Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462935 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2145 on: January 23, 2010, 07:29:43 pm »

Scratchpad wiki-labs has a funny disclaimer for 18+ articles.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2146 on: January 23, 2010, 10:58:21 pm »

Furthermore, despite taking a mini-vacation from town tomorrow or day after, I'm not going to be around here for a few days. Looks like I'm going to miss some antics around these parts, as well as more time to work on Bloodfist.

I'm just losing this race against the next release, at this rate.

Add to it, it looks like I'll return in the morning of a work day. Fun. :P

MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!! CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Good: Things have worked out for the better (See- Happy)

Bad: I still got a ton of crap about my appearance and attitude for going out (going to bars/taverns and other places and picking up women (with help from my brother), or at least attempting to hook me up with someone; one of the plans for the time out; frikkin' advice from family. :P I hate it.) and all that. Even a spur of fridge logic I picked up about on something my sister said earlier infuriated her and my mother after I got a haircut (which also makes me sad. More got cut than I wanted; and everyone prefers it short. I like it longer, I feel more my age; I only wanted my hair out of my eyes.). Let's just say, when you reverse logic back to women (where it actually makes sense and challenges their logic), they'll make you fear getting castrated by them. My lack of that fear pissed them off even more. Would that qualify as a mistake? I have no idea.

Anyway, the change of plans actually made it all seem nothing happened (which is pretty bad; when it turns out I'm no longer disappearing for a few days, attempting to socialize; I get crap moments ago, and they deny they gave me any.). Well, I got me more information I didn't expect to obtain in some time (proving that asking my family for advice on how to get a date or anything related to the subject, as well as challenging their experience and advice with my (giant list of) personal failures, is a berserk button; I gotta remember not to trigger it again). Why do I get the feeling I'm becoming more right (with my cynicism) as time passes? My only real problem is obtaining the proof I need to defend me 100% on my issues, and that my New Year's resolution is still damn awesome. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:12:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: January 24, 2010, 12:53:54 am »

Well, sleep paralysis only involves not being able to move, right? No searing agony or such? So if you know what it is, it goes from "OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON" to "Oh wait I guess I have sleep paralysis. This is pretty weird."

I'm late to the party, so what?

Anyway, it's not quite like that.
When somebody quickly wakes you up in the middle of sleep, are you fully coherent? I would say most likely not. So your not really aware it's just some weird thing.
I've had sleep paralysis like at least twenty times (every time with hallucinations of all the things I fear most, fun) and it's not exactly pleasant. Nowadays I can just shrug it off and go back to sleep (must be all the practice) though.

Still, ain't it fun when you wake up in the middle of the night and see (and feel, sometimes you can actually feel them too) a hand grabbing your foot and pulling you under you bed?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:29 am »

I just listened to a song on VG song on Youtube, and i said to myself "Another song that i'm going going to remember sometime time in the future, but i'll have forgotten were it came from."

That thought made me really sad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:25 am »

I need money to buy back the childhood I missed.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: January 24, 2010, 12:07:11 pm »

I just got verbally abused by two seperate groups of 12-14 year-olds on my way home from a friend's house.

Goddammit, it's only a bloody mile!

I Hate children

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 24, 2010, 12:16:32 pm »

Well, sleep paralysis only involves not being able to move, right? No searing agony or such? So if you know what it is, it goes from "OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON" to "Oh wait I guess I have sleep paralysis. This is pretty weird."

When somebody quickly wakes you up in the middle of sleep, are you fully coherent? I would say most likely not. So your not really aware it's just some weird thing.
I've had sleep paralysis like at least twenty times (every time with hallucinations of all the things I fear most, fun) and it's not exactly pleasant. Nowadays I can just shrug it off and go back to sleep (must be all the practice) though.

Still, ain't it fun when you wake up in the middle of the night and see (and feel, sometimes you can actually feel them too) a hand grabbing your foot and pulling you under you bed?

He's right, the hallucinations when you're sleep-paralyzed/LDing during very light sleep can be terrifying, even if you know they're not real.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: January 24, 2010, 02:47:00 pm »

Hey guys, I'm just talking to Chaoticag and his internet is being a bitch. So let me quote him:

5:43 PM - [DFC]Chaoticag: Could you put a post on the sad thread that I can't access the forums, due to my internet slowing down to an ungodly slow pace?

I hate when my internet is fucking slow too. I pay for a 2mbit link and they make me download crap at 5kb/s wtf?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 24, 2010, 02:58:27 pm »

He's right, the hallucinations when you're sleep-paralyzed/LDing during very light sleep can be terrifying, even if you know they're not real.

Ironically, I got hit by it five times consecutively this morning after I woke from a nightmare.
Do you know how annoying that is? Every time I fought off one, another one started up.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 24, 2010, 07:30:19 pm »

I'm one of those people who enjoy nightmares. Then again, I'm a bit of a thrill-seeker when it comes to emperical sensations. Does anyone else enjoy nightmares? The best way I could explain it is you get to go through all those intense feelings and experience how you would react to them, with little to no thought that it's not real and you get to metaphorically 'savescum' back to normal. If, at some point I realize it isn't real, I usually phase into waking up, which interestingly enough I fight to get back into it, but that makes for the ridiculous feeling of wanting to play in your imagination, as the automatic story part is gone.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: January 24, 2010, 08:53:32 pm »

My new favourite swordsdwarf-in-training was incapacitated by a light wound to the spine. Damnit.

That and I know I am going to fail the Maths test I have tomorrow. Which is a mock test of my GCSE, and therefore very important. Shit.

On the subject of sleep terror, I always used to feel something moving on top of the covers whenever I closed my eyes, but when I looked there was never anything there. The sheer paranoia usually kept me up for an extra 15 minutes.
I usually wake up from a dream trying to step forwards, while lying down. It's one of the oddest feelings I know.
Also, most of my dreams lately have featured a man with no face. Everything is going fine, and then suddenly I glimpse him out of the corner of my eye. Then random things and people sudden flip into Nightmare Fuel and no-one else notices it, all the while a distorted, echoing voice repeats;
"Yesterday, upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today
Oh I do wish he'd go away."
In a rather disturbing manner. Then the faceless man smiles, and reality cracks asunder. Thankfully, most of the dreams end at this point.
The poem is from somewhere on TVtropes, which I should really stop reading before going to sleep.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: January 24, 2010, 08:57:23 pm »

School, fuuuucckkk... I just realized I have two assignments due tomorrow before I get my study hall, and don't have either of the books home to do them.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 24, 2010, 09:04:53 pm »

I have been rewriting notes for the last 4 hours and I still dont think Im going to make it as I still have a whole other set of complex questions I need to awnser plus I need to get my printer working to print both.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: January 24, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

Oh God! My pictures! They're gone! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Bugger. Ah well, new avatar time. This'll affect my story though.

EDIT: My account's still there. What the hell? What's with this? Ah well, easily fixed.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 25, 2010, 12:08:09 am »

I was recently reminded of a time when I got a succession save a year early and found my perfect dwarf, then when I finally got the up to date save they were a champion...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 8167