Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471543 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1920 on: January 18, 2010, 06:12:09 pm »

Tell your friend to pronounce it AWSHTRAHLEEYA and promise him he won't get the shit beaten out of him for it.

Do not mention my name.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 18, 2010, 06:27:38 pm »

Fuck it's suddenly cold for some reason here! What the hell is going on!?

And yes. AWSHTRELIEEYA is a very, very bad way to pronounce it. However, I shall be lenient, as I pronounce California as 'California' and not CAARLIFORNYA.

Edit: And wireless is down. Sadface :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:30:40 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 18, 2010, 06:30:03 pm »

We don't care what you call California. Go around pronouncing it CAULIFLOWRNIA if you want, it's just gonna sink into the ocean eventually anyhow.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1923 on: January 18, 2010, 06:59:30 pm »

And then I will be the richest real-estate developer in the world! MUA HA HA HA!

Go watch the original Superman movie you philistines.

Gosh I'm weird and mean right now I'm sorry everyone :C
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 18, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »

We don't care what you call California. Go around pronouncing it CAULIFLOWRNIA if you want, it's just gonna sink into the ocean eventually anyhow.

And when that day comes, I will be the angriest man on both land AND sea.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:26:28 pm by WorkerDrone »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 18, 2010, 07:18:53 pm »

The solution is obvious.

Slowly convert your house into a boat.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:35 pm »

The solution is obvious.

Holland have been doing that for a while.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:20 pm »

The solution is obvious.

Holland have been doing that for a while.

Except they are skipping boat and going directly to submarine.
 Unfortunately, our own efforts to make an underwater city ended in failure last time a Hurricane came 'round.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:50 pm »

I just ranted about how i always talk to myself.

To myself.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1929 on: January 18, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »

After watching Avatar, I got a lecture again about my position in life; and as usual, all my defenses stating I understand, I'm aware, etc. of where I am in life, my age, and the state of the world and such, apparently don't seem to work.

Ugh. Thank God I'm used to being muted. It just makes it easier for me to be stealthy I guess. At least I learned how to be a non-verbal communicator thanks to not being heard by people, regardless the volume of my voice, or the amount of thought put into my speaking.

I guess all I can say is; once I eventually snap, my actions will definitely speak louder than any words. One dominant one is the most ironic, yet most potent: ignorance. Nobody IRL would listen to me, I am deaf to them. I'll handle the consequences myself. At least I CAN take responsibility for my actions, regardless the crap situations I'm cornered into 99.99% of the time; unlike alot of the people I'm stuck dealing with that usually don't, and blame me for their problems.

Why can't anyone understand Gestalts these days? There's more to things than the collection of what you see. Or as it's better known: "The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.".

I mean, what everybody sees in me is a lazy person that spends a majority of his life on his computer, and not doing anything with his life, and has no intention to move forward and grow up (despite my muted statements stating otherwise). Yeah, that's like 0.01% of what I'm actually going through on a daily basis. :facepalm:

But yeah, like I said, I remain ignored by people IRL, I'll ignore them. I have a reactive personality; I behave just how someone treats me. Instead of "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.", I operate more along the line of "Do unto others AS they do unto you.". I'm the kind of person that takes someone's karma, and makes it bite them in the ass. I've been "The Nice Guy" for too damn long in my life, and I'm thoroughly sick of it. I have yet to get my lifetime reward for my effort. Where's my prize God? If a warm fuzzy feeling is all I get, then I feel gypped.

I just ranted about how i always talk to myself.

To myself.
I do the same sometimes. Usually to break the 4th wall as well with life. If Heaven and Hell and the government are watching me; let's give them a show.

Movie was good, but that talk for the n-th time on the way back pissed me off big time. I speak the same language fluently, but I am never understood. That always makes me sad. More the fact that there's no way around it; unless I can telepathically transfer memories and whatnot; but that's merely fantasy.

EDIT:
Bleh, movie popcorn is taking effect now. Stomach isn't too pleased with me, and I only ate half a large bag.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:29:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:40 pm »

I've been "The Nice Guy" for too damn long in my life, and I'm thoroughly sick of it. I have yet to get my lifetime reward for my effort. Where's my prize God? If a warm fuzzy feeling is all I get, then I feel gypped.

Always being nice to people lets them walk all over you, and always being an asshole makes people hate you. A good balance is rather hard to find.

After watching Avatar, I got a lecture again about my position in life; and as usual, all my defenses stating I understand, I'm aware, etc. of where I am in life, my age, and the state of the world and such, apparently don't seem to work.

I get the same shit, even considering I don't spend much time on the computer.
Granted, in my position I deserve to take some flak.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 18, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »

Im really getting sick of living in the plains.

I feel like Im going to lose my mind...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 18, 2010, 08:56:43 pm »

I find that do unto others as they do unto you is generally best. But then again, I am weird, and nobody likes it when I treat them in the manner that I want to be treated...

Chances are, if two people meet in the street, and one says "Oh, its you." and the other says "what have you been doing?" they would both be happier if they had met their own speech...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 18, 2010, 09:03:02 pm »

I just thought of something:

"Do unto others as you would like done to you. Unless you're a masochist, then don't."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 18, 2010, 09:04:11 pm »

I think that saying was mistranslated from "do unto others nice things you socially malformed freak".
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 8167