Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720510 times)

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3420 on: June 18, 2010, 11:35:47 am »

I was thinking cheetahs were smaller, with leopards being the middle ground. Well, the only difference is their size, so it's just a matter of assigning the correct sprite to each one. I also changed the skin tones a bit, as suggested, and added a cougar while I was at it (just removed the spots from the leopard, actually).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The generic colors are enough for me, color variants are too much trouble. if anyone else wants to add them, go ahead.

Also, that blood looks amazing. The corridors of my fortress shall run red. Blood for the blood god!

Only quibble: Head on Cheetah is same size as the others and with the smaller body it just looks weird. Other than that, awesome awesome awesome.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:44 pm »

Only quibble: Head on Cheetah is same size as the others and with the smaller body it just looks weird. Other than that, awesome awesome awesome.

Yeah I thought the same, makes it look somewhat like a child, but I couldn't make the head any smaller without making it unrecognizable. I might try to fix that again someday.

Anyway, I made a few more. Unfortunately the only wildlife around my fortress is elephants, and the hippies haven't brought me any of these yet, so I don't know how they look in-game (it's the first fortress I'm playing in this version). Tomorrow I might do some exploratory embarks and try to see how they look.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 19, 2010, 07:55:56 am »

Arena mode is highly recommended for testing animals.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #3423 on: June 19, 2010, 12:22:12 pm »

Still with problems building under Linux:

gabriel@Iridio:/opt/df_linux/stonesense/build$ make
[  4%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/Block.cpp.o
In file included from /opt/df_linux/stonesense/Block.h:3,
                 from /opt/df_linux/stonesense/Block.cpp:1:
/opt/df_linux/stonesense/common.h:34:27: error: modules/world.h: No such file or directory
/opt/df_linux/stonesense/Block.cpp: In member function ‘void Block::Draw()’:
/opt/df_linux/stonesense/Block.cpp:463: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR&’ from a temporary of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’
/opt/df_linux/stonesense/GUI.h:56: error: in passing argument 1 of ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR partialBlend(ALLEGRO_COLOR&, ALLEGRO_COLOR&, int)’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/Block.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Insalled Allegro 4.9.19 and still got that.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 19, 2010, 12:51:52 pm »

I'm still getting a flashing screen when I try to use stonesense and this is with the latest SDL DF version that just came out.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 19, 2010, 01:05:09 pm »

I'm still getting a flashing screen when I try to use stonesense and this is with the latest SDL DF version that just came out.

Someone has to make a new memory .xml for Stonesense to work with .07 EDIT: NOW .08
Considering I just woke up to find that .07 .08 even exists, I naturally assume everyone should have done all the compatibility fixes already.
What a bunch of slackers :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:38:03 am by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: June 19, 2010, 05:14:52 pm »

Arena mode is highly recommended for testing animals.

Right, completely forgot about the arena. I tried them now, but it seems the bears and deer already have sprites. Which is strange, because I checked the creatures folder before making them, and couldn't find any sprites for those animals. What am I missing here, are they hardcoded in the program somehow?

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: June 20, 2010, 03:09:11 am »

There's a separate creatures.png file in the main Stonesense folder.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3428 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:27 am »

I double checked... I ran DF in admin mode, I ran Stonesense in admin mode, I had my fort loaded up and on the screen, and I still get 'Stonesense has stopped working' immediately upon running the .exe

A blank window pops up titled 'Allegro' and then seconds after the 'Stonesense has stopped working' window pops up.

Does it have anything to do with where the DF and/or Stonesense folders are located on my computer?

Edit - I am using the most current DF (.6) and I have the SDL version, not legaacy

Have you tried changing the render in the init file? The default is OpenGL, but i think it might be worth a shot trying DirectX or software rendering too.

Edit: Here's a Memory.xml that should work with .08 and .07 (untested) There seems to be some issues with the latest memory files, I'm gonna look into this.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:18:06 am by jonask84 »

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:16 am »

I double checked... I ran DF in admin mode, I ran Stonesense in admin mode, I had my fort loaded up and on the screen, and I still get 'Stonesense has stopped working' immediately upon running the .exe

A blank window pops up titled 'Allegro' and then seconds after the 'Stonesense has stopped working' window pops up.

Does it have anything to do with where the DF and/or Stonesense folders are located on my computer?

Edit - I am using the most current DF (.6) and I have the SDL version, not legaacy

Have you tried changing the render in the init file? The default is OpenGL, but i think it might be worth a shot trying DirectX or software rendering too.

Edit: Here's a Memory.xml that should work with .08 and .07 (untested)
Tried that memory xml, still get the flashing screen after hitting f9.
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:58 am »

Same here for me, just downloaded DF 08 and stonesense, genned a world and embarked. First try stonesense just crashed, so i switched to DirectX mode. In DirectX mode it runs but it doesnt connect to DF even with the new xml
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #3431 on: June 21, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »

I've played DF a few times today and Stonesense mostly works, but sometimes just cannot connect, even quitting and restarting both DF and SS doesnt help, but logging off or rebooting seems to always get it working again. (Win7)

Ratboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 22, 2010, 06:51:39 am »

Okay, this memory.xml should work for 31_08. I've briefly tested it on my game and it seems okay.

http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/349519
It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, consistency is the key.

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:42 am »

Works for me.
I have a suggestion to, do you think it is possible to get the DF notifications in stonesense ? that would make it a lot cooler (and convient since is only have 2 screens)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:37:45 am by sjaakwortel »
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 22, 2010, 02:53:41 pm »

Okay, this memory.xml should work for 31_08. I've briefly tested it on my game and it seems okay.

http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/349519
Works for me as well. I've gone ahead and packed it into my LazyNewb pack. So hopefully it wont set peoples computers on fire.

EDIT:
For the ULTRA LAZY, here is Stonesense Pre-installed with .08 support:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2562
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:09:34 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 379