it will break completely if you don't, but it definitely won't work (there's no data loaded for it to possibly work on).

If it still doesn't work, are you using the SDL version or the Legacy version?  (I'm pretty sure you need the SDL version for that Memory.xml)

Do you have a fort loaded?  (If you have, don't be mad, it's come up several times in the past several thousand replies in this thread).

Ok. Followed all those steps, just to be sure that I had not skipped anything, and now Stonesense is flashing between the opening screen and that "Connecting to DF" screen, instead of only displaying "Connecting to DF..."

Oh, and the log contains a lot of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 21, 2010, 02:21:29 am »

Ok, reporting a bug:
Downloaded Lazy Newb Pack to get its Stonesense copy, and then the program loaded normally.
However, after going to the well, where there are some dwarves and animals around it, Stonesense crashes, and the same happens if I hit F9 while focused close to the same well.

the DF screen:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:30:51 am by Granite »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 21, 2010, 02:22:32 am »

save, please.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 21, 2010, 02:45:44 am »

I think it would be a good feature for stonesense to exit gracefully if I exit out of my fort before closing Stonesense instead of throwing up an exception and crashing.
Just saying. ;)

Or closing by itself and hanging my DF while saving, violently screwing my save.
But hey, I just found the most triumphant spot to build a overground underground hybrid fortress.
I'll find another. I'm just glad it's working now.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 21, 2010, 02:50:32 am »

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 21, 2010, 09:15:50 am »

- Start Dwarf Fortress
- Start Stonesense
- Load my fort
- Press F9
- It works!

Ok. Followed all those steps, just to be sure that I had not skipped anything, and now Stonesense is flashing between the opening screen and that "Connecting to DF" screen, instead of only displaying "Connecting to DF..."

Oh, and the log contains a lot of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well my pastebin dump of my memory.xml has worked for some as well; http://pastebin.ca/1902778 , another thing to bear in mind use a decent notepad like notepad++ rather than windoze one, oh and im using the sdl version not legacy, so theres not legacy mem loc's in my xml.
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 379