Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720804 times)

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3540 on: July 18, 2010, 12:51:44 pm »

That stone looks absolutely brilliant.  Even a partial release would be awesome!
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 18, 2010, 02:19:26 pm »

Holy damn Japa... you are a programming beast! I'll start to do my own XMLs from here on in.

If that new save doesn't work, you can gen a world with Moss by generating a world with at least one ruins, and letting the game run for about 1,000 years or so

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #3542 on: July 18, 2010, 03:25:58 pm »

I suppose you could instead code the engine to learn to recognize the edges of 2D graphics, and draw a shaded border along it as needed that would work as well, but that sounds like it could be a pain to code.

Does Allegro 4.9 allow for pixel/fragment shaders?  That would be a (relatively) easy way to problematically generate the bold borders.

Note that this is without looking at exactly how Stonesense does it's thing.  It might easily be harder, even if Allegro supports it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 18, 2010, 07:26:15 pm »

Those new tiles are really good!

I'm currently building a clear glass pyramid in 31.10 and in stonesense this is how it looks:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have tried changing the floor sprites to ice to try and fix it, but I don't really know what I'm doing and was hoping someone here would know what to do.
 So any ideas how to make those walls and floors look more like the glass?
I would expect its some problem my end as I have seen some great shots of glass buildings in stonesense.

I can't use OpenGL mode for some reason, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 07:28:37 pm by s20dan »

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3544 on: July 19, 2010, 02:03:11 am »

Oh wooow blood is finally in. I love you all so much. That screenshot looks incredible.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 19, 2010, 04:31:32 am »

The picture that had enough blood to launch a thousand ships. Hehe. Gruesomely fantastic.

---

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 19, 2010, 02:56:53 pm »

Is there anywhere to get a more stable snapshot of the stonesense source? SVN is currently unbuildable for a few different reasons, some cross-platform and some linux-specific. If not, I'm posting this here so others can follow my fixes as far as they go:

Block.cpp:308: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR&’ from a temporary of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’
GUI.h:56: error: in passing argument 1 of ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR partialBlend(ALLEGRO_COLOR&, ALLEGRO_COLOR&, int)’

fixed that one by changing partialBlend to take ALLEGRO_COLOR parameters by value instead of by reference, slight performance hit there.

GUI.cpp:362: error: ‘itoa’ was not declared in this scope
this one is probably an issue specific to my build environment, I just got rid of the call and printed out b->occ.whole as an integer, I can do the bit math in my head for now.

VegetationConfiguration.cpp:7:27: error: spriteObjects.h: No such file or directory
spriteObjects.h is actually named SpriteObjects.h, note the capital S

Linking CXX executable ../stonesense
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lallegro_flac

this, along with -lallegro_vorbis elsewhere, is deprecated with recent Allegro5. allegro_acodec replaced all of the audio specific libraries. Fixed the appropriate line in CMakeLists then re-ran cmake.

Linking CXX executable ../stonesense
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldfhack-debug

This one has me stumped. I have some libraries (possibly for windows) in ../dfhack/, but nowhere do I have a *dfhack-debug*.a or .so

I hope this helps someone, and that in turn someone can help me on that last one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:06:34 pm by sparr »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 19, 2010, 08:04:39 pm »

Well, I'm now back in business, so I should be able to start with fixing that stuff.

regarding DFhack, You'd have to build it yourself, methinks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:52 pm »

right, so I got it to compile properly using MSVC, so compiling it on linux should be easier now.

libes used are:

dfhack 4.0.2
allegro 4.9.21

make sure you got both of those installed before trying to build stonsense.

danielbln

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 20, 2010, 07:50:48 am »

I've built allegro-4.9, dfhack 0.4.0.2 and the current stonesense just fine. The following problem I could not solve though:

Code: [Select]
:~/Desktop/stonesense$ ./stonesense
stonesense: /home/xxxx/Desktop/allegro-4.9/src/mousenu.c:316: al_set_system_mouse_cursor: Assertion `display' failed.
Aborted

Any ideas?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:43 am »

I.... really don't know, actually. have you tried running the allegro examples? do they work?

danielbln

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: July 20, 2010, 09:10:41 am »

I removed the line from moousenu.c, recompiled and reinstalled allegro. Now stonesense starts but hangs on "Connecting to DF..." no matter if I run DF or not. Oh well, I'll be doing a more systematic approach after work.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: July 20, 2010, 12:17:29 pm »

Is there a .10 version yet  ?
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: July 20, 2010, 01:03:02 pm »

http://pastebin.com/179Tw0F1

replace the contents of the memory.xml with this

should work.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: July 20, 2010, 01:14:01 pm »

Doesnt seem to work, when i press connect it starts flashing back to the startscreen
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 379