Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488759 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1425 on: December 28, 2009, 01:42:36 am »

My jacket and hair smelling like stale smoke.  Blech.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1426 on: December 28, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »

Accidentally came into work 2 hours early. Considering driving home would be rather pointless, I went ahead and worked anyway. It was tolerated at least, but grr... my absent mind. Add to it, I closed half-an-hour later than planned. Freaking last-second orders.

Also, I've been noticing from my mass purchase of games through Steam, just how much I spent, contrast to how much I have in my bank account. Good news however, it could've been worse, I could've been paying full price for all those games (up to nearly 500 bucks if I recall correctly, compared to slightly above 100), as well as lack the space to contain them. At least considering the income trend, since I've been keeping track of it, the recovery next month, and month after makes it not such a bad feeling. Microsoft Excel, oh, how I love ye.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 28, 2009, 09:38:36 pm »

Whatever the hell gas they gave me when they were putting my braces in reacted with me WEIRD... I've been hyper and shaking all over...

I actually had to take a tranquilizer, I was twitching so bad it was hurting me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 28, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »

Whatever the hell gas they gave me when they were putting my braces in reacted with me WEIRD... I've been hyper and shaking all over...

I actually had to take a tranquilizer, I was twitching so bad it was hurting me.

That sounds awesome.

Sorry if what i'm saying is stupid, most of what i say is.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 28, 2009, 09:44:31 pm »

Yeah, now mind not posting EVERY SINGLE THING THAT CROSSES YOUR MIND ON THESE BOARDS?!

You're just like Tack, you just post even though you know it's completely stupid.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 28, 2009, 10:01:05 pm »

That could be said for much of humanity in general.

Waking up at 3am and realising I have two days to get my sleep cycle back to normal before the holidays are over.
Also, this thread.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:08 pm »

In a new, better note (as its not calling me stupid) i just watched an anime that made me sad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 28, 2009, 10:05:48 pm »

Im shivering right now becuase the fan is on, but turning it off is not an option becuase then it would be hot!

This is a conundrum.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 28, 2009, 10:12:42 pm »

Im shivering right now becuase the fan is on, but turning it off is not an option becuase then it would be hot!

This is a conundrum.

Turn it off, and when you get hot turn it back on.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 28, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »

This is a conundrum.

Turn it off, and when you get hot turn it back on.
I thought of that, but I ususally forget when it gets too hot.

Normally I have the window open to let out the heat but there is snow all about outside and it makes it TOO cold.

I think Im going to leave the fan on though becuase Im used to it at this point. Still its a bit cold, at least Im not shivering all over the place anymore.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 28, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »

Turn up the heating too!
...but that would waste power...AH!
Turn up the heating AND reroute a local water source, build a waterwheel over it, and then hook it up to your house's power grid, thus giving you more power!
...but then the local council and other residents of the area would be annoyed, and come visit you with corrupt_intentions and pitchforks...

Is it still recursive if it doesn't work for a different reason each time?

Also, the sound card in my computer just broke or fluctuated or something, causing the volume to treble suddenly. A bit startling.

In a slightly off-topic note; they give you gas while fixing your braces? I have a needle stuck in my gums whenever my dentist does any work   :(

Just to top it all off, I'm currently reading through berserk: it's good and the artwork is quite nice, if descending into gorn occasionally, but the storyline is unending tradgedy landmined with awesomeness. Unending I tell you!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 28, 2009, 10:27:25 pm »

In a slightly off-topic note; they give you gas while fixing your braces? I have a needle stuck in my gums whenever my dentist does any work 
They give you gas when you are doing something extreme.

Becuase if they dont the pain is hellish. Of course it wont kill you but it will probably put hair on your chest.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »

Turn up the heating too!
...but that would waste power...AH!
Turn up the heating AND reroute a local water source, build a waterwheel over it, and then hook it up to your house's power grid, thus giving you more power!
...but then the local council and other residents of the area would be annoyed, and come visit you with corrupt_intentions and pitchforks...

Is it still recursive if it doesn't work for a different reason each time?

Also, the sound card in my computer just broke or fluctuated or something, causing the volume to treble suddenly. A bit startling.

In a slightly off-topic note; they give you gas while fixing your braces? I have a needle stuck in my gums whenever my dentist does any work   :(

Just to top it all off, I'm currently reading through berserk: it's good and the artwork is quite nice, if descending into gorn occasionally, but the storyline is unending tradgedy landmined with awesomeness. Unending I tell you!

It will end, I guarantee it.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 28, 2009, 10:35:48 pm »

By 'needle in my gums' what I meant was they give me painkillers via injection, which, instead of the strange euphoria of gas, gives you a numb mouth for the next 6-10 hours, and annoying cramps whenever the feeling comes back.

Also, what qualifies as 'extreme' ? I have had one of my teeth mostly replaced with metal, and still only injection. (right top canine, accidentally shattered the front of it playing cricket. Still don't wear a helmet though, too damn clanky / heavy and hard to see.)
I don't mean 'filled', actually replaced. It phantom itches occasionally, on the other hand it gives me an interesting smile.

True, but will either be and ending of absolute tradgedy and horror, or of complete and utter win and awesomenity (with some horror mixed in).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:34 pm »

True, but will either be and ending of absolute tradgedy and horror, or of complete and utter win and awesomenity (with some horror mixed in).

Oh, you'll see...
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 8167