Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1704842 times)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - NEW VERSION OUT RIGHT NOW: Stonesense Granite
« Reply #2040 on: December 18, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »

I think Stonesense might have a problem with snatched children.
OK, here is what I can do: There are flags for "this tile is occupied" and "this tile is occupied by someone lying down" (I assume theres two because they have different effects on movement and pathfinding). Thus I can at least check there is actually someone there before drawing the creatures.

However, if there's someone else standing on the tile the ghost-child is in, they may still wind up being drawn. I could get more hacky about it, but we'd be getting to a point of diminishing returns, and there has to be some way of getting the information properly that we're missing...

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2041 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:13 pm »

Is there a way to tell apart smooth and engraved stone in the XMLs yet? And what about stone and block constructed walls? Carved, stone and block fortifications?
~ T

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: December 18, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »

I'd suspect their is a flag on the creature data that's recording if its captured or in some way invisible, Peterix has studied the create data extensively if anyone can solve it he can.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:35 pm »

...you know, it could be coded to rely on allegiance information for that. Would be a bit clunky but possible. Or some isContainedIn pointer (dubious) that points to an item, or is null.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - NEW VERSION OUT RIGHT NOW: Stonesense Granite
« Reply #2044 on: December 18, 2009, 10:49:51 pm »

Yes, the problem is that we have no way to distinguish a non-present, kidnapped child from an actual present child. So its either draw extra children or none.

This same problem came up in Dwarf Therapist, where kidnapped children were still showing up in the interface. I do believe Chmod eventually found the flag that denotes kidnapped status, if ye want to send him a message.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: December 18, 2009, 10:54:33 pm »

Is there a way to tell apart smooth and engraved stone in the XMLs yet? And what about stone and block constructed walls? Carved, stone and block fortifications?
You can distinguish between three states
natural rough
natural 'detailed' (smoothed or engraved- cant tell the difference)
constructed (can tell material, but not whether block or rough)

I think the block/rough division is based on object lookups, and the smooth/engraved is based on whatever data it uses to store the actual engraving. Both of these are in the too hard basket right now.

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 19, 2009, 05:17:32 am »

Not sure if it's a known issue or not, but if I remove an area of stockpile, the corresponding stockpile display in Stonesense does not disappear (this is with an outdoor refuse pile).

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: December 19, 2009, 05:21:57 am »

well, 'piles and zones are the only "buildings" that can change size and shape arbitrarily while they exist, so...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 19, 2009, 06:17:38 am »

Not sure if it's a known issue or not, but if I remove an area of stockpile, the corresponding stockpile display in Stonesense does not disappear (this is with an outdoor refuse pile).
Hmm... must have lost my fix for that at some stage. Try this in the stockpile.xml:

Code: [Select]
<building name="Stockpile" gameID="stockpile">
<if>
<BuildingOccupancy value="2" />
<sprite index = 322 />
</if>
<else>
<empty/>
</else>
</building>

Cant do the same for zones, unfortunately

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 19, 2009, 07:38:15 am »

Works great, thanks for that.

Also changing the sprite index to 166 works nicely for me; this uses the full tile shadow to represent the stockpile which matches better to Mayday's graphics set.  Personal choice though.

Edit:  Actually, 365 works even better:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:53:01 am by Khalan »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: December 19, 2009, 12:34:38 pm »

Well I figure I'm not the only one with dragonmen as a fortress race so I might as well post this so others can use it if they are so inclined.  These all used 7c Nickel's humans as a base, the civilians being most obvious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1st and 3rd rows are civilians, only distinguishable by shirt color. 2nd row is military,  20/21 Recruit and Wrestler 22/23 Swordsman 24/25 Spearman (With 2H Lance and full helm) 26/27 Badly drawn marksman with green dyed leather. 28/29 Fortress guard in blue dyed leather wielding a club. 30/31 Sheriff or CotG(which doesn't seem to work)  60/61 are catch all high nobles (baron, king, queen ect)  Oh and first one of a set is male, 2nd is female.  The child has no distinguishable gender.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 19, 2009, 01:20:59 pm »

Dragon lance draconians!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 19, 2009, 03:23:22 pm »

More or less yea.  Though more just general D&D half-dragons then the draconians with all their unusual abilities (like turning to stone or exploding on death).

In middle school I came up with a whole detailed background culture and abilities for them and had them as a playable race in a AD&D campaign I put together.  Then I got older and discovered the internet and realized that everybody and their mother have a humanoid dragon variant of some kind put together.   The culture is why there is only sprites for sword spear x-bow and club users.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 19, 2009, 05:01:32 pm »

Do you have a thread for it? I wanna try it. >_>

I like the primitive races mods, because I have hard time with the intricacies of the Dwarfs! D: 

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 19, 2009, 07:15:30 pm »

No not really, I always figured there would be a lack of interest.  I suppose I could zip everything I have up and stick it on DFFD though.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 379