Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9464584 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2100 on: January 21, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

So wait, are you a masochist or something? Because you come across that way.

Or, better yet, a Slaneeshii cultist?
experiencing great pain/strange happenings are a feeling that is too good to pass up.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 21, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »

I've had sleep paralysis before.
I always attributed it to extreme apathy.
And that may still be the case.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 21, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »

Well, sleep paralysis only involves not being able to move, right? No searing agony or such? So if you know what it is, it goes from "OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON" to "Oh wait I guess I have sleep paralysis. This is pretty weird."

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:33 pm »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:19:29 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 21, 2010, 09:11:51 pm »

Well, sleep paralysis only involves not being able to move, right? No searing agony or such? So if you know what it is, it goes from "OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON" to "Oh wait I guess I have sleep paralysis. This is pretty weird."

Yeah. It's the possibly nightmarish hallucinations I really could do without.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 21, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »

So wait, are you a masochist or something? Because you come across that way.

Or, better yet, a Slaneeshii cultist?
Woah! Just becuase I want to experience sleep paralysis Im suddenly some sort of demented freak?

Also whats a Salamishi cultist?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 21, 2010, 09:13:48 pm »

Yeah but you risk having nightmarish hallucinations every time you sleep. I mean, it's just a nightmare, people have them all the time. Only this time you know it's fake so you can just be "chill", as the youth of today say.

I guess a really realistic one would be scary though.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2107 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:04 pm »

Well, I just got home from work, an HOUR after I was supposed to be closed.

Add to it, I do believe the local IQ average in my town depleted by at least 50 points. Too many stupid questions from my customers; after being closed, and having one of the machines soaking for cleaning in a moment, gorram my kindness, I did a quick-cleanup, and served them 5 minutes after closing, then had to spend another 15 minutes cleaning the gorram machine.

Work, for 1 day of the entire week, for 5 hours, was the most hell I've endured... again. I fucking hate my job, but unfortunately, I have no faith another job will appear, even after applying to the freelancer job search site. And I also got more crap about my position in my life, from one of my sisters that's lazier than I am, and she quit her job recently too. And I'm getting crap from her?! :facepalm:

Hell, an off-topic I had in conversation, I tried explaining how I speak in context, she kept providing examples against my claim which actually supported it even more; and I even over-simplified it, and she still didn't get it.

As much a blessing it feels sometimes, it's more of a curse when you think about it. I hate being the only smart guy in my town.

EDIT:
Right, add to it, I lost an hour to spend reclaiming Bloodfist tonight. I'm going to sleep in on purpose this time tonight (still night-owling it though).

EDIT EDIT:
GOR-RAM IT!!! Fringe is on right now, and I already missed too much of it. I'll have to watch the recording tomorrow then, I guess.

I've also noticed that I've been curing God out, in both the full GD and Firefly slang version alot. Especially after/during work. I'm gonna kick God or any of His angels asses if that would, for a very superficial reason, cast me into Hell post-mortem. Apparently the term: Frustration, has lost meaning in the afterlife.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
What. The. Fuck.

Apparently I won't be getting anything done this weekend, nor next week. It turns out tomorrow is another mass cleaning day, and my brother is going to visit all week starting tomorrow. Just got news tonight, of all times. :headdesk: :headdesk: :headdesk:

Simply, so much for sleeping in, getting any work done on the Bloodfist anytime soon, and I guarantee myself getting more talks regarding my position in life because I'm turning 40 25 in a couple weeks from yet ANOTHER family member. I welcome death if it ever comes; this is just bullshit now.

I'm just going to do nothing all next month, and to Hell with the consequences.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:54:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 21, 2010, 09:15:12 pm »

It's just you've mentioned before that you want to experience things most people could live with not experiencing. I don't really think you're a masochist.

Also, a Slaneeshii cultist is from Warhammer 40k (oh, and I spelt it wrong). They're desperate to feel sensations, any sensations and will go to any length to feel something new, no matter how horrific.

Yeah but you risk having nightmarish hallucinations every time you sleep. I mean, it's just a nightmare, people have them all the time. Only this time you know it's fake so you can just be "chill", as the youth of today say.

I guess a really realistic one would be scary though.

Vividly hallucination monsters in my room while paralyzed whilst knowing full well I'm awake and that this is in fact a hallucination, is not something I ever want to have to go through ever

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:40 pm »

It's just you've mentioned before that you want to experience things most people could live with not experiencing. I don't really think you're a masochist.

Also, a Slaneeshii cultist is from Warhammer 40k (oh, and I spelt it wrong). They're desperate to feel sensations, any sensations and will go to any length to feel something new, no matter how horrific.
But life would be boring if you were always feeling the same sensations over and over.

Vividly hallucination monsters in my room while paralyzed whilst knowing full well I'm awake and that this is in fact a hallucination, is not something I ever want to have to go through ever
You would be seeing all kinds of interesting things...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 21, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »

What the heck do you do for a living Itnetlolor? and how can you survive on working one day a week for only 5 hours?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2111 on: January 21, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

What the heck do you do for a living Itnetlolor? and how can you survive on working one day a week for only 5 hours?
I got at least an A.S. Degree in Graphic Design, and just as I graduated, every job relevant has disappeared in an instant. The current state of the job market doesn't help.

I'm stuck having to work at the local food market behind a deli counter in a town full of morons that don't understand that buy 1 get 1 free essentially means that everything is half-price, no matter what. Not only that, but there's no sense of humanity I can detect in anyone from what I've observed. I mean, just because you're vacationing or living here does not entitle you to not use your gorram brain.

I've been looking all around the place for better work, more hours, better pay, or any job relevant to what I've spent my time and money in college for. I might as well bend over, and remain that way for eternity, because, with how things are looking these days, I'm moving nowhere in life; and I might as well accept it. No job is available.

And to further explain how my work place has reduced hours to damn-near nothing; I think the stock for the company is just dropping. Or somebody is siphoning hours from the store. Or our managers are just being unfair. I'm just waiting to get laid off.

Short story is, what do I do for a living? Surviving.

It's a gorram miracle I can still access my computer and pay my bills.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:06:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 21, 2010, 10:06:45 pm »

Gorram?

Well, I'm not sure where you live Lolor, but is it possible to move to somewhere where the job market is more hospitable?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2113 on: January 21, 2010, 10:08:21 pm »

Gorram?

Well, I'm not sure where you live Lolor, but is it possible to move to somewhere where the job market is more hospitable?
It's the slang-equivalent from Firefly to cursing God out. I've been using it alot lately. I think the stress is getting the best of me. Even with fewer days (and maybe for the same reason).

Anyway, the irony is that I can't afford to move somewhere, and I don't think the job market is any better anywhere else nearby even if I could afford to.

All I can really do is wait, and hope some bizarre miracle happens, and pulls me out of this financial bother somehow. It's got a reputation of being late, or happening at an inappropriate time where it loses meaning.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:37:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 21, 2010, 11:23:57 pm »

But life would be boring if you were always feeling the same sensations over and over.

I think you may be missing the point here. Setting yourself on fire is a sensation. Cutting off your testicles with a red-hot knife is a sensation. Cutting yourself and rubbing vinegar into the wound is a sensation.

Sure, life is boring when you feel the same sensations over and over but there's a limit.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 8167