Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475251 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1755 on: January 12, 2010, 11:34:11 am »

I took a nap at 5pm, woke at 7pm. My mom convinced me to go back to sleep. Awoke at 11pm and was fully awake and unable to use a computer until about an hour ago(7am). :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 12, 2010, 12:45:00 pm »

Whatever... Chrissie and me got to go home early anyway because the power got cut for some reason.
Hmm, that happened to me today too.  Quite how having no power made it necessary to be sent home is a bit of a mystery.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 12, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

Whatever... Chrissie and me got to go home early anyway because the power got cut for some reason.
Hmm, that happened to me today too.  Quite how having no power made it necessary to be sent home is a bit of a mystery.

(At least here) They send you home early from school if the power is out for a certain amount of time.
I think it has something to do with safety(?).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:31:15 pm by Hawkfrost »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 12, 2010, 04:37:55 pm »

I need to get my addictions in check...

Chrissie.
Yes you do! No acohole, drugs or tobacco as long as crissies around, certain other activities are only allowed if she have no chance to discover them, and homicides are only allowed on the weekends! >:(

( ;) , Although you realy shuld work on avoiding any eventual alcoholism/drugs if that's a problem, and smoking inside is really bad for everyone's health.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 12, 2010, 04:41:36 pm »

Wait, are you addicted to looking after Chrissie?

Or is it a more mundane sort of addiction?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 12, 2010, 04:50:01 pm »

It's uhh... An addiction I really can't talk on these boards about.

And for the record, I've quit smoking (Mostly) but I still drink a lot. Mainly because it seems to help my mood.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 12, 2010, 04:50:29 pm »

Ah, I see.

Is Tv Tropes totally down? I haven't been paying attention, but it seems that this has been the case for a while.
What is this?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:05:03 pm by Jackrabbit »

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 12, 2010, 05:06:16 pm »

I am displeased that i am unable to find my C++ coding book.

I needed that, i'm making a simulator.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 12, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

Alright, so college registration today. Four classes, two of them I had to go on a waitlist for. There are like five people in front of me, and one of the classes I need in order to get financial aid. So that was sorted out. So I took my bike to the Metro and prepared to get on.

A lady working there informed me that you can't take bikes on after four because of the traffic the system goes through. Nevermind it was two stops away and going away from DC, I could not go on. So I checked the bus schedule. The next bus was an hour away. I needed to be home in 30 minutes to deal with some time-sensitive registration stuff.

So I hightailed it over some of the most hilly terrain in Maryland, every point either uphill or downhill. This would not be too bad if I could just coast downhill, but because of the lack of houses on the sides of the roads I was using nobody shoveled the snow from a month ago off. So here, a month later, in the shade of the trees the snow hardened into jagged foot-tall mounds of black ice. Going uphill was difficult, but going downhill was even more difficult as I had to avoid these mounds or risk falling off my bike with heavy traffic no less than two feet away.
 So after 40 minutes of the heaviest workout of 2009 I got home. Do I get rest? Nope, my father wants to know what the situation is at the college. So I explain.
 He gets nothing and asks me questions that were already answered in my opening speech. Then he goes on to explain that I should have done this earlier and explains the concept behind waitlists. After I see his rant is dieing down I head to my room to take my coat and shoes off, but he follows me to explain GPA and class schedules and financial aid. All of this I have explained to him at some point in the past last semester.
 I was still out of breath from the ride home.

So yeah, this isn't so much sad as RAEG.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 12, 2010, 06:06:10 pm »

I know that feeling, my step-father can be like that sometimes :-\

I am suffering from the holiday blues. I've had about 8 weeks without school now, with another 3-4 to go, and it's gettin kinda old. Normally I wouldn't mind, as I could hang out with my friends, but I'm spending this part of the holiday (3 weeks) on the opposite side of the island, and although the weather is nice, there is a painful lack of things to do. I have one old friend up here, but he is oft busy and we're not as close as I'd like.

So I'm bored, very bored, and, thanks to my extended holiday (and some other factors) too lazy and unmotivated to do anything about it. I can almost feel my brain rotting away from lack of use, and all the things I wanted to do are undone. Some other stuff going on just compounds this.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1765 on: January 12, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »

Woke up in the morning only to nap until 2 PM. From there on, I've been cleaning the house all day. Ugh.

To add to my annoyance, I took a readiness test for the job site, and didn't pass. Apparently I'm not (or more like no longer) a person that commits to anything.

I suppose a better way to put it would be that I put 3/4 of my ass into something, and stop before I finish.

Usually the mundane details that bother me (and back then, those used to fascinate me). ... I think I'm actually bored with life. Hell, even with all the games I have and everything else; I dunno. I just don't give a damn about anything anymore. I'm that bored with life. I don't care if I have tons of half-finished or 3/4 finished projects lying all over the place. It doesn't bother me one bit. I don't even care if they never get finished.

I'm open to ideas to knock myself outta this slump.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:15 pm »

Get someone who does care to pester you into doing something. Preferably someone you like. Works for me.

I started writing, only to end up with a rant about religion. This saddens me. I used to be far less cynical. :(
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 13, 2010, 01:21:50 am »

Doctor. Same shit. Same answer.
The old guy needs to fucking learn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 13, 2010, 05:51:10 am »

I was cooking 8 taquitos and right when I'm about to bring them to my desk, I drop the plate. ._.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 13, 2010, 08:14:40 am »

I was cooking 8 taquitos and right when I'm about to bring them to my desk, I drop the plate. ._.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 8167