Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488750 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1440 on: December 28, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »

I really dont know, there is probably some dentist code to determine what is extreme and what is not.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 28, 2009, 10:51:40 pm »

DAMN THOSE DENTISTS!

(no offence to any reading this, or anyone who has a relative or friend who works as a dentist.)

That video scares me somewhat, but I suspect there is a seperate thread for that, and that I should stop derailing this one.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHA! Immediately after this post I noticed a new thread!
ABOUT DENTISTS!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 28, 2009, 10:52:15 pm »

Oh, you'll see...

Because of this, i just watched AMV hell.

I ...

I am so confused.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 28, 2009, 11:01:57 pm »

Well besides the standard same old same old, Outcast Orange doesn't want to teach me anymore today. So I have to wait till tomorrow.

But incase you don't know what the same old same old is, the constant boredom of all life in general is so overwhelming that I start to remember things past.

Listening to songs that I am now, reading a book and thinking about what could come to be, they all remind me of things I've done and tried to forget. Even with this post I am now remembering things I've wanted to stay forgotten.

Since boredom is my life, All I do is think. I think about everything. I think ahead and I think into the past. Although I try not to I somehow manage to find my way back into remembering that one time when... or when I did this or that.

Even now I'm starting to tear up. Nostalgia is a horrible thing to a person who only remembers things he doesn't want to remember. I can't even work up the courage to play one of the games i remember so fondly.

And now I...Dreams are a hell of a thing. Mainly when they become reality or seem like reality. When the dark gets darker, and I have to lie awake flashing my eyes with a flash light just to stop myself from screaming, or when I walked into a wall, woke up yet still in a dream, reached for the doorknob, the light switch, none of it there, all black, banging on what I thought was a door, screaming into the night, scared out of my mind.

These are the things that I cannot forget. These are the things that make me sad.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #1444 on: December 28, 2009, 11:05:32 pm »

I didn't intend to make you sad,
 I just need some time to do things that are important to me.

That text wall has some moments in it that remind me of a horror game I'm writing.
I hope you feel better soon.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 28, 2009, 11:06:31 pm »

You should go into the wilderness for a while hippoman, its exciting and you can forget all those things.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 28, 2009, 11:11:43 pm »

Only if there are bears. Otherwise it's just even less distracting and will make the matter worse.

Brush up on bear wrestling first, just in case. I don't care if your brining a knife, a gun or an atomic warhead, if a bear attacks you, you must wrestle it. Unspoken rule.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 28, 2009, 11:14:59 pm »

No seriously. Dont worry about the animals. Its pretty distracting if your acctually doing something and not just sitting there in a tent.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 28, 2009, 11:19:51 pm »

Moderation, moderation. You can't just pour bears onto a problem and hope it'll improve, unless the intention was to make the problem go away permanently.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 28, 2009, 11:22:22 pm »

Well if he slept in the wilderness he probably wouldent be having dreams about being in some dark room screaming or bored out of his mind is all.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:00 pm »

You should go into the wilderness for a while hippoman, its exciting and you can forget all those things.

Basically a fantasy of mine that will never come true is fulfilling my Communist dreams and surviving in the wild with nothing. Only the clothes I set out with. No tools or anything. I'll find a rock and cut down a tree. I'm not sure exactly what I'd do but i've thought about it more and more lately.

Although just going into the wilderness would make matters worse as previously stated. I'd be more bored. I'm slightly an Anarchist seeing as anarchy would be fun.

Atleast...Until I got bored of it.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 28, 2009, 11:24:28 pm »

Surviving in wilderness conditions might be somewhat distracting at times, making fire, setting up camp and whatnot, but it would still fall down in cases - gathering food, settling down at camp. Once you're all set up there's little else to do save for think, prepare more, or walk on, and guess what? You can think while you walk and do other things too!

Bears would improve the problem as it would go from;

"Ho hum, gathering edible berries, searching for good firewood / tinder materiels, y'know this brings back memories...OH GOD!"
to
"ISABEAR! FIGHTIT! SURVIVE!"

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 28, 2009, 11:28:09 pm »

this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 28, 2009, 11:34:50 pm »

Well fuck. New update.
Codeblocks is fucked up because I tried adding in pdcurses. Which didn't work. And now my old code wont compile.

Woopie do.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:47 pm »

Basically a fantasy of mine that will never come true is fulfilling my Communist dreams and surviving in the wild with nothing. Only the clothes I set out with. No tools or anything. I'll find a rock and cut down a tree. I'm not sure exactly what I'd do but i've thought about it more and more lately.

Although just going into the wilderness would make matters worse as previously stated. I'd be more bored. I'm slightly an Anarchist seeing as anarchy would be fun.

Atleast...Until I got bored of it.
Its not like its worse then waking up at night screaming and being bored out of your mind all the time. Plus if its your dream you should at least try it for a trial period or something. Mabey you would really like it.

Also I think I can help you get pdcurses in codeblocks if you want.

I had troubles putting mine in too but I got it.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 8167