Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476531 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1695 on: January 09, 2010, 05:57:18 am »

Can you trigger it to self-destruct if it comes into close contact with its brethren?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:03 pm »

I can't send my TOEFL scores to the UO because my old password expired and they don't allow me to change it, due to some sort of glitch or something. I managed to send in my SAT scores, so if it all goes wahoonie shaped, I hope my English score of 630 is enough to prove that I do speak English fluently.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1697 on: January 09, 2010, 02:05:27 pm »

I just learned that I have a ton of free time.

Normally I would be happy about this, but not when it means I only have 4 hours of work next week (literally 7 days from now)... Ugh.

What the hell? The assigned hours are just plummeting here. I'm looking for alternative sources of income right now. Trying at least one site that I was advised since Monster and Careerbuilder both suck right now.

From what I recall, it's a good site for freelancers like me.

ADDED NOTE:
Thank God I got my money back.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 09, 2010, 03:03:49 pm »

In Deus Ex, i quick saved one second before i died from poison, and i have no other saves.

Fuck.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 09, 2010, 03:21:56 pm »

Now he quits the alliance, launches all his nukes at me, killing a third of my population and a chunk of my garrison.
He was no longer in your alliance, and he attacked you without provocation. This is what alliances are for.

MESS THAT MOFO UP.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 09, 2010, 08:48:12 pm »

I... I feel compelled to visit... TVTropes!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:33 pm »

I just learned that I have a ton of free time.

Normally I would be happy about this, but not when it means I only have 4 hours of work next week (literally 7 days from now)... Ugh.

What the hell? The assigned hours are just plummeting here. I'm looking for alternative sources of income right now. Trying at least one site that I was advised since Monster and Careerbuilder both suck right now.

From what I recall, it's a good site for freelancers like me.

ADDED NOTE:
Thank God I got my money back.
Ugh, my entire life is free time but with so many restrictions I cannot use it.

I... I feel compelled to visit... TVTropes!!!

Whats that?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 10, 2010, 12:07:57 am »

I was just about to chew on the end of a bottle of ice tea, but as I bit down on it the thing exploded into shards for some reason like the damn bottle was made out of glass.

now the edge of my mouth is all sliced up.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:19 am »

Your seem to have bad luck at chewing things.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 10, 2010, 01:00:08 am »

Your seem to have bad luck at chewing things.
This was the only time its happened to me.
usually they dont make the plastic this hard so I wasent expecting it to shatter like that.

But becuase of this its alot more pleasant to chew on becuase it becomes warmer. Im guessing glass is even warmer but I cant chew on it becuase it shatters even worse. At least that seems to be the logic behind it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 10, 2010, 04:28:53 am »

... What is it with violence in schools these days? earlier today I had to treat two kids for superficial knife wounds. And another one had to be sent to the hospital...  :'(

At least I hear they caught the little bastard that was causing trouble. But I'm still worried about Chrissie if this kind of stuff is happening...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 10, 2010, 04:35:48 am »

Still sounds better than my middle-school.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 10, 2010, 04:45:01 am »

Really I'm just more shocked this happened so early in the school year. Usually it takes more time than shit like this to start happening, and even then it's not so random. I can't say much about what happened but the attacking kid didn't even know the others according to everyone else.

It's also bothering me that I seem to know MORE than the apparently certified nurse I'm working under given he apparently went to med school and all I have is first aid training and what I learned from books. :/ I'm having to pretty much babysit the guy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 10, 2010, 04:47:20 am »

It's a school nurse. Those guys are the deadbeat children of high-end educational people who want them to have a position they can't possibly fail.

And isn't it halfway through the year now? Or does that school adhere to a different schedule?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 10, 2010, 04:55:55 am »

Actually not sure, I've been bouncing around between stuff I have to do there so much I can barely tell. Though that would make sense I guess.

And yeah yeah I know he's just a fucking school nurse but I have a very low threshold for incompetence. And that fucker just makes me rage.

Not even the funny kind of rage. I've scared him out of the office by accident.

Edit: And now I better go to sleep because someone just called me and said I was gonna have to fill in for him the whole week because this recent cold weather gave him a nasty cold. Dammit.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:32:28 am by Janet »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 8167