Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493834 times)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1290 on: December 17, 2009, 05:07:24 am »

Not tired. Not a single bi....

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:20 am »

I would be sleeping in the day but college means I have to get up early.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT:
Argh. Curse you, auto-arrange, not automatically sorting my folders by name! D:<
Ah well... I've already deleted the other two games. I'll just get the speech file and kill it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:51:24 am by Jack_Bread »

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 17, 2009, 06:08:45 am »

It's almost time for bed. 6:15am.

I was the same way for at least three months now. Go to bed at 6-8AM, wake up at 7-8PM.
I finally broke the cycle when I skipped sleeping two nights and managed to stay awake until 8PM, and then crashed and slept through an entire day.

I like to sleep for about eleven hours on average. If I don't get that much, I get bitchy all day.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 17, 2009, 07:29:30 am »

I just moved furniture in my room for the second time this week and lost my wallet in the process. Hotsauce.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 17, 2009, 08:21:16 am »

Hey Reasy, have you tried the counting technique that Alex talked about some time ago?

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1296 on: December 17, 2009, 12:40:30 pm »

I cannot say that I have. Nor do I know what you're talking about, though. I have, however, tried counting sheep, but then I get quickly mixed up about what number I'm on and I feel like more of a failure so it might not be a good idea.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 17, 2009, 02:29:56 pm »

Let me see if I can find it for you. It's buried in my college thread somewhere around here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:22 pm »

I cannot say that I have. Nor do I know what you're talking about, though. I have, however, tried counting sheep, but then I get quickly mixed up about what number I'm on and I feel like more of a failure so it might not be a good idea.

If you get mixed up that's a good thing.  It means you're starting to fall asleep.  Instead of counting sheep just count, maybe with a breath between each count.  Eventually you'll start skipping numbers, then tens, then you'll get stuck in one set of tens and just keep repeating it (Like 97 98 99 90 91 92) and not long after that you'll completely lose your ability to count and fall asleep.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:36 pm »

Bam!

*gasp

Josh... man... you CANT use sleeping pills!!!   

They will make you a zombie...  :o

and the worst thing is... They won't work when you most need them because eventually your body gets resistant to them.  That's why many people end up over-dosing themselves.

There are several techniques that work wonders for those who have insomnia or trouble sleeping.

Once you're ready to sleep, lay confortably, close your eyes (duh!) start couting inside your head from 3 to 1 making a deep breath each time.  Those deep breaths will help you reach a relaxed state.  Now picture yourself in front of a blackboard.  Draw a circle on it and write the number 99 (it can be higher or lower depending on your needs).  Then erase it and repeat the last steps (circle and numbre) but this time substract one.  Etc.  You'll fall asleep. 

The trick is to relax and bore the mind.  It will then shut down.  You will sleep well.  Relaxation before sleep is vital.

See ya.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 17, 2009, 03:08:41 pm »

You sleep too much as it is. What you need to do is sleep LESS. That way you can train your body to become adapted to not having to sleep as often.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1301 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:37 pm »

Bleh, I woke up at 2PM. Thanks guys. Thank goodness nothing was planned, or that I was needed for anything, and that it's gloomy and depressing looking outside.

On the bright side, I'm fully rested. On the crappy side; my circadian rhythm is all out of whack.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 17, 2009, 05:15:11 pm »

When I can't get to sleep I used a technique my dad taught me when I was young... Think of the same thought for five minutes.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 17, 2009, 05:20:04 pm »

When I can't get to sleep I used a technique my dad taught me when I was young... Think of the same thought for five minutes.
My mind spirils out of control if it's on the same subject for to long. I started off with favourite Bleach captain and then ended up on deciding which muffin I like more. Choclate or Blueberry?

I'm adapt at having 4 hours sleep a night for 2 weeks. I crash at the end of it but it's useful some times.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 17, 2009, 05:45:14 pm »

My mind spirils out of control if it's on the same subject for to long. I started off with favourite Bleach captain and then ended up on deciding which muffin I like more. Choclate or Blueberry?

I'm adapt at having 4 hours sleep a night for 2 weeks. I crash at the end of it but it's useful some times.

I hate when that happens to me.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 8167