Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476576 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1680 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:05 am »

Wow that is some grade-A bullshit. Catastrophically, unbelievably bad luck or actual planned fuck-upping, that really sucks.

Sorry, man.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1681 on: January 08, 2010, 12:18:30 am »

Wow that is some grade-A bullshit. Catastrophically, unbelievably bad luck or actual planned fuck-upping, that really sucks.

Sorry, man.
No need to worry anymore. I need not the pity. I now know what I'm going to do.

If my bank isn't willing to comply with my evidence, and undo the damage and have a word with Valve, I'm changing my bank.

If Valve won't admit to an error (or bullshit ploy an employee was trying to pull), or if Valve is willing to deny anything, I know a certain community, a certain legion, that can knock them to their knee-equivalents for pulling that crap on innocent customers.

Any which way, justice will prevail. And I have my trump card now.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1682 on: January 08, 2010, 12:20:46 am »

I am slightly confused. Did they charge full-price for games that were supposedly on sale, and then reimburse you long after they had overcharged (okay, my terminology is probably ridiculous, but roll with me, I just use cash) your account? In effect, using a sort of automatic rebate system that completely screwed you? Then what happened? You fixed it all through what? I am just awful in financial matters.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 08, 2010, 12:22:44 am »

I can just imagine you, laughing evilly over all of your evidence.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1684 on: January 08, 2010, 12:29:48 am »

I lined up all the numbers. These are excess charges that apparently either was a fuck-up of an employee, or an incredibly sneaky (stupid) way of stealthily making some additional purchases through a random account (wrong fucking account to pull this on, you shmuck). And if this was intention from Valve themselves without warning... Oh man, the hell that could befall them if I feed them to the hounds.

I mean, everything was lined up. I checked everything. Whenever I purchase anything online, I always confirm if I can afford the risk (current actual balance and any foresight of any future payments/dues within the next month, timing new income deposits, etc.); if it's not worth it, I back out, if I know I can risk it, I go for it.

According to what i could've ended my balance on (little tidbit of math in my post), it was still a worthy risk.

They gave me all the prices at face value; but these additional purchases (the ones that were highlighted orange, including the 1 red, excluding the 1 green) came from nowhere, and has brought hell to me.

Apparently, reality still hasn't learned it's lesson not to fuck with me yet.

And yes, fingertips and all, and maniacal laughter when I discovered it. I mean, I did an emotional 180 when I found that info. Check-freaking-mate.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:31:26 am by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 08, 2010, 12:36:38 am »

So... they charged you for something that you didn't purchase?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 08, 2010, 12:36:56 am »

Somebody guessed your password.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1687 on: January 08, 2010, 12:50:02 am »

Correct; and probably (though, not as likely, considering I make sure I'm hard to crack; I even make myself look poor enough, or damn-worthless as a disguise to hide my true value. I'm a peasant king that hunts adamantine kingdoms.). Going to change most of my passwords (The ones that matter more), and send an E-Mail to Valve, and gather the more optimized paperwork to convince the bank, and Valve if they ask.

I was denied some quality fun and food for the next couple days, and got the other kind of fun instead.

At least I can now explain what happened, and maybe get things rolling as I intended again.

FURTHER NOTE:
Actually, I did get charged for something I didn't purchase, and I have no evidence of said purchases at all (Aside the gaping hole in my account). I would've seen more games, and seen gifting somewhere; nope, nada, zilch (checked records, no evidence of further purchase or gifting; and I previously checked it before the incident, so I have proof in my browser history as well, I am right). This had to be an employee fuck up. Reason I'll contact them first, and notify my bank later so confirmation can be made and whatnot.

Wish me luck it goes as planned.

EDIT:
Is there a way to backtrace the actions of the account? Like the last information used (for example, if someone else's account purchased using my information instead)?

I'll contact Steam Billing and Support about this. That seems the most rational first move to make.

Gonna eat first before I do anything. I WAS going to eat earlier, but I had to fix this problem instead. (¬_¬)

Getting dizzy. Okay, let's get moving.

UPDATE:
Working on it right now.
Done for now.
Gathered my bank info and such (printout of my online transaction info, my letter to Valve, my Steam receipts and account info, a copy of my receipts (essentially the same evidence I provided to Valve in my letter to them); all with highlights, and 2 copies (one for my reference, and another for theirs.)), and gave Valve up to as late as 2:30PM to respond. No such luck. Getting ready to head to the bank as I type (before it closes at 4PM I think). Wish me luck that this will pass by quickly.

Bank is next on my list. I'll handle that tomorrow. Sooner if I get a message from Valve/Steam regarding being a reference, or they settled the situation. I need a replacement card anyhow.

Currently doing:
=Made an account
=Scanning bank receipts (as well as transactions), and maybe upload the info I provided earlier to them (minus expletives, and raeg).
=Adding question
=Question sent

Bank stuff:
=Gather similar documents
=Print bank info
=Come up with a series of responses and questions (person-person)
=Deal with the bank, and provide the necessary evidence to undo everything.
=Replace my card with a new one (old one is worn down anyway, I need to anyway; it was getting unresponsive.)
=Wait

Misc.
=Change passwords to accounts online (including bank after dealing with issue)
=Enjoy the rest of the day

Okay, I have a rough draft of my letter to send to support. Opinions?

UPDATE:
YAY! Everything has been taken care of, and I have money in my account again. Still no word from Valve about the issue however. My views toward the bank is relaxed a bit more. I should getting my new (more cooperative) card in soon enough. My old one is worn out anyway.

I don't get how it gets so badly damaged in my wallet.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:38:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #1688 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:06 am »

When you speak to them over the telephone, mention the Better Business Bureau. Don't be rude or irate, just explain what happened and tell them that while you understand it's not the fault of the person you're speaking to, you feel you've been dealt with unfairly and you will be reporting them to the BBB if changes aren't made as well as canceling your account.

It's not a guaranteed strategy, but it does tend to make them fix your situation a lot faster than they would otherwise.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 08, 2010, 01:15:13 am »

Hey Inetlolor, read this: Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account

e: never mind, looks like you already found the "Contact Billing and Support" article
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:16:55 am by Footkerchief »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 08, 2010, 02:22:02 pm »

My dog's right forepaw hurts a lot, and he has trouble moving around. Since this started today, I suspect he might have sprained it because of some obstacle he failed to see due to the snow.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 08, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »

You know, dogs give 5 meat and 5 bones...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:15 am »

Damn it. My microphone won't work. :(

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 09, 2010, 05:04:11 am »

Some backstory: an online tick-based wargame, we have the no.2 alliance, things are going well and we even have a relic. I have recently relocated my colony so it is briefly bereft of spy protection (which costs energy), and I've recently spent a lot of energy to shoot down a missile heading toward an ally (not the one I conversed with below) - also a different missile is heading towards me.

First Message from black magic (an ally):
Subject: spy protection
put it on!

Reply from me:
Subject: RE: spy protection
 I've got my spy on the relic at the moment, so I can't protect my colony.

In my haste to reply, I have forgotten that I can buy spy protection at my colony without needing a spy for a higher energy cost - being low on energy, it just didn't occur to me as a priority purchase. But black magic spots my mistake and goes in for the kill.

Second Message from black magic
Subject: RE: spy protection
idiot !!!!!i dont ask where is your spy!i say PUT YOUR SPY PROT ON *CENSORED* !! chiken!

I was nonplussed. My follow-up went through a couple of drafts, believe me.

Second reply from me:
Seriously? That's how you talk to your allies? You sound about 6 years old when you talk like that, please try to be more mature and conduct yourself like a gentleman.  I'll put the spy protection on when I need it - incidentally it's a lot cheaper when you use the spy's innate protection ability - 20 energy rather than 50.

Now he quits the alliance, launches all his nukes at me, killing a third of my population and a chunk of my garrison.

His final message:
he  noobkid kiss me! say bye bye

Not sure whether his intention all along was to betray us, or if he was just looking for the first excuse he could find - a few days earlier I had asked him to halt an attack on a potential ally, which perhaps he held a grudge about.

I hope someone has a good laugh out of it anyway.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 09, 2010, 05:46:12 am »

My Xbox 360 broke, AGAIN!!!! AAAARRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 8167